Memphis is a tough team

WiL8000

Rotation player
These guys have produced thier best season yet. Gasol is playing his best ball, Williams seems to be maturing into a good point guard. I think the Knicks will still be without Houston, Penny, and TThomas, for this one.

Once again our big men need to step it up a notch. Let D.Johnson play, I liked what I saw in last nights game, and I wanna see more, this kid can play. Marbury needs to score big in this one. He can definately take Williams off his game, take advantage, and score more points than he has been.

After the way Dikembe was playing before he was put on the IR, I never thought I would look foward to his return, but we need him, big time for the playoffs. We need him now is more like it.

Oh, and Shandon Anderson was pitiful last night.

kevin

Benchwarmer
Memphis is a huge game for the knicks, I have heard Penny will be able to play tonight, Houston is uncertain and TT will definitly not play tonight. Demarr should definitly get some minutes since Mike Miller would most likely be gaurding him and Demarr's quickness will over match Millers. The Grizz just came off the impressive win over Indiana so the Knicks will really need to be on their game tonight. The knicks also need to play good D against the Grizz, there a pretty good shooting team and scored 99 points against one of the best defensive teams in the league. The starting line-up should be

1. Marbury
2. Houston if healthy Demarr (anderson shouldn't play)
3. Penny
4. Kurt
5 Naz

Sweetney better play a lot tonight.

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Sweetney definately needs a lot of minutes. Hopefully Nazr can step up again with another double double.

This is a home game so they Knicks needs to come out fired up against Memphis. It is definately a winnable game.

jayp

Benchwarmer
MEM will test our all-around defense.. they have big guys that can play the post, they have perimeter shooters, they have outside shooters as well as slashers.. this is a good game to test our defensive intensity..

allan20

Benchwarmer
In december we obtained a very nice win thanks to frank williams, but he will probably not even play tonight.
if we play the same d-fense like we did against the nets and atlanta, then i just don't see how can we lose it

WiL8000

Rotation player
This game is winnable, but not to be underestimated. Memphis helped out by beating the Raptors last night. We have to be able to guard the low post, thats what Toronto couldn't do. Kurt Thomas and Vin Baker need to play well tonight. Marbury is due for a high scoring, high assists game, Memphis is the perfect team for him to light up.

aswitzer

Rookie
For a western conf team, the Grizzlies can be pretty physical. If you can match that - and I know the Knicks can, and knock them around a little bit, they can be beat.

Good luck, as I'm tired of seeing our rivals win. We Nuggets fans promise to root for the Knicks tonight!

aaron

Rookie
this is going to be a tough game for the knicks. Baker needs to step it up a notch in order for the knicks to win. I think that the key to this game for the knicks is for their bench to score at least a third of the knicks overall points. This should take some of the pressure off of Marbury and Thomas and hopefully free them up for easier scoring opportunities. However, I think that in the end memphis is going to be too much for the injury prone knick team and will win in a relatively close game.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
oh.. this is exactly what we didn't need at this point, another loss with memphis at MSG, and what really sucks, is miami winning another game, getting closer and closer to .500

Recap
NY Knicks 97 - Memphis Griezzlies 111

Boxscore:
[web:40b61c045d]http://scores.nba.com/games/20040324/MEMNYK/boxscore.html[/web:40b61c045d]

jayp

Benchwarmer
we haven't been executing our offense very well.. next to Steph's 10asst are Moochie's 2.. we only had 15 assts compared to 25 MEM asst.. again, turnovers cost us the game..