OFFICIAL TRADE: Knicks get Harrington for either Rose or Crawford

metrocard

Legend
Harrington a Knick

Knicks Set To Acquire Harrington

Al Harrington is set to become a member of the New York Knicks, the New York Post is reporting.

The deal was set to go through late on Thursday night, but the conference call with the league is now scheduled for Friday morning.

The deal is presumed to be for Malik Rose.

The move will reunite Walsh with Harrington, whom the Pacers president drafted out of high school (No. 25) in 1998.

Well, it doesn't kill us in the cap, even though we lose an expiring, Rose is so terrible surprised we got Harrington in exchange.

Good offense off the bench I guess.
Are Lee's days numbered?

tiger0330

Legend
I hope its for Rose not Crawford. I think clearing cap space for next season is more important to the Warriors, Jamal is playing pretty good ball and adding Harrington and subtracting Jamal wouldn't result in a better team IMO.

Trin_Starr

Starter
I think Q will be moved to the bench and Harrington will take his spot.
Q is garbage and needs to stop running his mouth like he is some sort of tough guy - he should just shut up and play

New New York

Quiet Storm
My bad for creating a late thread, can you please merge my thread into your thread?

Damn both of you for beating me to the punch! LOL

I'm not sure who or what (draft picks would be the what) just yet so I reserve judgement. But, if it is for Malik then for sure it is an upgrade! If it is for Jamal I could live with that too!

metrocard

Legend
People forget that Harrington has been one of the better long range shooters in the NBA RECENTLY.

45% in 05-06 (127 out of 293)
37% in 06-07 (153 out of 409)
39% right now

Not bad.

He's a tristate area kid too.
Just entering his prime at 28.

Akamu

The King
I hope its for Rose not Crawford. I think clearing cap space for next season is more important to the Warriors, Jamal is playing pretty good ball and adding Harrington and subtracting Jamal wouldn't result in a better team IMO.

orlybabylv5ru5.gif

-No playoff appearances in 8 years
-Low IQ on the court
-Inconsistency
-Chucking at will
-has a low FG% for his career

Hmmmmmm...

Crawful belongs on a losing team and needs a one way trip outta here.

Getting Rose out of here is finally the first GOOD move to get us back to greatness.

If they can bump/trade/eliminate Jamal we would see a difference, we deserve better!

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
well idk if I like, Harringtons a good scorer, n like metro said can shoot 3s well, thus spreading the offence.

It will be a fairly nice lineup;

duhon
crawford
harrington
chandler
zbo

Trin_Starr

Starter
http://www.newsday.com/sports/basketball/knicks/ny-spharr1122,0,3063233.story

The Knicks appear to be close to landing athletic forward Al Harrington from the Golden State Warriors in a trade that possibly could send the team's leading scorer, Jamal Crawford, out to Oakland, Newsday has learned.

Details of the deal were only starting to slip out late last night and the only concrete piece of information so far is that the Knicks were getting Harrington, who Knicks president Donnie Walsh, while with the Indiana Pacers, drafted out of St. Patrick's High School in Elizabeth, N.J., in 1998. Harrington before the season had demanded a trade from the Warriors after a falling out with coach Don Nelson.

The Knicks showed a strong interest in Harrington a little over two weeks ago, as Newsday first reported on Nov. 7. ESPN's Ric Bucher recently reported during an NBA broadcast that Crawford, who leads the Knicks with 19.6 points per game, could be the Knick headed the other way. An NBA executive told Newsday late last night that Crawford was the player Golden State wanted in the deal.

The New York Post, who posted a report on its Web site early Friday morning, suggested Malik Rose's expiring contract ($7.6 million) was the player going out to Oakland, which makes far more sense for the Knicks on the court -- Rose is a little-used, though well-respected big man, while Crawford leads the Knicks in scoring -- but not in payroll. Crawford makes $8.6 million this season, though he does have an opt-out in July. If he picks up the option, he has two more years at $9.3 million and $10 million in 2009-10 and 2010-11.
The Knicks, who are owned by Cablevision, which also owns Newsday, have a plan to get under the salary cap by 2010.

Crawford, who averaged a career-best 20.6 points per game last season, could opt-out to become a free agent.

Harrington, who has been sidelined after asking for a trade, makes $9.2 million this season and $10.02 million in 2009-10. The trade works for either player because the salaries are within 25 percent, plus $100,000, of each other.

The Knicks are in Milwaukee to play the Bucks tonight.

Trin_Starr

Starter
If it is indeed Crawford is gone - expect "The Return of the Starbury" to play the 2

And then I read this - pure coincidence?

http://blogs.nypost.com/sports/knicks/archives/2008/11/buck_shot.html
Mike D'Antoni says often he just wants to see improvement as the season goes on. So tomorrow night in Milwaukee, the KnicksNew York Knicks coach will get a real evaluation. The 94-86 loss to Milwaukee at the Garden was an abomination, dropped the club to 1-2 and the lottery seemed on the horizon.

They have righted the ship since, but bring a two-game losing streak into tomorrow's game against the 5-8 Bucks and could drop back to .500 with another loss. The Bucks won't have Michael Redd, who injured his ankle vs. the Knicks and still hasn't made it back. At full strength, the Bucks might be good enough to compete for the eighth seed. Or at least they looked that way at the Garden.

Chris Duhon got badly outplayed by someone named Ramon Sessions and Andrew Bogut hurt them inside. Interior defense is still an issue. The reason the Knicks got back into the game in Boston in the fourth quarter was they allowed no points in the paint in the final session after giving up 50 in the first three quarters, with Leon Powe and Kendrick Perkins having their way.

The return of 6-11 Jared JeffriesJared Jeffries will help, but he's probably still two weeks away from dressing and he'll be rusty at first. In the meantime, the Knicks have two games each vs. Detroit and Cleveland.

At practice today, David Lee admitted the Bucks' game "was our worst performance of the season.'' The Knicks, despite leading the league in offense, also are last in defense - scoring and field-goal percentage. And in their last two losses, they scored more than 100 points and lost after going 5-0 in that category to start.

--

The only contact Marbury had with Donnie Walsh today was when they collided into each other at the Westchester practice facility as Marbury opened the door to the lockerroom and Walsh was coming out. No words were exchanged. Marbury made the flight to Milwaukee after he actually did more scrimmaging with club than in the last two weeks. That's because they have so few healthy bodies. Jerome James is supposed to join team in Milwaukee after dealing with a family matter. That will mean 11 healthy bodies can dress - one less than most teams suit up. Marbury is expected to be in street clothes...Just landed in Milwaukee, the dreariest city on the NBA circuit. If I'm Scott Skiles, I'm thinking maybe I should've waited before jumping at the Bucks' offer. Walsh needed some time but Skiles wasn't willing to wait. Just wondering if you think Skiles would've done well here. Like D'Antoni, the defensive-oriented Skiles would've likely banished Eddy Curry.

Last edited:

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
If it is indeed Crawford is gone - expect "The Return of the Starbury" to play the 2

lol i actually wouldn't mind that at all.

I think duhon's been great, thus should keep his spot.

Duhon
Marbury
Harrington
Chandler
Zbo

That would continue to score high.

jpz17

Starter
I see a potential playoffs in New York?????
Zach attack
Harrington
Will-to-kill
Crawford
Duuuuuhon

Nate
Lee
Q
Ewing?

I'm guessing Collins will go to GSW too... I wouldn't care! GO WALSH!

I take it this is our only move were making?

Trin_Starr

Starter
lol i actually wouldn't mind that at all.

I think duhon's been great, thus should keep his spot.

Duhon
Marbury
Harrington
Chandler
Zbo

That would continue to score high.

I agree - in all the preseason games - when Duhon play the point and steph the 2 - the offense was so smooth. Most of Duhon's open spot up 3's was from Steph's drive and kick backs.

richtree

Rotation player
NBA_Harrington_small.jpg

Al Harrington was traded to the Knicks on Friday according to the New York Post.
It is unclear whether the Knicks have given up Malik Rose's expiring contract or Jamal Crawford. This puts Harrington in a the highest scoring offense in the league, and severely impacts the value of forwards Quentin Richardson, Wilson Chandler, and David Lee. This move also gives team president Donnie Walsh more incentive to trade Zach Randolph, given the logjam the Knicks have in the frontcourt when Jared Jeffries returns. Nov. 21 - 6:33 am et
Source: New York Post

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
malik rose for al harrington??LOl, i actually have to laugh at that but crawford for harrington seems fair but damn how many guards do they need, must be tradin monta ellis, hmmmmmm.....more to it"?