Stackhouse to knicks?

WiL8000

Rotation player
This wouldn't be bad...Stackhouse only has one more year than Rose's at 7mil which would still come off the books in time for the 2010 free agent market. It's better than having Malik Rose around the rest of this season and is as good a deal you can get straight up for him without him being dealt in a package.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
lol that would be a good deal, i can see why the mavs would do it, to get an expiring contract

1. we could get rid of malik!!!!!
2. doesnt interfere with our 2010 plan
3. brings a sorta washed up, but still nice player (better than rose by a mile still)

only thing if we got him, our SF position would be crowded even more. dont wnt chandler to lose any valuble minutes that he could use to get better.

but overall i like the deal

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i like this deal i would do it cause Stackhouse would actually play and contribute but i want Walsh's plans to be getting gaurd help and a defensive big-man....i wouldnt mind giving Hibbert a shot.....or Williams.....somebody....i just want a big man and trade for Rodriguez or Douby(brooklyn baby!)

KBlack25

Starter
I think Stack could still contribute for this team in the short term. Plus he expires by 2010, no harm no foul and it probably makes the team better in 2009-2010.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Stackhouse is getting old. He is old! Born in 74. He's still a solid role player, and I guess it's better then having Rose rot on the bench. But I rate this as a much to do about nothing trade. It wont change much.

jpz17

Starter
I gotta disagree don, we have a decent team.. missing a player like Mobley though.. but, cosign with EVERYONE HERE.. ROSE SUCKS

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
i wonder if he'd be very happy here, he started talking about a trade because he wants good minutes on a good team

but as long as he doesnt mess up locker room, i like the deal, experience, defence, 20-25 minutes at SG
I really wish Mobley could play though

New New York

Quiet Storm
This is only a deal I would make at the trade deadline and only if all other possible deals for Malik fall through. There are going to be teams trying to shave cap to go after AI,Artest etc. this offseason so Malik's contract will be an valuable chip, so I would hate to give it up just to get Stackhouse. Plus I think Stackhouse would be too much of a ball hog even in this offense.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I do not like Stackhouse. This guy has made some real bonehead plays during his career even as a vet. I remember when he tried to teacup his 2nd freethrow by just throwing it on the backboard, and the refs called him on it. The guy didn't you aren't allowed to do that!?! It's like Dummy McPuke didn't know you couldn't tie in football.

I also remember in the series against the spurs where he just needed 2 points to tie and he was open on the wing, instead of taking the shot he dribbles all the way to the 3 line and tries to take the shot to win only to get blocked by Manu. Spurs win Mavs lost.

Plenty of more bonehead plays, including multiple missed dunks when he is by himself on a fast break.

Besides my extreme bias against him, this trade really does nothing for us. He could play the 2, but that could slow us down a bit. We really need some kind of big man or a guard until. Stack doesn't really add much more depth to a position we are already fine on.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Do it. If Mobley's on the way to retiring, then it can't hurt. He might learn Chandler on how to shoot the ****in' ball.

It'd be nice to send Curry as well for a big that can actually move.

We need a big more than another 2 guard or a 3.

Nonetheless, it's a no brainer.

I wonder what the Mavs' ultimate goal is with this one? No shortage of cash over there.

Rose sucks.

richtree

Rotation player
I am huge UNC fan, and huge NBA fan.....

I watch Stackhouse and the Mavs everytime they are playing and the Knicks aren't....

He simply can't do it anymore......

Not sure if alot has to do with his injurys.....

but he simply hasn't played one good game this year..

and

he hasn't should any flashes of his athelticism or dependability

stay away ....(at least until he proves otherwise)

richtree

Rotation player
Jerry Stackhouse (right heel) is wearing a protective boot on his right foot. There is no timetable for his return.

Stack has been out since November 14th. He has also requested to be traded, so don't expect to see him in a Mavs jersey any time soon.
Source: Fort Worth Star-Telegram

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Stackhouse is washed up. We need someone that can help Duhon. He's our only PG right now. Sergio Rodriguez makes sense, or Fred Jones.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Stackhouse

Stackhouse is more small forward than shooting guard and his contract for next year is $7.25M. He is certainly not part of the future. Why would the Knicks pay an extra $7.25M in next year's salary base and continue to try to save two or three million by refusing to waive the "one who must not be named?" There is an answer, but I do not believe the Knicks want to "prove" by taking on Stackhouse's salary that they are punishing the "one who must not be named." In any event, Stackhouse is currently injured and Nate will be back soon.

When the "one who must not be named" and Mobley issues are resolved, perhaps the Knicks can pick up a guard who actually may have a future.

nyk_nyk

All Star
This is only a deal I would make at the trade deadline and only if all other possible deals for Malik fall through. There are going to be teams trying to shave cap to go after AI,Artest etc. this offseason so Malik's contract will be an valuable chip, so I would hate to give it up just to get Stackhouse. Plus I think Stackhouse would be too much of a ball hog even in this offense.
Great comment. All true except for Stackhouse taking too many shots. I just don't think that would happen.

Agree with you to wait untl trade deadline and deal with teams that become desperate for cap space. Could probably trade Rose for a younger sg or C at that point.

NicksKnicks

Rotation player
i like stackhouse. Hes athletic and a solid scorer. i also like the sound of getting rid of rose! but my only problem is that hes old!!! we need some up coming youth. Can the knicks possibly get jerryd bayless? hes playing zero minutes and i think hed fit in well in Mikes system

check back a few months, this is another thing i "called" and got completely looked over

but eh, either way, stack in a knicks uniform with the coach we have would make me happy

Paul1355

All Star
We all like this deal but Malik Rose is a D- power forward while stackhouse is a decent back up SG....this is not an even deal.