Wilson Chandler Thread

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I have high hopes for Chandler...I can see him being a Richard Jefferson type/caliber player. His offense is still raw from the perimeter but he is very young. I think he needs to work on his jump shot and shot selection and continue to develop.

What are your thoughts on Chandler? Where do you see him in terms of stats 2-3 years from now?

knicklover

Benchwarmer
I see him almost the exact same way.

When I was watching him early in the season I also thought of Richard Jefferson because of his athleticism.

He has to work on his handle, shotrmaking, and shot selection.

I think the issue is that he's too small to defend on some of the bigger PFs, but doesn't have a good enough handle or outside shot to be a top notch SF yet. He's kind of an in between player. He's young and very inexperienced though. So I'm hopeful that he'll improve. I see him as one of our key players in 2010 (at least I hope)

JRG3

Benchwarmer
I See Him adding some wait and being a Shawn marion Type PF. At least thats what i want him to become. I think if he added 10 pounds he could defend bigger PF's better. He Already can shoot dunk and run the Floor as well as Block some shots. He just has to take his Abilitys and get better at them

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Ill be happy if he becomes similar to Linas Kleiza from Denver, a smart hustle guy with good shooting and strength, capable of starting at SF for most teams but doesnt mind backing up a star SF and playing some time at smallball PF

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
It's sad that this topic only has three posts. This is the type of topic Knicks fans should embrace. I have high hopes for Chandler. He's the brightest star on the team. I think he's more of a defense guy right now, but as we all can see, he can turn on the offense when he wants to. This is his time. He needs to be as consistent has possible on the offensive end. Work to have an all around solid offensive game. I think he can be a Ron Artest like player without the mental issues. But the great thing about Chandler's game is it's diverse. If the team changes it's focus in a year (or two) Chanlder can be a third or fourth option, maybe even a sixth man if we get as stacked with talent as I think we will.

I'll be interested to see how Jeffries pans out after a few games. How's Gallinari's back?

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Ron Artest (of Pacers period) without mental issues would be a top 3 SF in the league, below lebron and maybe paul pierce, thats asking too much from Chandler imo
But if he becomes good enough to be 6th man behind Lebron, ill be more than happy

I love Chandler. He hustles out there. I dont see the knicks trading this guy away. He can shoot, make plays at the basket and plays hard D. I want him to turn into a Larry Johnson type guy (thats who he reminds me of). The piece on him in the pre game show was good to watch. I like how he said he works on all aspects of his game all the time and that you can never stop getting better. Thats a good attitude.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Chandler

Chandler is definitely a keeper. His jump shot -- even from three point range -- is getting better. He hustles and plays good defense.

From time to time, his passing is careless and he needs to improve his handle and taking it to the hole. He relies too much on his spin move and defenders are taking charges.

He works hard and apparently has a great attitude toward work and with his teammates. He is going to be very good.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
once this gu solidifies his jumpshot and gains more experience he's gonna be a sick player, i see him being a Pippen kinda player, there games are similar but he's better fit for the 2nd option role but he could lead a team, its only a matter of time till this dude is clicking he'll be a tough matchup

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Chandler was terrible last night. Another dismal shooting night 2-13, 5 turnovers, and some really bad mistakes at the end of the game.

What's the consensus?

Is he tired from all the minutes?

Are teams adjusting to him defensively now that they know his moves and strengths?

Is it a mental thing?

Did we overrate him based on such a limited number of games in pre season and early this year?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Chandler was terrible last night. Another dismal shooting night 2-13, 5 turnovers, and some really bad mistakes at the end of the game.

What's the consensus?

Is he tired from all the minutes?

Are teams adjusting to him defensively now that they know his moves and strengths?

Is it a mental thing?

Did we overrate him based on such a limited number of games in pre season and early this year?

He is only 21. He will get better technically. His athleticism can not be thought but he can certainly perfect his jumpshot and shot selection as he gains experience.

I'll bet $100 dollars that a member of Team Jockbury is responsible for putting the trash can rating on my thread.Haterz make me want to... :barf:

richtree

Rotation player
He Can't Create For Him Self...he Is Too Small Too Guard Good Pf's In The League..

He Doesn't Create For Others....

He Is Good For This Style If There Is Another Legit Big On The Team...

I Personally Think He Is More Equip To Play The 3 Spot Since He Cant Defend The 4's.....

And He Loves The Baseline Jumper.....

He Is A Tweener 3-4 He Will Be A Good Player But Never A Top Player...

A Great Player To Have On Ur Team....

He Will Hustle And Brings Energy ....

Needs To Develop A Shot/midrange Game To Avoid Offensive Fouls

Will Will Get Better ....

Great 3rd Option To Build On....

Best Case - R.lewis (orl)
Worse Case - Morris Peterson

..tree

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I'll bet $100 dollars that a member of Team Jockbury is responsible for putting the trash can rating on my thread.Haterz make me want to... :barf:

trash can gets there if someone deletes his post. its not a rating.

dont really understand the purpose of that sign though. Maybe it's there to show that thread got more attention than post number shows; or that the thread makes people change their minds and delete old posts lol

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
Chandler Right Now Reminds Me Of D-miles With More Range. He Can Defend But Needs To Work On Overall Game For Me To Consider Him "part Of The Future" He In My Opinion Would Have Been Better To Trade For A Up Coming Talent And We Should Have Kept Taz (balkman) If We Need A Defender/ Hustle Player

datruth

Your Best Bet is B Ez
Best Case - R.lewis (orl)
Worse Case - Morris Peterson

idk about those comparison, chandler is not a shooter like either of those players, he may be shard without the range of his, i see chandler more as a caron butler, where as butler can get u the steals and wilson gets u da blocks

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
idk about those comparison, chandler is not a shooter like either of those players, he may be shard without the range of his, i see chandler more as a caron butler, where as butler can get u the steals and wilson gets u da blocks

yea thats a good comparison it fits....also he's a Pippen kind of player, Lewis isn't a good comparison

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud

agreed, i dont think chandler will ever develop a killer shot like lewis, but if he can develop a consistent one i could see him putting up the 20-22 pts that butler consistenly puts up.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
he better develops consistent lockdown defense and hustle, thats a priority both till 2010 and after. ill be fine with 12-15 ppg he usually puts up

Paul1355

All Star
He has had his struggles and has shot poorly in many games but he is coming around. I expected a stronger impact from him and to be more consistent but he is young and learning on a team that isnt a championship contender.

He has had games were he does great but he has to be more consistent.

He should start over Q Rich anyday.