Something Donnie 4Got to Tell Steph (Hear Me Out) ...

Scribbles

Rotation player
I know there's 563289562398 threads about Marbury already but I had to voice my opinion somewhere.

Stephon Marbury is entitled to his full 21.9 million dollars on his contract only if he plays or is cooperative with the Coach and the NYK organization.

He talks a lot about what if I promised you a $100 and I only give you back $90. But what he doesn't realize is regardless of the contract you signed, you have not earned a dime if you haven't contributed what was expected of you written on the contract.

Marbury has clearly voided his contract not just this season but prior seasons ago. So is he due the full amount if they try to buy him out? No.

Is it his fault? Partially. D'Antoni didn't bench him for no reason folks. He got benched because he lost faith and feuded with his own teammates. Mike didn't want a hostile team at season's start.

I mean, I personally love Marbury's game but basketball is a team sport. And if you can't play with your own teammates that to me tells me that you are uncooperative and thus voided your contract due to breach of terms. In that sense, he earned his benching.

Side note here, what's up with Marbury rocking the red and black Starbury shirt. Is he hinting at a possible Miami Heat stint?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I know there's 563289562398 threads about Marbury already but I had to voice my opinion somewhere.

Stephon Marbury is entitled to his full 21.9 million dollars on his contract only if he plays or is cooperative with the Coach and the NYK organization.

He talks a lot about what if I promised you a $100 and I only give you back $90. But what he doesn't realize is regardless of the contract you signed, you have not earned a dime if you haven't contributed what was expected of you written on the contract.

Marbury has clearly voided his contract not just this season but prior seasons ago. So is he due the full amount if they try to buy him out? No.

Is it his fault? Partially. D'Antoni didn't bench him for no reason folks. He got benched because he lost faith and feuded with his own teammates. Mike didn't want a hostile team at season's start.

I mean, I personally love Marbury's game but basketball is a team sport. And if you can't play with your own teammates that to me tells me that you are uncooperative and thus voided your contract due to breach of terms. In that sense, he earned his benching.

Side note here, what's up with Marbury rocking the red and black Starbury shirt. Is he hinting at a possible Miami Heat stint?

i like your point of view but Marbury would play if given the chance to not just being asked to play, D'Antoni is boss he should tell players i want you to play so you have to play not ask him if he would like to play.....and dont you think by what he did with the whole Marbury situation he created hostility?

...can we stop with all the Marbury threads loll....its getting old know...

richtree

Rotation player
Anybody ever think the reason the Knicks were losing was because the rest of the team are LOSERS

Q-Rich
Crawford
Jefferies
Nate
Curry
J. James
Stevie Francis
Zach

They are all losers ...never did anything in their NBA career...its easy to gang up on Steph as the scapegoat....

I think Steph wanted to win in New York and was angered that his teammates didn't have the same sense of pride to be a Knick

Alot of people on this board don't understand even if Steph isn't a Knick, he is a New York star forever....

if you are not from NYC you don't understand....

his dad , the Creator, is a legend....

Just like Smush Parker is a legend in the Village down at the Cage....

Steph can retire and live in New York and still be a legend ....

he wanted to play in New York, and win...

most of these other guys/ Crawford/Q/Nate/Curry don't understand what it takes to win., and it took a new coach to baby them into thinking they are better than they really are....

then come 2010 -- these "so called" Knicks will all be gone and forgotten about.....

My 2010 predictions

1. Knicks will get a big star (Lebron/Wade/Amare/Bosh)
2. Steph will be playin quality minutes in the league
3. Crawford will be on a losing team - and still won't lift any weights to be able to complete with real shooting guards
4. Q-Rich will be on a new team fighting with players in the locker room
5. Zach will be on a losing team still outta shape and not defending
6. Curry will be forgotten -- A backup on a team like the Bucks
7. Francis will be in front of a TV saying how he was better than Steph
8. Jefferies will be playing 10 mins or less a game
9. J. James will retire and do more of nothing after 2009 failed comeback
10. Nate will leave for a bigger contract (hope not)

Knicks will get a star player after 2 more losing seasons and Mikey D will forget about all the players on this years team....except DG....

I am a Marbury Fan that does realize he could have done some things differently to help his own cause but at the same time the Knicks organization could have done some things differently to help their cause as well....

2 wrongs do not make a right....both sides have hit rock bottom and there is not return....both sides have accepted that...

Why can't the Knicks cut him free ? they are holding it over is head again just like anything else that goes wrong...

the knicks are failing as an organization -- starting with Dolan -- and simply put once Steph's gone their is no one to blame...

metrocard

Legend
This is ludicris.

Marbury doesn't have to earn SHIT, when your guranteed MONEY, thats your money. Him earning it or not is all opinion.

richtree

Rotation player

He did no such thing...if he did you think the knicks would be paying him....

Just because you write something doesn't make it true....

this guy is wak

donchris

Next season, keep waiting

He did no such thing...if he did you think the knicks would be paying him....

Just because you write something doesn't make it true....

this guy is wak

That's not a buyout. You don't get the full amount in a buyout. It's a negotiation, a give and take. If you owe a guy 20 Million you try to pay him 15, he'll ask for 18 and you settle at 16.5 or 17 mill. The problem here, at least according to reports is no one is willing to compromise. It appears that Marbury is unwilling to compromise. That 'I'll take one mill less' shit is bullshit. That's typically not how it works to my knowledge. It appears that he never gave the negotiations a chance.

That being said, it is a guaranteed contract so legally Steph will get paid, unless the Knicks can prove that he breached is contract. That's something none of us should want. It will only be more of a circus. Best thing we can do is pray for a trade.

Marbury for Marion

This is ludicris.

Marbury doesn't have to earn SHIT, when your guranteed MONEY, thats your money. Him earning it or not is all opinion.

Do you have any morals at all?

If it was about him playing ball he'd settle for less $$$ wouldn't he? Its all about the $$$ and personal stats with Steph (NOT BASKETBALL OR WINNING)

Starbury should just go home and collect his $$$ and keep in shape for next year so he can go out and preform...... that is if he wants to prove everyone wrong about himself as a player and teamate?

Last edited:

richtree

Rotation player
That's not a buyout. You don't get the full amount in a buyout. It's a negotiation, a give and take. If you owe a guy 20 Million you try to pay him 15, he'll ask for 18 and you settle at 16.5 or 17 mill. The problem here, at least according to reports is no one is willing to compromise. It appears that Marbury is unwilling to compromise. That 'I'll take one mill less' shit is bullshit. That's typically not how it works to my knowledge. It appears that he never gave the negotiations a chance.

That being said, it is a guaranteed contract so legally Steph will get paid, unless the Knicks can prove that he breached is contract. That's something none of us should want. It will only be more of a circus. Best thing we can do is pray for a trade.

Marbury for Marion

This happens when a player wants out ...he settles for less to get what he wants.....when the organization wants the player out it is different....

one is it bs to want only 1 mil less....
if you got a better job and want to leave you would be more willing to accept less....

if you company wants you out ....but they owe you 20,thou nevermind mil., you would want ever penny before you leave

richtree

Rotation player
and for the marion deal...

marion make 3 mil less than marbury and there isn't any other player on the heat that is expiring....

so you would need a third team., plus you renting marion for the rest of the season because you aren't gonna give him a deal until after 2010 signings are done., and if you wanna pay the difference in the trade you would have been better just to buy steph out...

so explain how ?

This happens when a player wants out ...he settles for less to get what he wants.....when the organization wants the player out it is different....

if you company wants you out ....but they owe you 20,thou nevermind mil., you would want ever penny before you leave

So your saying Steph is OK or likes the current situation he's in with his employer ??? So we should pay this cat all "his chedder" so he can what.... go make some more money somewhere else to try and beat us ??? Dosen't really make sense to me ???

richtree

Rotation player
So your saying Steph is OK or likes the current situation he's in with his employer ??? So we should pay this cat all "his chedder" so he can what.... go make some more money somewhere else to try and beat us ??? Dosen't really make sense to me ???

Yeah, he was fine with it until they said "You can't play, or be here.."

Then the Knicks should make up there mind ...whatever it is...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
"Negotiations"

The Marbury "negotiations" have become "personal." "Reason" and good business sense alone will not resolve the standoff.

Marbury has a contract and has every right to the contract's full amount. Whether he "deserves" it is irrelevant. But the Knicks, though they have to pay him, do not have to play him.
It is perhaps in Marbury's long term business interest to make some monetary concessions.

When Marbury and Walsh met on Monday, Marbury was owed something like $18.3M on his contract for $21.9M. Walsh opened with $15M. Marbury took his $1M discount offer off the table and left. They were $2M apart. They are now $3M apart.

I said things were personal. Marbury has a right to be ticked and he is. I do not believe that Walsh or D'Antoni are emotionally invested in the outcome. But Dolan likely is and the money is his.

This has become a public relations mess for the Knicks. It makes business sense for the Knicks to resolve the matter without continuing to banish Steph even if it means payng his full contract. Move on.

Marbury once said that if he was released and got his full contract, he would give to charity whatever he receved from his next employer. I have a suggestion. The Knicks pay Marbury his full contract on the condition that he give perhaps up to $3M to a charity that both the Knicks and Marbury agree upon. Something like the American Cancer Society. The Knicks deduct whatever they pay him anyway. Steph gets a charitable deduction and a good charity gets a nice amount of money. Both the Knicks and Steph salvage something from this unseemly debacle.

moneyg

Starter
and for the marion deal...

marion make 3 mil less than marbury and there isn't any other player on the heat that is expiring....

so you would need a third team., plus you renting marion for the rest of the season because you aren't gonna give him a deal until after 2010 signings are done., and if you wanna pay the difference in the trade you would have been better just to buy steph out...

so explain how ?

salaries only have to match at 75% of the higher salary. they do not need a third team. also, the knocks could give cash consideration:smokin:

Toons

is the Bo$$
marbury needs to break a leg or something.....he needs a life ending injury
F*ck marbury, how the F*CK does a fan hope their "most talented"player goes to another team, to win a championship??? do you realize that the team he plays for will eventually play us, and if you are hoping he does well, will you hope he beats us as well? he should just disappea roff the face of the earth. crawford is gone, good, i hope he breaks his neck as well, and zach breaks an arm. KNICKS KNICKS KNICKS!

richtree

Rotation player
salaries only have to match at 75% of the higher salary. they do not need a third team. also, the knocks could give cash consideration:smokin:

yeah, I understand that. but then the heat are paying 3 million more dollars...

that they probably don't wanna shell out., unless its a sign and trade