The Last Thing I'll Ever Say About It

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
From ESPN's Weekend Dimer:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-081213-14

We are obligated to pass along this info that came across our desk at a time when teams out there are deciding whether they should gamble on signing Stephon Marbury ? assuming that Marbury's divorce from the Knicks still happens at some point this season.

Scoring Big, Losing Bigger
15,000 Points, Lowest Win Percentage
Name Points Record Win %
1. Shareef Abdur-Rahim 15,028 (275-555) .331
2. Reggie Theus 19,015 (407-619) .397
3. Randy Smith 16,262 (406-570) .416
4. Walt Bellamy 20,941 (440-603) .422
5. Stephon Marbury 16,209 (360-463) .437

Adding Marbury even at a minimum cost, in case you're wondering, would mean signing the guy with the fifth-lowest winning percentage of the 109 players in league history to score at least 15,000 points in the NBA.
:aplause:

Too funny.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
whats even funnier is that Theus, 2nd guy on the list, was considered a great coaching prospect not so long ago

guys with so much scoring and yet so much losing either get their hearts broken at some point or dont have them to begin with. how could they possibly coach and motivate young guys to win

Last edited:

Kennedy Curse

Cutest Guy Here
wow did not even know this...found one thing interesting though Stephon is getting paid this year more then the legend him self Clyde ever did in his career playing basketball...

Toons

is the Bo$$
i think the more talented loser is the bigger loser....it only makes sense
he has more to lose

KBlack25

Starter
I can hear metrotard now: "But...But...But, he never had the talent around him stop making fun of Steph! WAHHH! You guys are mean!"

At some point you have to look and see perhaps the PLAYER not EVERYONE ELSE is the problem. He's a PG, he's supposed to lead his team, and as a career PG he is responsible for his losing ways wherever he's been. What I want out of a PG, what I want out of a "leader" is the ability to will a team to win. Pump Marbury's stats all you want but the fact is there's a guy in G-State named Corey Maggette who puts his head down, does not play good bball and just gets his own stats to the point where KG commented to him after a game "Way to get your stats". Individual player stats are not the most relevant factor, a guy who puts his head down and drives to the basket every play will score between 20 and 30 points per game, just because he gets a lot of chances. That DOES NOT MEAN he fits into team-play basketball, which is what D'Antoni wants.

metro is like that britney spears dude, should post a youtube video

"leavvveee stephonnnn alloonnnneee" haha

nah im playin metro, I dont wanna stir up the bees nest on that one,

on the real this debate is nonsensical at best, kind of why this site has decreased in quality over the past few weeks to maybe months. Even after marbury is no longer a part of the team, we are still wasting valuable time speaking of him.

dude isnt that important.

lets get some thought provoking threads rolling

like who do you think deserve most improved player this year more

duhon, chandler , or lee (lees numbers are going to continue to rise as this season goes on) chandler and du speak for themselves.

props to mike D every player is having a career year thus far

AL H
LEE RE:
NATE THE GREAT
Will the THRILL
Chris DUitall
Jefferies will have career numbers by season end
Roberson will have career numbers by season end
Q rich is and will continue having his best season as a knick

so who do we think will win most improved player, if not for the league, then for the knicks

metro is like that britney spears dude, should post a youtube video

"leavvveee stephonnnn alloonnnneee" haha

nah im playin metro, I dont wanna stir up the bees nest on that one,

on the real this debate is nonsensical at best, kind of why this site has decreased in quality over the past few weeks to maybe months. Even after marbury is no longer a part of the team, we are still wasting valuable time speaking of him.

dude isnt that important.

lets get some thought provoking threads rolling

like who do you think deserve most improved player this year more

duhon, chandler , or lee (lees numbers are going to continue to rise as this season goes on) chandler and du speak for themselves.

props to mike D every player is having a career year thus far

AL H
LEE RE:
NATE THE GREAT
Will the THRILL
Chris DUitall
Jefferies will have career numbers by season end
Roberson will have career numbers by season end
Q rich is and will continue having his best season as a knick

so who do we think will win most improved player, if not for the league, then for the knicks

To answer your question, it would have to be Duhon, I mean who knew? We all all ready knew what Nate and Lee could do with proper playing time and Jeffries is a role player and nothing more, Q-Rich is still to slow and his shooting % have to improve, and as for Roberson, of course he'll have his best stats as a pro..... he's a rookie :)

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Another weak attempt to try and bring Marbury down. I'm not even going to say anything. When Marbury goes to a contender and wins a championship, it'll speak for itself. All Marbury has to do is go to the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, Spurs, or Magic, and he'll have a legitimate shot at the championship.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
Another weak attempt to try and bring Marbury down. I'm not even going to say anything. When Marbury goes to a contender and wins a championship, it'll speak for itself. All Marbury has to do is go to the Celtics, Lakers, Heat, Spurs, or Magic, and he'll have a legitimate shot at the championship.
But he won't have anything to do with said championship.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
But he won't have anything to do with said championship.
It doesn't matter. If Marbury can get a ring, it will solidify his career. He already has the numbers and the All Star appearances. A ring will force people to consider him one of the best. I'm not talking about in NBA history, but one of the best point guards from now.

To answer your question, it would have to be Duhon, I mean who knew? We all all ready knew what Nate and Lee could do with proper playing time and Jeffries is a role player and nothing more, Q-Rich is still to slow and his shooting % have to improve, and as for Roberson, of course he'll have his best stats as a pro..... he's a rookie :)

Roberson is in this 3rd season.

metrocard

Legend
The threadowner owned himself.

Why would you rank Marbury with some amazing consistant and extremely talented players of their position.

Walt Bellamy was a 20 and 13 guy, Theus was a 6"7 PG who could give you 20 and 9, Marbury is well known for his ability to provide 20 and 8 efficiency.

All these guys produce, at an elite level.

Not everyone in sports wins.
Its simple.

It doesn't make any of those guys BAD players or players who should be disregarded.

It only seems that those who don't understand simple things like that and lack experience in understanding sports always fail to give a clear opinionated analyst of things like the Marbury situation(which they failed so many times, this thread is probably another "comeback" but proves to backfire into another defeat".

Marbury never been a guy who can carry a whole team on his back like Tim Duncan, but how many Tim Duncan's are out there?

None.
People need to start hating and start analyzing without bias.
Marbury has been an all star caliber player for most of his career with the unfortunate crisis of having over a dozen different head coaches in his career, playing in a variety of systems and having organizations that Marbury and the organization themselves never had a dedicated relationship.

Shit happends.
Stop sucking Steph.
Thanks.

SpursFan4Life

Benchwarmer
It doesn't matter. If Marbury can get a ring, it will solidify his career. He already has the numbers and the All Star appearances. A ring will force people to consider him one of the best. I'm not talking about in NBA history, but one of the best point guards from now.
Do you not realize how this doesn't make sense? If he's merely part of the team and doesn't contribute, no one will give him credit for it.