Taz has been unleashed drops 17 on SAC

metrocard

Legend
ab6f6acb0e7a51bf0ece52345704b800-getty-82994469rw011_nuggets_kings.jpg

56d4ca7c964fc97cbe3db9defd06e279-getty-82994469rw005_nuggets_kings.jpg

27d4fed17a02bf044dd10eb6e909d69d-getty-82994469rw012_nuggets_kings.jpg

I told you guys it wasn't a great move.
We lack a bench...Taz would of been perfect for us in this up tempo system.

Now Taz can be apart of one of the best team in the NBA, the hot Nuggets with new leader Chauncey Billups.

Billups
Jones
Anthony
Martin
Nene

6th men
Taz
Jr Smith
Kleiza

= elite squad.

I'm with Kiyaman till I die on this...Taz is the truth, always been and always will be.

knicklover

Benchwarmer
Balkman is underrated, but I don't think D'Antoni likes guys without an outside shot. The one exception seems to be Jeffries, but I guess he likes Jeffries better because he intends to use him at the 5. Balkman is a SF. I think we got a trade exception in that deal. So maybe we can use it to get a decent SG or backup PG once a roster spot opens up. Other than that, the trade wasn't one of Walsh's best moments.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
He scored 17 points against a team the Nuggets beat by 33 points. Earth shattering. Talk to me when he does well against a good team.

Toons

is the Bo$$
i was gonna make mention of balkmans performance, but its not worthy of note. Crawford is more consistent than balkman, that alone speaks volumes. Balkman has many great characteristics, thats why he is in the NBA, so to say he sucks would not give his game any justice. He is A DEFENDER, so looking for offensive production would be a constant dissapointment to anyone searching. But the reason i didnt like him was because he was complaining about playing time, and he doesnt even have the stripes to do so. Balkman is a glue kinda guy, thats just what he does. What also turned me off from him was his overrated defense. He did not hustle as much as he did the previous season; i watched him, he has a low bball IQ, and isnt good, he maked horrible decisions, and his free throw shooting is atrocious. I expect a few good games out of balkman, but nothing to regret. Who knows, PEJ might be better than balkman when we get that roster spot from cuttino.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Why are you guys tryna steal Balkman's shine? Just let it be. If he scored 17 points, then give him credit. Donnie Walsh made a mistake by trading Balkman for a worthless second round pick. He should have just waived Eddy Curry or Jerome James and gave him a roster spot. It's funny how people always say, "if we get rid of Curry and James, we'll lose a lot of money." Well if you keep them, you'll lose a roster spot and you'll lose games. You dig? :pimp:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Why are you guys tryna steal Balkman's shine? Just let it be. If he scored 17 points, then give him credit. Donnie Walsh made a mistake by trading Balkman for a worthless second round pick. He should have just waived Eddy Curry or Jerome James and gave him a roster spot. It's funny how people always say, "if we get rid of Curry and James, we'll lose a lot of money." Well if you keep them, you'll lose a roster spot and you'll lose games. You dig? :pimp:

well said co-sign :aplause:

and on top of that they dont play anyways so they're useless bench space...

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
if balkman cud develop a lil beta jum shot ( i kno it'll prob neva be great but jst good enough) i cud see him as like a trevor ariza.

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
nah he gets props though i mean he aint much of a scorer so him dropping more then 15 is deff a good thing for him i always did like the dudes hustle and last year he was the only one that actually got the crowd hyped with a dunk not just a 3 pointer

New New York

Quiet Storm
Balkman is underrated, but I don't think D'Antoni likes guys without an outside shot. The one exception seems to be Jeffries, but I guess he likes Jeffries better because he intends to use him at the 5. Balkman is a SF. I think we got a trade exception in that deal. So maybe we can use it to get a decent SG or backup PG once a roster spot opens up. Other than that, the trade wasn't one of Walsh's best moments.

I dont think it's that Dantoni didnt like Balkman, but, I think he didnt see the point of having him along with Jefferies. Because from what I have seen out of JJ he is going to be used like Balkman was. And like you said it's Jefferies being able to slide to the 5 spot whereas Balk was stuck between 3 and 4. Balkman ofcourse played with a lot more passion which is invaluable, I mean could you imagine Balkman running the floor in Dantoni's system, and the cat can handle the rock!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
5 star thread....if i knew who the maggot was that gave this 1 star, i would give then some bad rep :mad:

Balkman is very active from the first second he steps on the court. It doesnt take long for him to make an impact, he would be real nice on our team right now. Hes the type of player that could help us get extra fast break opportunities, and hes good at finishing fast breaks whether it be a layup or going high above the rim.

Toons

is the Bo$$
balkman was cut so chandler could shine. we had too much fowards. getting rid of 2 centers would not be smart. im amazed that you call yourselves elite posters.....sad

and we drafted gallo....if he wasnt injured, he would be playin sf as well

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
balkman was cut so chandler could shine. we had too much fowards. getting rid of 2 centers would not be smart. im amazed that you call yourselves elite posters.....sad

and we drafted gallo....if he wasnt injured, he would be playin sf as well
The Knicks have too many forwards, because Donnie Walsh drafted Gallinari, and he just traded Aaron Crawford for Albert Harrington. You're right. Getting rid of 2 centers isn't smart, when they're producing. But Is Curry or James producing? No, so why keep them? They're a waste of space. And although I'm a fan of Marbury, he's wasting space too. It's not his fault, but it's the truth. Walsh needs to pay him and let him go to a contender. It's not like the Knicks are using him.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
The Knicks have too many forwards, because Donnie Walsh drafted Gallinari, and he just traded Aaron Crawford for Albert Harrington. You're right. Getting rid of 2 centers isn't smart, when they're producing. But Is Curry or James producing? No, so why keep them? They're a waste of space. And although I'm a fan of Marbury, he's wasting space too. It's not his fault, but it's the truth. Walsh needs to pay him and let him go to a contender. It's not like the Knicks are using him.

gotta agree with abcd, but i wudnt waive curry and james. id keep curry nd get rid of james

stevie

Benchwarmer
He scored 17 whoptey damn doo. I think allan Houston could score 17 on Sac. He is a 3 or undersized 4. where would you like to play him? Ahead of Chandler, Gallo, Jefferies, Qrich, Ewing JR. (when we res sign him) I liked him alot, but he wasn't in the plans.

Sorry but there is no room for him.

Toons

is the Bo$$

Mr. Elite, you speak of "getting rid" of players like it is that easy, and you call a gm stupid because he cant find an ass retarded enough to take on curry and james. If u were walsh, if sure u would have many packages, but given the knicks track record, you will have NO takers. Donnie tried shopping around everyone on the team besides chandler and gallo. Ill post sources later, im getting ready for work now. Lee is playing well....maybe his value is going up for a curry/lee package. ABCD, you have to realize curry and james, and marbury differ. Marbury has a playing time problem, not a talent problem. James and curry both have PT problems, Health problems, weight problems and talent problems. They are pretty much IMPOSSIBLE to trade.

Blas

Benchwarmer
You are wrong Toons. I have done it multiple times. On NBA2k8 whenever I start a new association I am able to trade Curry and James away to a team below the cap for a 1st rounder easily. I even traded Curry for Biendris! Why can't Walsh do that?!?

On a serious note, I have a feeling that we will be trading Lee. I think Walsh believes he will ask for more money then we can handle (I also, think Lee will) and while his value is high he will package him with some of our trash.