Jeffries to Start Practicing this week

nixrool

Rookie
I was dissappointed with Jeffries last year. His lack of offense I can deal with, but I wasn't too impressed with his defense either. However, hopefully what D'antoni believes is true and he will be a big part of this team. Remember, Isiah said the same thing.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
man we screwed up the team badly for the two years ahead... i hope it's worth it(Lebron, wade, bosh, nash, amare)

but i don't think jeffries should be our center

1. Duhon
2. Mobley
3. Chandler/Q. Rich
4. Harrington
5. Lee

then nate, q or chandler whichever isn't starting and after that Jeffries

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Good to hear, JJ's defense is needed badly right now. I think hes a good choice for center, not the tallest man in the league, but he plays physical basketball. It'll be good to have him back to say the least.

JayJ44

Starter
Any relatively tall person is welcome at this point. I don't know how well Jeffries will do guarding centers, but he's our best option. He's athletic, so he should be OK.

th3realicon

Rotation player
When he was signed it looked like we had the defense figured out, but soon he grew into a below average defensive player. he couldn't score for jack too so i kinda could care less if he begins to practice or not. Yeah he can eat some minutes here and there but to me he should be no more than a back up defensive option.

KBlack25

Starter
Apparently JJ was one of the guys D'Antoni really liked pre-season. He's on the team and so I'm willing to give him a shot. Defensively he can step up, though he didn't really show much last year.

That said he still plays better D than a lot of the team, and perhaps D'Antoni has some wisdom to impart on Jefferies. A lot of people are saying he could be like Boris Diaw. I wouldn't go that far personally but in terms of what else this team has available, I think Jefferies will become a much welcome addition to the bench.

A lot of people are expecting a lot of nothing from Jefferies, and I suspect a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised...

Apparently JJ was one of the guys D'Antoni really liked pre-season. He's on the team and so I'm willing to give him a shot. Defensively he can step up, though he didn't really show much last year.

That said he still plays better D than a lot of the team, and perhaps D'Antoni has some wisdom to impart on Jefferies. A lot of people are saying he could be like Boris Diaw. I wouldn't go that far personally but in terms of what else this team has available, I think Jefferies will become a much welcome addition to the bench.

A lot of people are expecting a lot of nothing from Jefferies, and I suspect a lot of people will be pleasantly surprised...

i fall into one of da "expect nothing but crap" from him so lets hope he surprises me

GO TEAM STARBURY

god out...

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Jared Jeffries is a good defender and passer. Although he lacks offense, he does know how to make lay ups and dunks. I don't see anything wrong with starting him, as long as we have someone that's willing to step up offensively, to make up for Jeffries. Maybe Wilson Chandler and Al Harrington can make up for it.

Paul1355

All Star
We need a defensive big man off the bench...and if Mike D was so impressed with a bum like Jeffries who might actually fit this system good, then i am excited to have him back.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Jefferies has been a huge disappointment so far as a Knick, now with that said both Mike Dantoni and Donnie Walsh said they felt he was going to have a strong year for us, so I'm curious to see what they meant, but ofcourse coming off an injury he couldve lost what they said they saw in him.

Not excited but curious to see Jefferies back.

Now how do yall think Eddy Curry fits into things?

Paul1355

All Star
Jefferies has been a huge disappointment so far as a Knick, now with that said both Mike Dantoni and Donnie Walsh said they felt he was going to have a strong year for us, so I'm curious to see what they meant, but ofcourse coming off an injury he couldve lost what they said they saw in him.

Not excited but curious to see Jefferies back.

Now how do yall think Eddy Curry fits into things?

Have no clue but when Jeffries comes back....Curry won't even be at the game lol

JayJ44

Starter
Guys, don't put too much stock into D'antoni's assessment. Maybe it's true, but remember that Jeffrie's contract counts against the cap in 2010. I think they're trying to get some one to trade for him.

jpz17

Starter
Jeffries is expected to start practicing this week including today's practice at 3. When healthy he will be our projected starting C. More defense in the front court...that's what I like (even if he is garbage on the offensive end, we don't need is offense).
nice to see you here again 1 and only.. thought you took off again

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
We desperatly need Jeffries he's not needed for offense but for his defense we need it asap he'll give us a new dimension and his offense could be decent in this offense i mean in D'Antonis offense anyone could be successful he's run-and-gun type player not meant for the half-court

WiL8000

Rotation player
Agreed, we need this guy playing again...so the fact that he'll be practicing soon is good news for the Knicks. We've needed some size up front even before trading Randolph.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
things are looking good for us loll

we'replaying good fun basketball we're winning games/being competitive....we have an outside shot at the playoffs...ohh and some guy named Walsh basically fixed our finiancial situation in one day...now this certain former coach and president is completly in the past....:gony:

BCKnicks

Rookie
Jeffries will help this team out a lot once he's back on the court. His offensive game is definitely lacking, but the reason that he made absolutely no difference under Isiah is that he was miscast as a perimeter player. He is a very good defender down low and will give us a ton more height and length on D (our last center was 6'9 maybe... ridiculous). And as long as he takes his points within the offense, he'll get some easy looks and won't be worthless on offense/

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Im pretty sure that one of them (jeffries or curry if not both)will be traded comes february and i dont mind cuz those are our only two 3years big contracts. Meanwhile when he comes back to play and if he will play hard defence, he dosen't have to score too much as we have enough options for that and besides the better he defence we have the less pressure for us to score.