Those last 5 minutes

Kiyaman

Legend
Anyone feel like talking about the Knicks last 5 minutes last night vs Miami Heat.....those last 5 minutes were a kicker.
Its strange to see the Knicks win every quarter, plus score 120 points.
Dantoni refusing to slow down the game to trade basket for basket when you have a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter became a mystery.
I was shocked when I seen Dantoni signaling to keep pushing the ball in the last 5 minutes with the Knicks up by 7 points.

We know now that Miami defense is worst than ours.

I must admit.....I'm not use to Crawful scoring 29 points without taking 50 shots, or Q.Richardson shots going in the basket to score 16 points in one game (its been so long one might think that's his Knick high).

Letting Miami back into the game in the last 6 minutes is what caused so much controversy for coach Dantoni's style in Phoenix.
I know our 23 win Knicks need alot of work but so does Dantoni's 4th quarter defensive strategy. The Eastern Conference teams does go all out in the 4th quarter.

Wilson Chandler is just amazing, if he get injured this season I will blame it all on Dantoni coaching him at the PF position where we all know he does not belong at. Chandler would be awesome this season at the SF position challenging oposition SF like Iggy, Prince, Jefferson, and Lebron.

KBlack25

Starter
Anyone feel like talking about the Knicks last 5 minutes last night vs Miami Heat.....those last 5 minutes were a kicker.
Its strange to see the Knicks win every quarter, plus score 120 points.
Dantoni refusing to slow down the game to trade basket for basket when you have a 15 point lead in the 4th quarter became a mystery.
I was shocked when I seen Dantoni signaling to keep pushing the ball in the last 5 minutes with the Knicks up by 7 points.

We know now that Miami defense is worst than ours.

I must admit.....I'm not use to Crawful scoring 29 points without taking 50 shots, or Q.Richardson shots going in the basket to score 16 points in one game (its been so long one might think that's his Knick high).

Letting Miami back into the game in the last 6 minutes is what caused so much controversy for coach Dantoni's style in Phoenix.
I know our 23 win Knicks need alot of work but so does Dantoni's 4th quarter defensive strategy. The Eastern Conference teams does go all out in the 4th quarter.

Wilson Chandler is just amazing, if he get injured this season I will blame it all on Dantoni coaching him at the PF position where we all know he does not belong at. Chandler would be awesome this season at the SF position challenging oposition SF like Iggy, Prince, Jefferson, and Lebron.

Kiya, usually I disagree with nearly everything you say, but here I have to agree. What I honestly think is the problem is that the Knicks get tired. They run, they push on offense for the first 40 minutes or so, and then they get tired. Perhaps over time they will get used to running for 48 minutes...

Daequan Cook went crazy last night, it was in part I think b/c they were tired on defense.

Wilson Chandler is a stellar athlete. A lot of people will complain about his not starting, I don't mind who is in the starting lineup b/c to me it only matters who gets the bulk of the minutes.

I do like that D'Antoni isn't going to relent, it tells me that, if he's willing to keep his team running when up big, maybe he'll keep them running when down, whereas in years past they might have just quit...

richtree

Rotation player
Last five minutes ...

when you need a slasher that can get to free throw line .....

count on him with the ball....

and you can't just run up and down ....

his name ...Mr. Marbury.....

next time the lead evaporates , we won't be so lucky to have Wade foul out and be playing the heat

Trin_Starr

Starter
Miami is garbage. Even with Wade and Marion - it's still tough for them to win...and people get all worked up and giddy when the knicks won last night - they were supposed to!

Let's see how they play against Philly....

Against an average team - the knicks would have lost last night....yes they can score but if you can't stop anyone - we're always going to lose...

richtree

Rotation player
YEAH, plus we haven't played well against philly in the last 2 years....

we will probably have a hard time stopping brand.,

there will be constant fouling of the sixers....

and multiple 3 pt plays for them.....

and late in the game (if the game is still close), the kicks will have a hard time scoring ..--- from 6:00 min mark in 4th quarter -- that will be the real test ...

this game I see us losing 112-98 Sixers

TunerAddict

Starter
Miami is garbage. Even with Wade and Marion - it's still tough for them to win...and people get all worked up and giddy when the knicks won last night - they were supposed to!

Let's see how they play against Philly....

Against an average team - the knicks would have lost last night....yes they can score but if you can't stop anyone - we're always going to lose...

Knicks weren't expected to win. Miami was ranked by all the pundits to be a better team than the Knicks and many figure they could be playoff contenders with their offseason aquisitions of Beasley and Chalmers...

GetRealistic

Starter
The last 5 minutes were brutal. But look at the positive if it was last years team we woulda found a way to lose the game, last night we figured out a way to win. Sure it was ugly but its a win and being as we may win only 30 games we should enjoy every W we get.

And if Cook didn't all the sudden become Steve Kerr from three we woulda won much easier.

KBlack25

Starter
Knicks weren't expected to win. Miami was ranked by all the pundits to be a better team than the Knicks and many figure they could be playoff contenders with their offseason aquisitions of Beasley and Chalmers...

Not to mention Wade is back and looked great in the Olympics.

GetRealistic

Starter
Kiya Balkman played 8 minutes last night and that was with Carmello suspended. Don't think he'll be getting much time bud.

Kiyaman

Legend
Philly will be a different story with Zach, Lee, and Chandler getting into early foul trouble to stop Brand from scoring 25 points mainly from down-low.
Plus Dalenbert & Young will be looking to have a big scoring night on the Knicks.

The Philly & Knicks game may become the oposite of the Knicks vs Miami game with the Knicks making a running charge to comeback from being down by 20 points in the 4th quarter of the game.

Does coach Dantoni know who are the best come from behind chemistry lineup players are on this Knick team?
Nate, Chandler, Lee, Marbury, and the missing 6.9 to 7.0 defender in the paint we was suppose to get this offseason (before Duhon).

Philly just had a low scoring loss to Toronto Raptors three "offense/defense" Bigmen (Bosh, O'Neal, and Barg) 95-84. So the Knicks maybe the team Philly take their frustration of that loss out on to score above 110 points.

Trin_Starr

Starter

Are you nuts?
Listen - if wade has a bad game, the HEAT is done... and that's what happened last night.

Miami will probably win 23-25 games this year...there was a point during the game where they had nothing going on and u could see the frustration on wade's face as he seemed like he had to do it all....

The HEAT is garbage....
The knicks will know what time it is tomorrow night for sure...

GetRealistic

Starter
Philly will be a different story with Zach, Lee, and Chandler getting into early foul trouble to stop Brand from scoring 25 points mainly from down-low.
Plus Dalenbert & Young will be looking to have a big scoring night on the Knicks.

The Philly & Knicks game may become the oposite of the Knicks vs Miami game with the Knicks making a running charge to comeback from being down by 20 points in the 4th quarter of the game.

Does coach Dantoni know who are the best come from behind chemistry lineup players are on this Knick team?
Nate, Chandler, Lee, Marbury, and the missing 6.9 to 7.0 defender in the paint we was suppose to get this offseason (before Duhon).

Philly just had a low scoring loss to Toronto Raptors three "offense/defense" Bigmen (Bosh, O'Neal, and Barg) 95-84. So the Knicks maybe the team Philly take their frustration of that loss out on to score above 110 points.

You mean that imaginary 7' defender that was available for us to obtain? Because last i remember there was no such players available for us to obtain.

Trinn Star is Mr. Marbury not so much Mr. Knicks huh.

I agree the Heat are garbage but the fact remains the Knicks are garbage as well. And last season we woulda lost a game like this.. We got swept by Seatle last year so there is no sure thing.

The 76ers are a really good team so if we did lose to them there would be no shame in losing to a team that is just flat out better then us. But i don't think Brand is 100 percent healthy so we may catch a break on that one. Plus the home court advantage will be non existant because all the Philly fans will have blown their loads celebrating the Phillies.

So if we do win the game will the Knicks recieve credit, or will it be because the 76ers are garbage and we got off lucky without Marbury?

So if we do win the game will the Knicks recieve credit, or will it be because the 76ers are garbage and we got off lucky without Marbury?

youuuu got it

buncha babies on this site

you're all in denial

if you dont like the Knicks, dont watch them. If you want them to get better, acknowledge when they do so and root for them as a team.

everything comes back to marbury here, every time out the gate. get over it, this dude isnt part of our team anymore.

one things for sure, itll be nice when he's gone cause then we get to see who the actual knicks fans are

fanboys

jzero29

Rotation player
last 5 min

The pace at the end of the game concerns me. Up 15, we should have ate up more clock. I'm all for pushing the ball and taking an easy bucket if available, but I say it would be better to push, if no easy bucket avail, pull up kill some time then shoot, late in the game. The final couple minutes should be, push, easy shot in transition take it, if not switch from 7 seconds to about 20 seconds, then shoot. DOubt d'antoni will change, but it he should adjust late in 4th, this team although they have started out with a win, would be emotionally ruined if they start blowing leads in the 4th. They need to believe in this system, and a good coach should know when to tweak his system to get a win. The knicks won't always be up by 15, they also won't always hit the shot when it comes to keeping the lead late. If they start blowing big 4th qrt leads the morale/confidence this fragile team has, will be ruined. They need to believe.

portega1968

El Cacique
Finishing games and the second leg of back2backs are gonna be killers for this team until they learn to manage the pace... nonetheless, very fun to watch!!! and Im glad we were on the winning end ot that close one last night (ask Miami how they feel, jajajaja).

lesson learned from last night: if you have a fantasy player playing against the Knicks, START HIM!!! cause we aint got no D. Our offense is our only D; opposing players are gonna get their numbers.

Trin_Starr

Starter
You mean that imaginary 7' defender that was available for us to obtain? Because last i remember there was no such players available for us to obtain.

Trinn Star is Mr. Marbury not so much Mr. Knicks huh.

I agree the Heat are garbage but the fact remains the Knicks are garbage as well. And last season we woulda lost a game like this.. We got swept by Seatle last year so there is no sure thing.

The 76ers are a really good team so if we did lose to them there would be no shame in losing to a team that is just flat out better then us. But i don't think Brand is 100 percent healthy so we may catch a break on that one. Plus the home court advantage will be non existant because all the Philly fans will have blown their loads celebrating the Phillies.

youuuu got it

buncha babies on this site

you're all in denial

if you dont like the Knicks, dont watch them. If you want them to get better, acknowledge when they do so and root for them as a team.

everything comes back to marbury here, every time out the gate. get over it, this dude isnt part of our team anymore.

one things for sure, itll be nice when he's gone cause then we get to see who the actual knicks fans are

fanboys

You damn right I am Mr. Marbury!
I like the dude as a person because of what he does for the community and how he gives back to the less fortunate.
When I read about what he said about Obama's plan and he doesn't mind getting taxed more so that his money can help the less fortunate.... now that's a real caring person....

In fact, Marbury told Newsday on Monday that he's more than willing to pay his share and even endorsed what he called Obama's plan to "spread the wealth."

"I think that it's going to help," Marbury said. "By him trying to create change and by him trying to spread the wealth as opposed to the rich getting rich and the poor staying poor, he's trying to make it diverse and I believe in that.

"I pay taxes just like everybody else - half of my money goes to taxes - and I feel like it should go to the people who need it. Me coming from where I come from, I'm aware of the situation that people are in right now, coming from Coney Island and the projects. Me having what I have is a blessing."

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-sprieber295902944oct29,0,7406598.story

This is why I will continue to support a person like this. Because he cares about the less privileged and ACTUALLY does things to help them instead of just saying he will and never does - like so many other high profile athletes...

This is why I didn't feel it was warranted for him to be humiliated like that on opening night. He is a good person and a good player - better than the current options we have playing point....

He was promised that his slate was wiped clean and he came into camp a good soldier, did everything asked of him and that is how you play him??
That's just not right....

If he wasn't supposed to play or if D'Antoni doesn't want him to play - then talk to him man to man and let him know what's up.

jzero29

Rotation player
Defense not so bad

I know you think I'm crazy, but the defense played well, until the last 5 min. They had steals and contested shots, rebounded on defense. The fact is, when you play D'antoni's system the positive is you get so many more possesions. the negative, is so does the other team. Before the last 5 minutes the knicks were playing decent defense. They had some big steals, I'd like to see better interior defense and I'd like to see them close out better.

GetRealistic

Starter
You damn right I am Mr. Marbury!
I like the dude as a person because of what he does for the community and how he gives back to the less fortunate.
When I read about what he said about Obama's plan and he doesn't mind getting taxed more so that his money can help the less fortunate.... now that's a real caring person....

http://www.newsday.com/sports/ny-sprieber295902944oct29,0,7406598.story

This is why I will continue to support a person like this. Because he cares about the less privileged and ACTUALLY does things to help them instead of just saying he will and never does - like so many other high profile athletes...

This is why I didn't feel it was warranted for him to be humiliated like that on opening night. He is a good person and a good player - better than the current options we have playing point....

He was promised that his slate was wiped clean and he came into camp a good soldier, did everything asked of him and that is how you play him??
That's just not right....

If he wasn't supposed to play or if D'Antoni doesn't want him to play - then talk to him man to man and let him know what's up.

Well I hope you continue to follow his career in Italy. I'm fairly certain i never said another negitive about what he does off the court. Christ didn't Lebron just host a fundraising event for Obama so who cares. I'm talking about basketball.

Why does the coach owe anything to Marbury. I think he was pretty straight forward in his comments after the game. To summarize he said Marbury isn't part of the future and were in a rebuilding process so hes going to play the guys he thinks are going to be a part of that process.

If you do feel bad for Marbury and his situation it's an easy solution. If he agrees to take less money the orginazation will negitiate buyout and he can be free to do whatever he wants.