Steve Knash?

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/b...unhappy_steve_nash_could_be_on_break_to_.html

Could this really happen? My thinking is maybe. The Suns owner is cheap and shedding 13 million would put The Suns under cap and they could go after a younger PG like Raymond Felton or Mike Bibby. The Knicks could only offer The MLE and I'm too sure if just being reunited with his old coach and playing in a city where he has a Summer Home is enough to ease the significant pay cut. But this move could make our team attractive to 2010 Free Agents

Nash/Duhon/Nate
Q/Nate
Wilson/Danillo
Harrington/Thomas/Danillo
Lee/Harrington

Should be a playoff team, and would keep Utah from getting a lottery pick off of us.

Anyways sound off my people!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Man that would make me happy
however i wonder if he would accept veteran discount in advance? i mean, guys like Malone, Payton, Grant Hill accepted way cheaper deals to go to already contending teams.
would Nash really give away millions of bucks just because Lebron may or may not be here in 2010
ahh well maybe some sort of semi-rich 1 year deal could be worked out and then another cheap one in 2010

NAsh just might end up in NY after this season. He loves comming here every offseason and can be seen alot on the streets of Manhattan.. and He loves dantoni.. seems like a perfect fit to me.. but as stated earlier dude is pretty up there in age. He won't be around for much longer

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
well, Nash is a fundamentals guy - nice shot, passing. guys with game based on good fundamentals age much better than the flyers
Stockton kept good shape till 40

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
If 7 mil of his 13 mil next year is guaranteed by Phoenix, then why wouldnt he sign for the rest 6 mil with other team

One thing i dont understand in this rumour - why would Phoenix do it - if they already pay 7 mil, wgt not pay the rest? not like u can get a good young PG for 6 mil a year?
My guess is Phoenix would try to trade him first and get some cheap talent + expirings

bboycustom92

Benchwarmer
i personally want duhon to grow as a player like he is now. if this is a 1-2 year deal that'll be good for the team and duhon(nash can give him some pointers). but i think we're more in need of a 2 gaurd. but hey if nash wants to come on over by all means let him come

TunerAddict

Starter
Even if Nash is on in years, he could still be a very valuable tutor while playing her to our younger guards. We do have a draft pick after all, and if we pick a guard, he'd be perfect to teach him how to run D's offense.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Is a trade for Nash for Marbury possible? If so how do we get it done?

Not possible unless The Knicks take back like 8 million in salary, and it would be long term 8 million dollar contract. So no way that deal gets done!

Now, I can see The Suns trading Shaq for Steph to get under cap this season.Shaq's contract is off the books before 2010 which would fits Walsh's plan.We make the playoffs this season and next thus making us a more attracctive to 2010 FAs. The deal will pacify us Knick fans thirsty to be a winning team again.

Just a thought and not all likely to happen.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Now, I can see The Suns trading Shaq for Steph to get under cap this season.Shaq's contract is off the books before 2010 which would fits Walsh's plan.We make the playoffs this season and next thus making us a more attracctive to 2010 FAs. The deal will pacify us Knick fans thirsty to be a winning team again.

Just a thought and not all likely to happen.

heh would love that
im not a huge shaq fan, but that would be fun
poor D'Antoni though, would have to adjust to Shaq again

Knicks4Life_1985

★The Floor General★
i love shaq like the next man but not in my city or not for my team he is done. and we dont need nash we need to develop duhon this dude is a solid 1.:gony:

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Duhon is Brevin Knight-solid, and 26. what he could possibly develop to?
he's at the right time in the right place, when we are really short. but he's no Steve Nash, deffinitelly not a strong starting piece of a championship team

portega1968

El Cacique
Nash at 37years old in 2010 would be a nice backup but not a good lonterm strategy for the next decade.

In 2010, he's probably worth an MLE for 2 years at the most.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Nash at 37years old in 2010 would be a nice backup but not a good lonterm strategy for the next decade.

In 2010, he's probably worth an MLE for 2 years at the most.

co-sing we should build a young team that will compete with a while and having a point gaurd is probably the most important postion on the court, so having a 37 yr old starting point gaurd isnt smart because your gonna need a new point gaurd within a year and they arent easy to get.....i say we go young at PG, either through trade or draft....im really liking the dude DeMarcus Nelson he has potential to be a pretty good starter in this League....lets make a trade for him....

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
that may actually be great, since Rubio is much more about defence and steals right now, his offence isnt that great
but tbh i dont think we can get Rubio, we would probably need to trade up by a lot