Ewing Jr. Likely To Return!

jpz17

Starter
Patrick Ewing Jr. practiced with the Knicks on Saturday, according to the Bergen Record. The Knicks will likely re-sign Ewing after cutting him on October 27th.
The Scoop: Ewing Jr. will likely not have any fantasy value.
Sat, Nov 15 2008 4:17 PST
-FAN BALL.COM
This is great! Walsh isn't a complete idiot! Ewing will help so much right now! We needed more depth!:gony::gony::gony::gony::gony:

Second souce:

<table style="width: 100%;"><tbody><tr valign="top"><td colspan="3" class="headline" valign="top">Patrick Ewing Jr. working out with Knicks

</td> </tr> <tr valign="top"> <td colspan="3" bgcolor="#fe4d01"> Patrick Ewing Jr. - F - NY - Nov. 15 - 4:11 pm et </td> </tr> <tr><td colspan="3" valign="top">Patrick Ewing Jr. was practicing with the Knicks on Saturday, presumably in anticipation of being re-signed.
The Knicks waived Ewing Jr. at the end of October, but there might be another roster spot opening up if Stephon Marbury is bought out. Ewing isn't going to have any value, beyond pleasing nostalgic Knicks fans. Nov. 15 - 4:11
</td></tr></tbody></table>

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pl...news.asp?sport=NBA&id=1537&line=103219&spln=1

JayJ44

Starter
Yeah, I heard about this. I think they're close to a deal to buy out Marbury, so there'll be room for Ewing. He probably won't play much, but it'll be nice to see him when he does. Plus, maybe he'll be in the dunk contest! Let's hope he gets back on the team. :crossfingers:

Big C

Benchwarmer
I still don't believe the Knicks are going to buyout Marbury until I see him gone. Marbury is not going to take a pay cut and Dolan only wants a discount buyout.

NYKLiFER

Benchwarmer
Yes I Agree

I Want Ewing Back on the Team I hope they find a way. He did not get many minutes but made most off what he did get and showed promise with rebounding and defense. Walsh bring him back....

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i read this this morning on realgm that he's practicing with the team at the practice vacility and i was Hyped up! i cant wait to watch him dunk and the crowd erupts man this dude is an energy player that could be on this team for years to come...he does the little things...so losing Lee to a trade wont make me as pissed off he;s just a shorter Lee

dre48ny

Rotation player
It looks like the NYK are just waitig for a team to make Starbury an offer and they will waive him. Then obviously Jr. will be signed.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
its a bad news-ggod news situation but we get Ewing Jr.back and he'll erupt this place up...gonna win the dunk contest this year...2nd knick in 5 yrs.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
but Chandler and Lee arent dunk contest dunkers...i thought Gay would win last year but thats not his style he's more of a dunk over you kinda guy..Chandler is the same...and Lee i think did win in high school but high-school is nothing like NBA..there are athletic big men in the NBA who won it(Domineque and Howard)...dont think he got what it takes loll..Ewing does

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
yeah bring him back.....

I would definitely welcome Ewing Jr back to the Big Apple. The kid has talent and great athleticism. Those dunks in pre-season were sick!!! If in fact we do buyout Marbury (sad to see him go, if we do) Ewing JR will be a good man to take Marbs' spot in the line-up. Even if we dont play him night in and night out, he's a good backup player. I mean we dont play Collins very often, but he gets minutes from time to time.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^we gotta give to get my dude as mad/pissed off as that makes us....if we get Ewing JR back he should take Collins rotation spot he's not that good and hasnt shown much to me this season