Walsh still considering Harrington

Red

TYPE-A
Sorry I couldn't post the link from the Daily News.Walsh still considering trading Curry to GS for Harrington or 3way trade w/ SanAntonio. Harrington is ok but definately better than Curry. At this point anything is better than Curry. BTW he's considering a Lee Rose trade also.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Lee and Malik for Harrington would be stupid. But Curry for Harrington in a 3-team deal with the Spurs would be ideal. There are also rumors about the 3rd team being Charlotte trying to trade Gerald Wallace.

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...donnie_walsh_sees_al_harrington_as_made_.html

Donnie Walsh sees Al Harrington as made for Knicks
BY FRANK ISOLA
DAILY NEWS SPORTS WRITER

Thursday, November 6th 2008, 9:26 PM

Knicks president Donnie Walsh continues to pursue Golden State forward Al Harrington, but may need a third team to make a trade happen.

Harrington's contract matches the salary of Eddy Curry, who fell out of Mike D'Antoni's rotation even before suffering a knee injury. He is expected to be sidelined for two weeks.

The Knicks are willing to trade Curry, but the Warriors don't appear to have much interest in the former Bulls center. One other possibility would be for the Knicks to trade Malik Rose and David Lee to Golden State for Harrington. Otherwise, Walsh will have to find a third party.

One such team could be the San Antonio Spurs, who have a history of making trades with the Knicks and desperately need additional scoring.

The feeling is that by playing alongside Tim Duncan and Tony Parker, Curry could resurrect his career under Spurs coach Greg Popovich. One major stumbling block is that the Spurs may not have enough assets to satisfy the Warriors in a three-way move.

When Walsh was running the Indiana Pacers, he drafted Harrington in the first round out of St. Patrick High School in Elizabeth, N.J. Harrington is the type of versatile power forward that D'Antoni seeks for his system.

From Newsday:
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spknix075915990nov07,0,1638561.story

Knicks Walsh pursuing Warriors' Harrington
BY ALAN HAHN | [email protected]
November 7, 2008

GREENBURGH, N.Y. - The Knicks are among about a half-dozen teams that have made inquiries about 6-9 forward Al Harrington, who is awaiting a trade from the Golden State Warriors.

Harrington publicly asked for a trade just before the start of the season, and after he played only 16 minutes in Wednesday's win over Denver, Warriors coach Don Nelson said the disgruntled Harrington will be moved. "If there's a trade to be made," Nelson told reporters after the game, "we'll make it."

A league source told Newsday that Warriors executive Chris Mullin received a call from Knicks president Donnie Walsh a week ago and Mullin told Walsh he'd get back to him. Warriors president Robert Rowell is handling the Harrington situation, however, and Rowell has not gotten back to the Knicks about what he would want in return for Harrington, an athletic player who would fit well in Mike D'Antoni's system.

While president of the Indiana Pacers, Walsh drafted Harrington out of St. Patrick's High School (Elizabeth, N.J.) in 1998. Harrington played well for the Pacers but has bounced around to Atlanta and back to Indiana before he was dealt to the Warriors in January 2007.

This season, the 28-year-old Harrington is averaging 12.4 points and 5.6 rebounds. He had 26 points, hitting 6 of 12 three-pointers, and 11 rebounds in 46 minutes in a 112-108 loss to Toronto last Friday.

Harrington is attractive to the Knicks not only because he provides more length, athleticism and shooting touch from the post and three-point range at both forward positions but because his contract expires by the critical summer of 2010. He is scheduled to make $9.2 million this season and $10.02 million in 2009-10.

The Knicks - which are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday - likely would want to offer buried-on-the-bench center Eddy Curry, whose salary is a close match, but a person with knowledge of the Warriors' thinking said Curry does not fit with their up-tempo system, either. The Charlotte Observer this week reported that the Bobcats could look to get involved in a Knicks-Warriors trade situation as a third team, perhaps with interest in Curry. Curry averaged 13.6 points per game when current Bobcats coach Larry Brown coached the Knicks in 2005-06.

The Warriors are pleased with the development of forward Brandan Wright and likely would want a versatile player such as David Lee in any trade with the Knicks. They also are in need of help at point guard while Monta Ellis recovers from his controversial offseason ankle injury, and the Knicks would love to unload Stephon Marbury. The Pacers are believed to be offering their own exiled guard, Jamaal Tinsley, to obtain Harrington for a third go-round.

One league source said Walsh is having a difficult time making trades because "the entire league knows he's trying to move players."

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Walsh is looking for a 3rd team so that he could trade Curry get Harrington and the 3rd teams gets someone as well....otherwise the Warriors are asking for Curry and Lee for Harrington and Walsh isn't going to do that one team mentioned was the spurs they might take Curry cuse they have a slow paced offense and need additional scoring so thats a possibility. we're gonna need Lee for a better deal for a better player down the stretch

richtree

Rotation player
Here is Harrington's contract

2008/09: $9,226,250
2009/10: $10,026,875
2010/11: Free Agent

richtree

Rotation player
not only that ...

if Knicks got Harrington wouldn't he mess up Mikey D- 8 1/2 man rotation

lol

portega1968

El Cacique
seems the deal would have something like Harrington to NY, Curry to Charlotte and Gerald Wallace to GS

Curry will be off the payroll anyways by 2010 and I just don't think Harrington will help us much down the road. I don't care about Harrington and wish Donnie remind himself of how or why he got rid of him in Indy.

Deal is only worth it if we get rid of one of our long-term deals.

richtree

Rotation player
It seems as if the media isn't really asking questions to Walsh...

Always seem he is the name the bring up or he is the shadow in the background...

the NY media is known for getting a story...yet...there is nothing here...?

I don't know , Walsh is brand new here. ....I wanna hear his thoughts of the team , the roster, the coaches, the media, the future, and his own personal goals as well as history...

seems like this should be done ?

am I offbase ?

New New York

Quiet Storm
The best deal to me would be Harrington for Zach. The concern with taking for Eddy Curry for G-State is that there is a concern that he cant play uptempo. Now Zach has showed he can do well in that sort of system so far this season. The salaries don't match, but The Warriors are under the cap so the salaries dont have to match. My hope is that getting a more talented player in Zach is enough for the Warriors to take on a more expensive contract. Because I couldnt think of another player we could include that would make the deal fair.

Red

TYPE-A
Straight up trades

1. Z. Randolf for J. Richardson-Bobcats
2. D. Lee/N. Robinson for L. Aldrige

Projected line up.

Duhon/Marbury/Collins
Crawford/Roberson
J Richardson/Q Rich
W. Chandler/Rose
Aldrige/Jeffries

Im just brainstorming...anyone like this proposal?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Curry would actually be good for the Spurs. He's all offense but the Spurs have Duncan, who is an all around great player. Curry's low post presence might actually work for the team.

If we are willing to part ways with Lee this trade could actually work. I like Chandler though and would like to see him start. I suppose if we were to get Harrington, Chandler would start at PF and Randolph at center. That would be a nice squad.

Randolph
Chandler
Harrington
Crawford
Duhon

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Curry would actually be good for the Spurs. He's all offense but the Spurs have Duncan, who is an all around great player. Curry's low post presence might actually work for the team.
No he wouldn't. Curry doesn't rebound or play defense. If you're 7 feet tall and that describes you, you can expect not to be liked by the Spurs scouts and coaches. There's also his attitude which from afar looks like it's less than ideal.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
1. Z. Randolf for J. Richardson-Bobcats
2. D. Lee/N. Robinson for L. Aldrige

Projected line up.

Duhon/Marbury/Collins
Crawford/Roberson
J Richardson/Q Rich
W. Chandler/Rose
Aldrige/Jeffries

Im just brainstorming...anyone like this proposal?

not really were trading all our energy guys....we will have no bench with a decent starting lineup...id prefer to keep Nate and trade Lee...Nate has been awsome so far he's only gonna get better....LMAO you got Marbury second on the PG rotation D'Antoni just wont play him.... that dude is never gonna play sadly...

Paul1355

All Star
Does anybody know this?

Can someone give me the exact trade that has been rumored?

Not maybe San Antonio or Maybe this team, exact players and teams involved in this rumor and what team is getting what.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Can someone give me the exact trade that has been rumored?

Not maybe San Antonio or Maybe this team, exact players and teams involved in this rumor and what team is getting what.
I'm not sure there are the rumors out there with specific scenarios. I can say with some certainty that San Antonio will not be trading for Eddy Curry.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ Spurs are desperate for scoring help and Curry fits your system more than ours. Im sure you just dont want him on the spurs but the gms may want him loll

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
^ Spurs are desperate for scoring help and Curry fits your system more than ours. Im sure you just dont want him on the spurs but the gms may want him loll
Well I for sure don't want him. From what I've seen of the Spurs FO, they won't do it. They look at character and Pop would probably rather lose now than trade away a future of any kind.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I think that if the Knicks could possibly dangle Randolph and Chandler or Q Rich as bait to the Bobcats ( considering the salary for each player can be managed ) for Wallace, that would satisfy the defensive want on the perimeter 10 fold. Great open court player too. Not an immaculate shooter in the quick fire system, but still a great addition even in the loss of Chandler. Cred to Z Bo for a good season so far but that contract is a big fat Barkley of a burden.

So, if that trade can be sorted along with Curry for Harrington annd potentially Marbury even as an added bonus to deal with for a season and then burn him, his bloated salary and his c.r.a.p then that is 2 under achievers gone for a sweet fit in a system paying its dividends so far this season on an exciting young team.

Again, the contracts are a mystery to me. Where do you source those?