Why are we so bad in the big moments?

Blumatic

Rotation player
I know we just got a trade and we gave a away our best players. But wow. We got spanked.

Last year we knew Boston was good, but we were horrible.

This year the Cavs spanked us.

I guess this loss is not a big deal but it just seems that we are never going to be ready for prime time.

Many on here hate crawford but he could of scored for us. Zach to all of our rebound moxy.

I just hope we can muster a win against the pistons. I can't wait to face the Cavs again.

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
I mean the cavs spanked us but I think they would've have beat us anyway even b4 the trades so I think we are not that bad since we were not that good to begin with. We had some nice schedule with some luck on the way, like playing some teams without their best players, and made some good trades that will help us have a better team in couple of years regardless of Lebron coming here or not. Next we play detroit, the team that beat the lakers (in their house) and also the cavs (in detroit) but also got torched by minnesotta(in detroit). So i think is about witch detroit team is gonna show up when we play them rather then having zach or crawford.

Last edited:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I mean the cavs spanked us but I think they would've have beat us anyway even b4 the trades so I think we are not that bad since we were not that good to begin with. We had some nice schedule with some luck on the way, like playing some teams without their best players, and made some good trades that will help us have a better team in couple of years regardless of Lebron coming here or not. Next we play detroit, the team that beat the lakers (in their house) and also the cavs (in detroit) but also got torched by minnesotta(in detroit). So i think is about witch detroit team is gonna show up when we play them rather then having zach or crawford.

co-sign:aplause:

that and which NY team will show up?

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I agree with that post, Blum, but people on here hate Crawford, with a passion. Zach isn't as hated, but he's not a favorite, on this site. With how selfishly he played last year, I can understand why. I like Crawford, he was my favorite player on the team, but he's a weak one-on-one defender and, because he doesn't play in a structured manner, is inconsistent.

Either way, both guys were playing well, so far, and our record was decent. I hate it that we gave up a chance to make the playoffs, just so that we can sign a big star in 2010. And, once we get that star, what are the chances we get a playoff spot, then?

What we really needed was to make a trade for a good center, or we could have drafted someone like Brook Lopez, and, like most good teams, through use of intelligent decisions, have built up our team. This would have only made us a team that could contend for a second round spot. If we had just kept our recently traded players, and not made any other moves, I think we could have gotten a 7th or 8th seed.

Right now, we're headed nowhere. Say what you want about Crawford and Randolph, but they were good scorers. Yesterday, we barely broke 80, which is scary, when you consider how bad of a defensive team the knicks are. And, if we're playing for 2010, and nothing else, expect another shit season, next year.

Last edited:

Kiyaman

Legend
Isiah put to many scorers on this team....with no defensive coaching staff or players.

Ha ha ha ha! we just became greatful that Walsh and Dantoni Tanked two seasons.

Donnie Walsh (2 year) long term plan is definately in affect after this 119-101 embarrassing loss in MSG to the Cavs.
Lebron did not bother to play in the 4th quarter....he was ready to leave MSG with all the other fans after the end of the 3rd qrt. 99-65 Cavs lead.

It looks like Knick-Fans could start their 2 year vacation of watching Knick B-Ball now.
Dantoni did not make a good impresion on Marbury & Curry like he did for Crawful & Zach....so the team is without focal scorers to take the pressure off of their young winning role players Nate, Chandler, Lee, and sometime Duhorn.

Mobley & Tim Thomas vs DNP Marbury & Curry
You call it......

How many seasons from now will it take for the Knicks to win 50 games out of the next 164 games (two seasons) is the Donnie Walsh and Dantoni question???
whistling.gif
whistling.gif
whistling.gif

Paul1355

All Star
Losing Zach just shut this team down on the boards and overall on our offense. When guys would go ice cold...Zach would be drilling shots and keeping the game going. When our team would watch the ball and not rebound, Zach would come up with a board.

He was moved at the wrong time.

He should have been moved before the season started so Harrington and Mobley could get to know the system.
OR He should have been traded by the trade deadline so we could have gotten something better than Tim "has been" Thomas and Cuttino "heart problems" Mobley.

i hope Mobley proves to be a decent SG and that Thomas doesnt stink and makes most of his 3 points shots that he chucks up every game.

They aren't 1/4 of Zach even if you combine those two guys.