Marbury activated tonight?

feetoe

Benchwarmer
just read this elsewhere:

"TKB has learned that the Knicks are activating Stephon Marbury for tonight?s game in Milwaukee.
This is significant for a bevy of reasons:
Since Marbury has been banished, this decision is not because they?ve made room for him because of the Crawford deal.
Sources tell us that the team will activate Marbury because another trade is in the works so that the team can dress 8 players- an NBA rule.
As we?ve been reporting all morning the team is discussing a deal with the Clippers."

Starks

Starter
Chris Kaman, welcome to New York. Let's do it. We finally get a big man to play center that know's how to play

GetRealistic

Starter
NYK receives: Jerry Stackhouse, Marcus Camby

DAL receives: Zach Randolph

LAC receives: Josh Howard, Mardy Collins

Thats from Theknicksblog.com

richtree

Rotation player
Newsday is speculating about the possibility of Stephon Marbury getting minutes in the wake of the Al Harrington-Jamal Crawford deal.

This is purely speculation at this point. Repeat: purely speculation. We'd be exceedingly surprised to see such a scenario unfold.
Source: Newsday

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Id enjoy watchin him one last time as a knick. Itd be great to see him play tonight. Doubt it will happen....

I like that

GetRealistic

Starter
If we only have 8 men obviously you have to use Marbury tonight. But i wouldn't go getting overally excited, because i'm sure they'd rush in Harrington and the others as soon as they can for Saturday.

I'm going to the game tomorrow so it would be kinda cool to see the debut of all these guys or better yet the possible return of Camby.

The more i think about it the more i think Camby is viable. Because why would the Clippers want Kaman, Camby, and Randolph. There ain't enough minutes.

GetRealistic

Starter
The Clips are in Philly tonight so barring a problem with physicals anybody we get from Philly would be ready to go Saturday night.

richtree

Rotation player
it would be kewl if Mikey D let Steph play 1 game, he plays well, gets a standing ovation and the end of the game., and quietly walks away to a new team....

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
cambys been one of my favorite players since he first came into the league. It would be rewarding to have him and his defense back in NY after being tortured by watchin curry, lee, randolph, and frye fail at protectin the basket the past 4 years. Even a past his prime antonio davis was better then them. But camby would be the best defender we've had since.....camby. Mutombo was the last shot blocker we had, but by the time he played here he was way past his prime (but still good). Kurt thomas wasnt a shot blocker but he was a very good low post defender.

LJ4ptplay

Starter

Whoa! Nice!

Duhon
Stackhouse or Q Rich
Chandler
Harrington
Camby

w/ Lee, Nate, Jeffries and Stackhouse/Q rich off the bench.

Not bad. I'll take that. Plus, when Curry goes, we will be far enough under the cap in 2010 to sign multiple free agents. Nash, Bosh and Lebron in Knick uniforms and in D'Antoni's system sounds pretty exciting to me.

Madhatter9382

Benchwarmer
Marbury told D'antoni that he didn't want to play when Mike told him there was 30-35 minutes available for him tonight....

thats pretty telling to me.

Wheres your info son??? And even if he did I don't blame him. Dantoni wanna freeze him out for the first 11 games of the season and now come to him... PLEASE. I wouldve been like blow me!

DunkinDonuts

Benchwarmer
Agreed. Why should he play when D'antoni made it clear that he didnt want him playing. At least Steph is smart enough to save some dignity instead of getting garbage time.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
^ agreed man,Marbury wont never let his pride go. D'Antoni said at the beginning of the season that Marbury wasnt part of the team/future and he didnt want him playing so when D'Antoni was desperate and needed him Marbs refused to play and let his pride down...he pretty much told D'Antoni "**** you im not playing for you " you had me didnt want me, now you want me and i dont need you

Paul1355

All Star
^ agreed man,Marbury wont never let his pride go. D'Antoni said at the beginning of the season that Marbury wasnt part of the team/future and he didnt want him playing so when D'Antoni was desperate and needed him Marbs refused to play and let his pride down...he pretty much told D'Antoni "**** you im not playing for you " you had me didnt want me, now you want me and i dont need you

Mike D also said that he WOULD play him if he needs him....we needed him and he bailed on us just like he did last year...........i dont know who is the blame here but Steph once again is involved in a coach-player saga. Are we going to sit here and say that it was never Marbury's fault????? larry Brown, Isiah, now Mike D....i just think both Mike D and Marbury are hiding something.