Game 5: Knicks vs Wizards 11/7 @ 7:00pm ET

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
The New York Knicks vs the Washington Wizards
Wed. 11/7 at 7:00pm ET on MSG​

front.jpg

Welcome to the MSGKnickz33 Pregame show, Im your host the Gold Mac 10 and I would like to welcome you to the show. The Knicks are a .500 team....for now. They are coming off a win against Larry Brown and the Charlotte Bobcats, where Zach Randolph led the way with 25 points and 13 rebounds. Nate Robinson put on a Michael jordan like performance in front of....michael jordan himself, scoing 19 points in the 2nd quarter. He finished the game with 24 points. Wilson Chandler played well scoring 18 points, grabbing 7 rebounds, and blocking 3 shots. Who was the last Knick player to block 3 shots? I think Eddy Curry did it once last year but I'm not sure.

The Washington Wizards are 0-3 and looking for their first win. I predict they will get it. The Wizards have had no problems scoring. They are averaging close to 100 points per game, but their defense has been terrible giving up 108 points per game, which is 2nd worst in the NBA only behind the Sacramento Kings. If the Knicks can play any defense at all they have a good chance of winning this game, but they need to come hungry. The Wizards are gonna be hungry not having won a game yet and going up against a team like the knicks.

If you were unable to see the Bobcats game heres the highlights

STARTING LINEUPS

bullet74.gif

The Washington Wizards

pg-antonio daniels
sg-deshawn stevenson
sf-caron butler
pf-antawn jamison
C-andre blatche

Backups: Nick Young, Darius Songaila, Juan Dixon, Dominic McGuire, Javale McGee, Dee Brown, Oleksiy Pecherov

knicks.gif

hongkong_073007rh.jpg

AND NOW YOUR NEW YORK KNICKS!!!!

AT POINT GUARD CHRIS DUHORN
AT SHOOTING GUARD JAMAL CRAWFORD
AT SMALL FORWARD QUENTIN RICHARDSON
AT POWER FORWARD DAVID LEE
AT CENTER ZACH RANDOLPH

3855.jpg
3407.jpg
3417.jpg
3956.jpg
3531.jpg

BACKUPS: NATE ROBINSON, WILSON CHANDLER, MARDY COLLINS, MALIK ROSE, DANILO GALLINARI

MSG33 PresEnTs the KeY MatChuP: Quentin Richardson vs Caron Butler

Butler.jpg

Caron_Butler_Wizards.jpg

VS

brandy.jpg

quentinrichardson_jpg_w300h334.jpg

Quentin Richardson

Overall Richardson is off to a much better start this year then he was last year but Wednesday night his performance was beyond terrible, as he shot 1 for 9 and turned the ball over 6 times. In the game prior to that Q-rich had 28 points and 9 rebounds. So what should we expect from Richardson? Will he eventually start playing more consistently, was he lucky against Milwaukee, or did his hard off season workouts pay off? Only time will tell but I expect him to be inconsistent. Hes going to have to step up his defense against all star Caron Butler.

Caron Butler

Butler has played very good so far this season, excluding his 4.3 turnovers per game. Hes averaging 20.3 points, 8 rebounds, and almost 5 assists per game. At age 28, Butler is at his best and hes going to be a tough player for the Knicks to contain.

The Official MSG33 Pregame Strategy:
  • Stay with the hot hand!!! If nate gets going, keep giving him the ball
  • Defend!!! Washington is defensively 2nd worst
  • Go to Z-bo; I expect a big game from him
  • Have Chandler guard Jamison; hes the most qualified

Player Spotlight

spotlight.jpg

Quentin Richardson

quentin_richardson.jpg

340x.jpg

spursfan lost

Its Q-rich again. Why? Because he has a good chance against Butler to get back on track and because im short on time and I already know his stats.

Quentin Richardsons Stats:

28mpg
13.8ppg
45.5% fg
35.7% 3PT
5.3rpg

Throwback Joint of the Day:

Artist:2Pac ft. Big Stretch
Title:Pain
Album:Above the Rim Soundtrack
Year:1994

2pac7783.jpg

Download "Pain" Here:
Pain Featuring big stretch.mp3 - 6.73MB

Knicks upcoming Schedule:

• Sun, Nov 9 vs Utah 3:00 PM
  • Tues, Nov 11 @ San Antonio 8:30 PM
  • Wed, Nov 12 @ Memphis 8:00 PM
  • Fri, Nov 14 @ Oklahoma City 7:30 PM

Thanks for joining me for my first pregame show. And remember to watch the Knicks Friday night on MSG.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
msg, just give a little more respect to Q.. Hes tryin at least.. Hes not Eddy Curry

I think i was fair. He played terrible against the bobcats. I predicted that he would be an inconsistent player for us, tell me why i should give him more credit? What did he do last year to prove that? I gave him his credit for gettin off to a better start so far but a couple of good games and a terrible game aint enough to convince me. I can say that he'll be inconsistent at best.

Eddy Curry? Who? :lol:

No one even pays attention that bum ass maggot anymore. The media aint even givin that lame any attention :lol:

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Eddy Curry is done. The minute his contract expires in 2011, he will no longer be in the NBA.

I predict a loss for the Knicks. The Wizards are 0-3. I doubt they're going to blow a chance at getting their first win against the worst defensive team in the NBA.

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
game preview

I do agree that Q has been very inconsistent for us thus far, i still dont get why D'Antoni starts him but thats his deal. Anyways this game against washington could be a challenge but it doesnt have to be, we have to look after Butler and Jamison for sure, Nate has me feeling pretty good about the back court. Washington likes to run when they can, we need to secure rebounds and push the ball ourselves. Washington isnt known for great defense so thats probably an even match, but if we play some D we should be ok. It'll be a high scoring affair i think.

D-Lee42fan

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
again sick thread, mad old-school song classic! anyways now to business i hope we win this game even though the wizards are winless(i think) and are at home...we could win this game we could score on them hopefully Nate plays to or above his average(15.8 ppg) and chandler comes up big on both side of the ball like he did vs the Bobcats we could take advantage of a Arenas-less Wizards and steal a win. We just gotta learn to hold onto our leads...teams like the Wizards will take advanatge of our inability to hold leads thats one of our biggest flaws this year, that along with not playing Marbury...sorry just had to throw that in there

GetRealistic

Starter
Despite the record the Wiz are a really good team so i don't see this one going well. It'd be really nice to steal this game considering we got the Jazz and Spurs coming up and we ain't beating either of them.

We obviously play very little defense but the Wizards play just about the same so i'd imagine we'll atleast stay in the game. But who knows.

Caron Butler is deffinately one of the most underrated players in the league he's rediculous, i remember him back to his UConn days and i was hoping the Knicks were going to be able to draft him but it didn't happen.

Wiz 105- Knicks 97

richtree

Rotation player
I think this may be a lower scoring game for the knicks....
Its on the road, Nate got his knee banged pretty good last game, and Wilson still isn't 100% healthly to me....

VEGAS has the wiz -5.5

the Knicks and Wiz are both slow starting teams...

I see this game being sloppy early...

and the 4th quarter being wild (if the knicks aren't getting blown out)

Even though we are the underdog, I think we have a chance to win this one outright....

Knicks will be happy to be away from MSG on a Friday night where they don't have to hear about the Marbury saga...

I think Knicks have a shot if they hold the Wizard shot % down ...

I predict Zach to have a big game and Duhon to score alot this game

peace

rt

portega1968

El Cacique
nice thread... where's the poll?

if this was a developmental year, why the fuk ain't Gallo getting minutes?

Anyways, Butler is a thief; if Knicks don't use crisp passing, he will be waiting. Antawn Jamison may own our PFs 2night, who on our team canstop him? On the other hand, I think their frontcourt don't have a chance against Z-Bo if he's on his game.

Tonight's Wilson Chandler posterization will feature that wannabe Blatche.

Bottom line: Wizards aint making Eddie Jordan happy and 2night he will be really pissed as the former Bullets erase 35-point Knick lead to begin the 4th quarter and still manage to lose to the Bockers in OT 112-111.

Starks

Starter
Above the Rim is one of my fav Basketball movies of all time. I remember the mid 90s in NYC.

People got robbed and jumped on basketball courts all the time back then, but my love of the game still had me there everyday.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I think this may be a lower scoring game for the knicks....
Its on the road, Nate got his knee banged pretty good last game, and Wilson still isn't 100% healthly to me....

VEGAS has the wiz -5.5

the Knicks and Wiz are both slow starting teams...

I see this game being sloppy early...

and the 4th quarter being wild (if the knicks aren't getting blown out)

Even though we are the underdog, I think we have a chance to win this one outright....

Knicks will be happy to be away from MSG on a Friday night where they don't have to hear about the Marbury saga...

I think Knicks have a shot if they hold the Wizard shot % down ...

I predict Zach to have a big game and Duhon to score alot this game

peace

rt

:teeth::teeth::teeth::teeth: what kinda shit have u been smoking...good post but that had me rolling loll Duhorn can barely score 7 points he's averaging like 6.7 or so ,so alot of points on his terms are 8 or 10 at the most Duhorn is just not that good. Daniels is gonna kill him on defense

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we gotta get Nate and Chandler in the game early and often and draw up plays for them...free up Nate and give the ball to Chandler and let him drive to the basket thats his bread-and-butter. if we do that and Zach continues to play good well be in good position to win this game

feetoe

Benchwarmer
thanks everytime they play the Wizards I think back to that game I think was in 1995 or 1996 when Harper hit that game winning three pointer from way behind three point line

thanks for the Pac joint, also feeling Rough Rugged and Raw version they did on Arsenio with Thug Life

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Above the Rim is one of my fav Basketball movies of all time. I remember the mid 90s in NYC.

People got robbed and jumped on basketball courts all the time back then, but my love of the game still had me there everyday.

I love that movie...one of my top 3 favorites all time.

feetoe

Benchwarmer
there's also the radio edit version where during the hook Stretch says "don't get too close or you might get shot" and Pac saying "now can ya feel me?"