Official: Randolph/Collins for Thomas/Mobely completed

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
SMH @ Donnie Walsh. Zach Randolph was playing at an All Star level. Why would he trade him now, if the Knicks were doing well with him? Walsh should have traded Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James, if they wanted capspace. The Heat are in need of a center. We could have easily packaged Lee, Curry, and Jerome James or Quentin Richardson for Shawn Marion.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
i think he will
Mike D'Antoni isn't going to play Marbury. Everything with him is politics. Chris Duhon will just start, and Nate Robinson will play off the bench. Or, if not, he'll use Duhon and Robinson at point guard and shooting guard, and Roberson will come off the bench. SMH

JayJ44

Starter
need to see it somewhere else for validation
http://blogs.trb.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/11/knicks_announce_deal_more_in_t.html
There you go!

SMH @ Donnie Walsh. Zach Randolph was playing at an All Star level. Why would he trade him now, if the Knicks were doing well with him? Walsh should have traded Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James, if they wanted capspace. The Heat are in need of a center. We could have easily packaged Lee, Curry, and Jerome James or Quentin Richardson for Shawn Marion.

Because there's no point in keeping him any longer, since he's not in our future plans. What's the point of having an average record, maybe or maybe not getting in the playoffs with an 8th seed. We need to start rebuilding now. Now we have cap flexibility in 2010, and we'll probably get a high draft pick this year. Neither Q-Rich or James have contracts running into 2010, so trading them isn't a priority. There's still time to trade Curry, I don't imagine there's a lot of teams lining up to take him off our hands.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
your right ABCD but cant a man dream,were barely be dressing 8 players so he may be forced to play him if only for today

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
http://blogs.trb.com/sports/basketball/knicks/blog/2008/11/knicks_announce_deal_more_in_t.html
There you go!

Because there's no point in keeping him any longer, since he's not in our future plans. What's the point of having an average record, maybe or maybe not getting in the playoffs with an 8th seed. We need to start rebuilding now. Now we have cap flexibility in 2010, and we'll probably get a high draft pick this year. Neither Q-Rich or James have contracts running into 2010, so trading them isn't a priority. There's still time to trade Curry, I don't imagine there's a lot of teams lining up to take him off our hands.
You are being brainwashed by Donnie Walsh and his flawed 2010 plan that does not guarantee a healthy Lebron James, Dwyane Wade, or Chris Bosh to land in New York. Zach Randolph was the best player on our team. Now that he dumped Crawford and Randolph, our best player is Wilson Chandler, and our leader is Chris Duhon. Donnie Walsh should not have even thought about trading Crawford and Randolph, until he traded Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James. You're right that most teams didn't want Curry, but the Heat are desperate for a center. They would have took the bait, if we packaged Curry, Lee, and James or Richardson for Shawn Marion. Especially since Marion's numbers are down from last year.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
Damn...I know why we did it, but I don't like the Zach trade. TT is a punk ass, and Cutino is the one guy in the league who is worse that Crawful defensively...Oh well, hello lottery...:crossfingers:Rubio???

JayJ44

Starter
You are being brainwashed by Donnie Walsh. Zach Randolph was the best player on our team. Now that he dumped Crawford and Randolph, our best player is Wilson Chandler, and our leader is Chris Duhon. Donnie Walsh should not have even thought about trading Crawford and Randolph, until he traded Eddy Curry, Quentin Richardson, and Jerome James. You're right that most teams didn't want Curry, but the Heat are desperate for a center. They would have took the bait, if we packaged Curry, Lee, and James or Richardson for Shawn Marion. Especially since Marion's numbers are down from last year.

It doesn't matter who our best player is this season. The Knicks are rebuilding now. Walsh is getting rid of our large contracts for shorter ones in order to be a much better team down the line. Z-Bo and Crawford had to be traded eventually, because they are owed a lot of money in 2010. Would you rather keep Crawford and Z-Bo, and maybe make the playoffs in a low seed every year. Or trade them, suck for 2 years, and possibly contend for a championship in maybe 5 years with superstars on our team. Randolph and Crawford are a lot easier to trade than Curry, because they actually play. I'm sure Donnie has tried to talk to the Heat. I heard a rumor that he was trying to get a deal done with them. We don't know what happened with them, but it couldn't get done for one reason or another.

Damn...I know why we did it, but I don't like the Zach trade. TT is a punk ass, and Cutino is the one guy in the league who is worse that Crawful defensively...Oh well, hello lottery...:crossfingers:Rubio???

Hasheam Thabeat - 7'3" Dominant Defensive Center that can run! Remember the last time we drafted a defensive Center :beer: ...... We're not going to

need offense when LeBron get's here anyway :) :thumbsup:

Paul1355

All Star
WOW i have been gone from the site lately and this shocks me. Finalyl a move was done. I thought we could have gotten a better deal for Zach. He has been our all star so far. This had to be done though for that cap space.

jzero29

Rotation player
I'd like them to play marbury now

It is clear this team is changing and will only change further. Marbury, could be used big time to fill jamaal crawfords spot. Although I guess mobley will. I never liked mobley, he's to much like jamaal.
The only good thing is that, these guys contracts are gone.
It wold be cool if curry and marbury played increasing their values as did crawford and Zach. they could be our next trade bait. If anything Curry could gain confidence and become a decent player... then believe he'd hit it big and opt out!!! That would be sick.

Funny almost a little sad to see them go, with how productive they've been. But the cash in 2010/11 is awesome. Just need to slap myself in face, can't believe it!!!

Knicks new contracts
http://hoopshype.com/salaries/new_york.htm
I keep checking they removed crawford, and added harrington, but not zack and collins.
You'll see we have like 4 contracts into 2010/11
2 of them are player options, so the player could opt out.(curry and jefferies) 2 of them is a team option that we can choose not to pick up(although it's galinari and chandler, so at least chandler will be def opted for)

Last edited:

jpz17

Starter
tim-thomas_300.jpg

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
It doesn't matter who our best player is this season. The Knicks are rebuilding now. Walsh is getting rid of our large contracts for shorter ones in order to be a much better team down the line. Z-Bo and Crawford had to be traded eventually, because they are owed a lot of money in 2010. Would you rather keep Crawford and Z-Bo, and maybe make the playoffs in a low seed every year. Or trade them, suck for 2 years, and possibly contend for a championship in maybe 5 years with superstars on our team. Randolph and Crawford are a lot easier to trade than Curry, because they actually play. I'm sure Donnie has tried to talk to the Heat. I heard a rumor that he was trying to get a deal done with them. We don't know what happened with them, but it couldn't get done for one reason or another.
You don't get it. If the Knicks kept Crawford and Randolph, they could have still gotten capspace from Marbury, Malik Rose, Jerome James, Chris Duhon, and Quentin Richardson's contracts expiring. These trades were not needed. If anything, these trades hurt our chances of becoming contenders. Lebron can't make the Knicks a contender by himself. Even on the Cavs, he's always had a good defensive lineup. The Knicks have no defense and now have no offense, after this trade. Another thing that you have to think about is whether Lebron will even come to the Knicks, because he never said he was coming here in 2010.

Red

TYPE-A
Never Satisfied!

Wow, Walsh moved about 21mil off the books for 2010 and dudes are still complaining. An example of trying to have your cake and eat too.
These trades are for lack of a better term coming from a desperate team. A team that hasn't been under the cap since there was one. We can't move garbage (if others won't take it). We can't trade, lower cap, be competitive, make the playoffs and have the #1 overall pick and re-tain all the talented ones, its ridiculas to think so. Especially with the type players we had. Players that can play but are far from worth the money they demanded. Z Bo is good not 16,17 and 18mil good! Crawful was good, not 9,10 and 11mil good! You have to sacrifice in order to achieve.

Having the "opportunity" to sign a free agent and/or Superstar is far more worth keeping these players.

This is an example of taking 1 step back, to take 2 steps forward.

"Men and women lie...the numbers don't lie"!- Jay-Z