Bobcats Have Interest in Curry, Want to deal Gerald Wallace

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I would do it. Eddy Curry sucks. Better to have a long term contract for a player that can play than to have a long term contract for a player that can't. Gerald Wallace has a lot of trade value, too, so the Knicks could always use him as a way to get someone good, at center.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
okg the rest of his stats were inflated by that game vs the wizards so it isnt accurate the stats he has have been season long....and i would love to do that trade i wouldnt trade Nate though he's a keeper. and even though his contact runs past 2010 he's a really good player that can give us defense and scoring.

JayJ44

Starter
I would definitely do this trade. Wallace is athletic, can shoot, get to the rim. Plus, his contract may be long, but it's not for that much money. He only gets paid like 9 million in 2010. If we wanted to we could trade him for something else, he has much more trade value than Curry. Maybe if we throw in Lee they'll give up Augustin?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
JayJ they wont give up augistin loll...and JPZ i want Nate on this team over Wallace he gives us energy that cant be replaced he's definetly staying in NY..id rather give up lee over nate

JayJ44

Starter
JayJ they wont give up augistin loll...and JPZ i want Nate on this team over Wallace he gives us energy that cant be replaced he's definetly staying in NY..id rather give up lee over nate

A man can dream, that kid looked good in that game against us. I agree with keeping Nate over Wallace. He's probably our best shooter and I think he's gonna be 6th man of the year this season.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I'm not sure we should do this deal. I think Wallace is a good player, but he's identical to Chandler and his contract is 2 years longer than Curry's. I'm not saying I'm against it, because Curry is a waste, I just don't think we should jump on it right away.

I understand the argument that he has more trade value than Curry, I'm just worried where he would fit in the rotation and how his contract would hurt our chances of getting under the cap in 2 years.

I say we still pursue a Curry for Harrington 3 team deal. If that doesn't stand a chance, then maybe go for Wallace.

Does anybody else find it odd that Larry Brown would be considering Curry? They must be desperate to get rid of Wallace.

feetoe

Benchwarmer
is it possible to trade Curry for Wallace then package Wallace and some other player for another trade?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
JayJ great point Nate is gonna be an important piece in our future he's gonna be like a game changer for us 6th man deff...he could even get some serious consideration this year...and if we bring in Wallace were clogged at that position Chandler,Jeffries(when he comes back),Q-Brick,and Gallo(when he comes back) so unless Q-Brick is included were stacked there.

okg, are you seriously saying Duhon is good? Alright ABCD, its your time, own him

okg the rest of his stats were inflated by that game vs the wizards so it isnt accurate the stats he has have been season long....and i would love to do that trade i wouldnt trade Nate though he's a keeper. and even though his contact runs past 2010 he's a really good player that can give us defense and scoring.

OK now that he's looked good in 2 in a row??? Still waiting for you to add those stat lines abcd.
Dam its nice to have a TRUE PG back in NY again!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ relax okg he played against back-up pgs which is his competition you really think he'll do this aganist Paul,Williams,Harris,or even Rondo?....they will smoke him.and thats just naming a few

^ relax okg he played against back-up pgs which is his competition you really think he'll do this aganist Paul,Williams,Harris,or even Rondo?....they will smoke him.and thats just naming a few

We will see won't we Datprince won't we. I still like having a true PG back in the Garden. Our last true PG was who?..... Childs,Ward??? (but our last real PG that could lead this team was who really......... Mark Jackson? dam its been a while!)

dre48ny

Rotation player
I think Wallace is good but his contract is very lengthy, although not too expensive. I understand Curry has to go but I still want to see what Chandler will be and I feel that getting Wallace delivers the wrong message. If the Knicks get a SF in the future, it better be one of the premier ones in the game.