Al Harrington is on the market

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/warriors/detail?&entry_id=32069

Ok, so it appears that G-State may be looking to move Al Harrington....and I have to say I'm intrigued. G-State is one of the teams that are under the cap so the numbers do not have to match. We all know that Donnie Walsh likes Al Harrington and there is no reason to think that he could not play for Dantoni. Naturally the trade I'd propose would be Zach's 13 million dollar contract for Harrington's 9 million dollar contract. Ofcourse there is no way in hell The Warriors make this move straight up, so there would need to be a deal sweetner.

So Knick Nerds is this a trade you would do? And if so what/who else would we need to throw in?

TunerAddict

Starter
I saw he requested a trade and thought the same thing.

Maybe Donnie will try to deal Steph to them since they are lacking in the PG department with Baron's departure.

KBlack25

Starter
I like Al Harrington as a player, but the fact that he's coming out demanding to be traded, I dunno, I just don't like it. The Knicks have traded for a ton of headcases, 3 of whom are on the team right now, and adding another headcase could be damaging to the chemistry we are starting to see happen...

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Harrington doesn't rebound or block shots, is a bit of a head case and chucks too many three's. No thanks.

Paul1355

All Star
Isn't Al Harrington an offensive only type of forward? This guy isn't known for defense. We have enough players that can score and not defend.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime

But the length of Curry's stay could be brief. The Knicks are one of several teams that have contacted the Golden State Warriors about disgruntled forward Al Harrington, though the Warriors are said to be more interested in a package built around David Lee (16 points, 11 rebounds, five assists against the Heat).

One source told ESPN.com that Golden State's best offers were coming from two Western Conference rivals, but that management would prefer to ship him to the East. A straight up Curry-for-Harrington deal would appear to fill needs for both clubs, although Golden State would be taking on an extra year of salary and making a risky investment in a player viewed by many around the league as too undriven emotionally to ever be an impact player on a contending team.

portega1968

El Cacique

Lee no way in THIS deal.

Harrington has a year less left and he should adapt to this offense easier than Curry.

But the way he's talked about his situation with Nellie, I don't like it. I think he's damaged goods after so many years in this league. And ya'll see how he missed that 3pointer at the buzzer last night? Picture him now in a Knick uniform doing just that.

Even though Curry is buried in the bench, we can get better than Harrington for him. NO way to Harrington.

Now, on the other hand... is Chris Mullin our next GM? I think he's calling the moving company already. You wanna know who our trading partners will be? Take a look at prior partners for Mullins and Walsh at GS and Indy. That's for another thread.

GetRealistic

Starter
Curry for Harrington works for me. Harrington isn't that great of a player but his contract expires pre 2010 so its a win. Also the article says teams in the West like Harrington so we could easily repackage him right back out west later in the year maybe with Zbo.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I'd do Curry for Harrington straight up. We are not going to play Curry chicken so might as well dump a year of salary. In addition Harrington can be packaged later for an allstar.