If Crawford Was Traded ...will Steph Play ?

richtree

Rotation player
We Obviously Have Read The News For the Al Harrington Trade

Does this give Steph hope if Crawford was traded ??

richtree

Rotation player
i Think if it was for Crawford it hurts David Lee's value the most....

and it helps Chandler and Roberson's value the most.....

Chandler has 2 flaws., one is guarded big scoring PF -- i.e. (you seen what Dirk did to him)

So now harrington and Zach can defend on the bigs and play Wilson at the 3 spot....and when its a small team you can rotate all 3 players at the 4 and 5 spots....

If Crawford is gone and you aren't playing Steph....it seems logical that LEE will be moved for a guard that can play the 2 spot ....

I am like a kid on xmas morning today......Blackberry storm is released today and JC could be gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

richtree

Rotation player
And we get back Al Harrington ....

by the way I played 2 mins against him in High School...he was so dominate as a Freshman they pulled him out of the Scrimmage immediately...

and remeber Shaheen Holloway (for all you jersey cats) he was sick in high school

peace

KBlack25

Starter
Nah, the way I see it if it was Craw for Al straight up, Q would move to SG and Al would move to SF, Marbury would be in the same position...

feetoe

Benchwarmer
some of you still haven't woken up that Marbury is no longer going to play for the Knicks organization.

richtree

Rotation player
feetoe....

you need to chill !!!

If Crawford is gone and Marbury is still lingering around....why can't I talk about Steph playing....

especially if any guards get an injury ...you just wanna give up the season ?

feetoe if you know so much., pls enlighten me., or watch your teeth

feetoe

Benchwarmer
it's all good but you can talk about Marbury all you want but it's going to be for naught, the Knicks organization is not going to play him regardless of the circumstances. it's just reality.

GetRealistic

Starter
Marbury is not playing wheather Crawford is here or not. Thats been established so lets just stop that speculation. If Crawford is gone look for Mardy, and Roberson to get more time. And Q to move to the starting 2 guard.

richtree

Rotation player
Marbury is not playing wheather Crawford is here or not. Thats been established so lets just stop that speculation. If Crawford is gone look for Mardy, and Roberson to get more time. And Q to move to the starting 2 guard.

OK, getrealistic.....I have been here alot and listen to your opinions against Marbury, and I always try to see your point of view ..... I think you are one of the few anti-marbury guys that back everything up with good, solid facts....

but I have a question for you ., and I want you to answer it honestly...

If Crawford is traded, Dont you think Mikey D and Walshy knew that I would open the door for new Marbury talk....

Because our backcourt is short....and if there are nights when say Duhon or Nate are injured ,,,,even if it is minor we are gonna really need another body...

So, regardless if you like Steph or not.....

Dont you agree that Walsh opened up a whole lot of questions, some of which now included Stephon Marbury ??

GetRealistic

Starter
No i don't at all. The Marbury era is gone dude. If they had interest in playing him why wouldn't they be playing him right now instead of Mardy Collins, or even Roberson.

D'Antoni has said many times he wants to play guys who have a future here and Marbury despite his fan base has no future here. He's not going to play. Even if that means Mardy Collins and Q Rich are the shooting guard tandem. If we got in a big pinch i could see Chandler even playing the two guard.

The Marbury is over

richtree

Rotation player
it seems Mobley would be coming east anyway...

we should get this deal done

priority 1

then 2 buyout marbury

then 3 trade david lee....(including Curry if any team is stupid enuff to bite)

then make playoffs....

metrocard

Legend
No i don't at all. The Marbury era is gone dude. If they had interest in playing him why wouldn't they be playing him right now instead of Mardy Collins, or even Roberson.

D'Antoni has said many times he wants to play guys who have a future here and Marbury despite his fan base has no future here. He's not going to play. Even if that means Mardy Collins and Q Rich are the shooting guard tandem. If we got in a big pinch i could see Chandler even playing the two guard.

The Marbury is over

If you were the coach.
What would you do?

Marbury
Richardson
or Collins?

at the 2

GetRealistic

Starter
I think you know that answer Metro. I'm with D'Antoni I have no interest in playing Marbury at all ever again. I agree with you that we should just release him and let him play for another team. But Marbury has played his last game as a Knick.

And apparently Mobley will be playing SG minutes.

metrocard

Legend
I think you know that answer Metro. I'm with D'Antoni I have no interest in playing Marbury at all ever again. I agree with you that we should just release him and let him play for another team. But Marbury has played his last game as a Knick.

And apparently Mobley will be playing SG minutes.

Why wouldn't you settle for the most productive player the position? Sometimes you need to put your personal agendas aside and let the best, most skilled, most experienced, and most ready play ball.

GetRealistic

Starter
Why wouldn't you settle for the most productive player the position? Sometimes you need to put your personal agendas aside and let the best, most skilled, most experienced, and most ready play ball.

And in my personal belief hes more of a headache then a good player. He's a good player but hes far from a game changer. He's always put up stats but he's never been part of a winner. And i don't want to hear about the lack of teammates or his quick playoff stints cause they don't matter. He just isn't a good teammate its simple. I don't want to get into another 10 page debate because we all know its pointless because he isn't going to play.

Also if we make this 3 team trade it helps us massively as far as getting under the cap and things like that but i don't think it necessarily makes us a better team right now. So i think sticking with the idea of giving minutes to the young players is more beneficial then playing Marbury.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Marbury WILL NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN play for the Knicks.... A Gift from god...its wishful thinking and all harrington is trash and will not help us win AT ALL u will all see

feetoe

Benchwarmer
Marbury WILL NOT EVER EVER EVER EVER AGAIN play for the Knicks.... A Gift from god...its wishful thinking and all harrington is trash and will not help us win AT ALL u will all see

might be time to update your avatar

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Jrg3 its not like we were winning with Crawford....so lets face it he had to get traded especially if we wanna keep our 2010 plans intact