Curry coming back soon.

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...patrick_ewing_jr_takes_minor_road_back_t.html

"CENTER STAGE: Eddy Curry revealed Tuesday that he is still several weeks away from returning from a bruised right knee. Curry is scheduled to receive another injection on Friday and is hopeful that he will be cleared to play before Jan. 1. "

well now Curry's coming back. I hope D'antoni can do to him what he did to Randolph. Even though i doubt it.

Also it says Mobley is most likely going to retire within the next two days, making room for Ewing Jr. I like him but i don't think it's the right time to get him we need gaurds not small forwards. Well we'll see what happens soon. I'm really hoping for the best

what you guys think about curry coming back?
where in the rotation, will he get traded soon?(i hope so), or will he become a good player?(lmao i wish) etc..

Last edited:

JayJ44

Starter
I could care less about Curry, to be honest. But if we wanna trade him, which we do, he's gonna have to play and do pretty well. So the sooner he gets back and gets some minutes, the sooner we can trade him. Plus, we could definitely use some size and easy scoring in the paint. I hope he can get into good shape.

I wish we had some news on Gallo. How's his back doing? When is he expected to play again?

New New York

Quiet Storm
We going to The Finals Son!

First the return of Jared Jefferies, now Curry, I cant wait until Jerome James returns from whatever injury he's suffering from now so we can run the East!

Naw just playin, I even made a thread stating how he could be used in some situations. I mean imagine if we were able to get him matched up on the block agains Derick Rose all those times last night! Q-Rich has shown us there is room for one on one low post play in this offense, so hey, lets see how it works! I mean can our interior D get any worst!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if he indeed does play for us i hope he plays decent so we could trade him and hopefully without having to throw in Lee......maybe package Curry and Roberson for a decent young big man or so...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I never understood what's the deal with Curry. He doesnt look like a total stiff on the court, he can jump a little, he got some flashy offensive rebounds+dunks over the years, and with the ball in his hands he doesnt look slower or weaker than average nba starting center
so i guess it's mostly a mental and effort thing

sure, he suks against double teams and cant pass out, but so does Erik Dampier, and he's been a decent center on a good team for years, scoring on offensive rebounds. And Rick Mahorn of the Bad Boys had bigger butt than Curry's, but still was a great defender.

maybe we could try using him as Dampier, without running plays for him, forcing him to get rebounds to score.
There was a David Thorpe chat on espn few weeks ago, where he wrote about exercises to develop effort and motor. we should get Curry to Thorpe's camp somehow lol

rick700

Rookie
the Key to curry coming back is his weight. If he can lose20 pounds he can be a contributor. But in preseason he was huge and could not get up and down in half court offense, nevermind dantoni's style of ball. The problem i dont think he cares.

jimkcchief88

All Star
I hope E-city makes it back as soon as possible!!! Go ahead and talk shit if you want but when a donut like Drew Gooden erupts like he did last night, your team needs a real center. Like E-city or night, he is as close as we have to a post presence as Lee and now Jeffries are powerfowards who don't play well with thier backs to the goal. Hurry back E-city, our undermanned squad needs a man in the middle!!!

jimkcchief88

All Star
I hope E-city makes it back as soon as possible!!! Go ahead and talk shit if you want but when a donut like Drew Gooden erupts like he did last night, your team needs a real center. Like E-city or not, he is as close as we have to a post presence as Lee and now Jeffries are powerfowards who don't play well with thier backs to the goal. Hurry back E-city, our undermanned squad needs a man in the middle!!!

D-Lee42fan

Benchwarmer
Curry is useless, especially in D'antoni's system, this 7 to 8 man rotation works well, yeah the players get tired and we will lose games because of that, but we dont need curry messing things up. i suggest trying to trade him and get some guards, we need to have more depth in the back court.

jimkcchief88

All Star
While everybody is jumping all over E-City, what's up with our first round draft pick??? You know the 19 year old Italian "phenom" with back problems??? Augustine dropped 29 last night, we are hurting for guards, and our first rounder has played 2 minutes this season. What a waste. At least E-city has done something in a Knicks uni and I am hoping he will still be able to contribute this season.

GetRealistic

Starter
Those are two more minutes then "E-City" has played this year. Gallinari has a legit injury while Eddy Curry decided to show up to training camp out of shape which led to him hurting his knee. Not to mention when he played in the pre season he was getting manhandled and swatted by guys have his size.

Even if the 19 year-old Gallinari misses the entire season it doesn't really matter. He'll come back next season as a 20 year-old who has atleast experienced life in the NBA.

After seeing Duhon, Lee, Jefferies, and even Q-Rich improve under D'Antoni i have no doubt D'Antoni will be about to take a 6-10 ball handler into a good player. Maybe not a great player but a good player.

Also even if he was completely healthy he is still 19 so you couldn't really expect much from him this season. Only a few players come to the league that young and become impact players. This season was going to be a learning experience for him even if he was healthy.

And there are plenty of point guards in this years draft that can easily be as good if not better then D.J. Augustine. Also i believe Duhon has played to the point you may have to start throwing his name into the conversation about being on the 2010 roster.

To sum it up Curry has the body and skill set to be a 18 and 10 guy but he simply chooses not to be. So thats why people can't respect him. Maybe since he's a Chicago guy and your from Chicago you give him the benefit of the doubt but the reality is he is simply a waste of his god given ability right now.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
...yea what is the news on Gallo is he gonna play again this year? last i heard he was gonna miss 2 months...

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
While everybody is jumping all over E-City, what's up with our first round draft pick??? You know the 19 year old Italian "phenom" with back problems??? Augustine dropped 29 last night, we are hurting for guards, and our first rounder has played 2 minutes this season. What a waste. At least E-city has done something in a Knicks uni and I am hoping he will still be able to contribute this season.

lol there's a certain 19 year old phenom in Portland who didnt play a minute in his first season last year, and almost seemed to miss this one too.
Lets relax about it, we arent the unluckiest team in the world when it comes to health of draft picks

I think he'll be fine, and he'll be pretty good

portega1968

El Cacique
I just hope that when that fat fuccck comes back and sits at the end of the bench, he doesnt seesaw everyone into the upper deck.

He may be useful for 3 minute spurts at the end of a quarter to space our 3point shooters, but I dont think he'll ever start again for NYK... chances are, he'll be shipped by midFeb2009.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I just hope that when that fat fuccck comes back and sits at the end of the bench, he doesnt seesaw everyone into the upper deck.

lmao the Knicks Trampoline :)
I hope they back filled the marbury foxhole under that end of the bench, or else when Curry sits there, those other guys may go through the roof!

never underestimate a big butt

portega1968

El Cacique
lmao the Knicks Trampoline :)
I hope they back filled the marbury foxhole under that end of the bench, or else when Curry sits there, those other guys may go through the roof!

never underestimate a big butt

lol the foxhole!!!

I heard the exercise balls are boycotting the Knicks if he's allowed back in the gym

paris401

Starter
curry was actived for last nites game... he looks a bit slimmer too

wide-load.jpg

Attachments

• wide-load.jpg
    wide-load.jpg
    29.4 KB · Views: 9