Randolph gets OK from nellie to seek trade

JayJ44

Starter
Yeah, I would definitely try to get him. He's athletic, can block shots, Mullin has said he has star potential. Still, I wouldn't give up much for a kid who might take a while to develop. We could trade the exception we got from Mobley's retirement, and maybe a 2nd round pick.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
and throw in Rose as well and we could actually pull off a deal, i would try to get DeMarcus Nelson as well dude is pretty good and has potential....

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
i remember seein a golden state game other day and noticing this kid. he looked pretty good. big, but real young. reminded me of the way nate was the way he'd make a real good few plays then come back with a stupid foul and show his young age. i def think we should throw w/e we can for him if theyd take rose roberson james whoever; those guys are pretty much useless. He's another guy that has potential if we wanted him for long run, or can just be a nice addition for the time being to mix in.

New New York

Quiet Storm
I agree that this kid is good which is why Donnie Nelson is not going to just give him away to us. I imagine he would ask for Nate or D.Lee but would settle for Wilson. He is certainley not worth parting with Lee or Nate, and is at best a lateral move for us in a trade for Wilson.

Final Verdict: Would be a nice fit, but G-State would want more than I'd be willing to give up!

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
GSW are so messed up right now, i wouldnt be surprised if they gave him and B-Wright straight up for Curry lol
never underestimate the power of bad managements lol

GMs of places like GS, Memphis or Minesota are always worth talking to, u just never know

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't know why Anthony Randolph wants to be traded. I know the Warriors have a bad record, but it's only his first year with the team. He should be patient.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Hell yeah, we should try to get this guy. Roberson, plus our trade exception and 2nd round pick for Randolph and Marco Belinelli. Anthony Randolph has huge potential and would fit nicely in D'Antoni's system. He's the shot-blocker that can run the floor that we need.

New New York

Quiet Storm
Hell yeah, we should try to get this guy. Roberson, plus our trade exception and 2nd round pick for Randolph and Marco Belinelli. Anthony Randolph has huge potential and would fit nicely in D'Antoni's system. He's the shot-blocker that can run the floor that we need.

What's in that deal for G-State?

Now if we were to take on Corey Maggette's contract then I can see G-State making that deal.

Don Nelson may think he doesnt fit, but, he is not going to just give a talented player away.

Plus is it possible that a player doesnt fit into Nelson's sytem, but fits into Mike Dantoni's?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I don't know why Anthony Randolph wants to be traded. I know the Warriors have a bad record, but it's only his first year with the team. He should be patient.

its not Randolph its Nelson telling him to seek a trade Nelson doesn't want him for some reason......so let their loss be our gain...

LJ4ptplay

Starter
What's in that deal for G-State?

Now if we were to take on Corey Maggette's contract then I can see G-State making that deal.

Don Nelson may think he doesnt fit, but, he is not going to just give a talented player away.

Plus is it possible that a player doesnt fit into Nelson's sytem, but fits into Mike Dantoni's?

GS gets cash and a 2nd round pick. Nelson doesn't want him there so he might be willing to take that offer. We don't have much else and taking on a long contract isn't worth it.

JayJ44

Starter
its not Randolph its Nelson telling him to seek a trade Nelson doesn't want him for some reason......so let their loss be our gain...

He doesn't want him because Mullin likes him. They're having a power struggle over there, kinda like Isiah and Larry Brown. Nellie hasn't been playing Randolph out of spite for Mullin.

New New York

Quiet Storm
GS gets cash and a 2nd round pick. Nelson doesn't want him there so he might be willing to take that offer. We don't have much else and taking on a long contract isn't worth it.

Hey man if G-State takes that package then lets do the damn thing. But this would be a bad trade for Golden State. Maybe if we throw in a in a first rounder instead of a second rounder then maybe this deal becomes a little more realistic.

But I agree taking on Maggette's contract is too much. I just know that Don Nelson is desperate to move that contract off the books.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
btw has Nelson been promoted to some high management position next to his coaching there?
i thought Rowell was the one making decisions there, so all this talk about Donnie deciding on trades and cap seemed strange

DANUTZ39

Benchwarmer
Hey man if G-State takes that package then lets do the damn thing. But this would be a bad trade for Golden State. Maybe if we throw in a in a first rounder instead of a second rounder then maybe this deal becomes a little more realistic.

But I agree taking on Maggette's contract is too much. I just know that Don Nelson is desperate to move that contract off the books.

The 1st round pick we can trade is 2012 (isiah took care of that) so maybe we can give them all of the above and anthony roberson and hope they like the deal.

And yes anything involving magette (contract) no deal

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
guys u cant be serious in wanting to give up future 1st round picks for a thin SF ^^
even if he has talent, we are loaded with SFs right now, especially with Gallo coming back. without good minutes, we'd probably just ruin his career

the only time i want us to trade for him is if we get cap space

a deal like Curry for Anthony Randolph+Adonal Foyle's expiring contract would make sense for us.
GSW would probably ask us to add a quality guy to Curry, like Chandler, or Lee. I think it would still be good for us, letting to free more cap and freeing some minutes so that Randolph could actually play a bit

Last edited:

New New York

Quiet Storm
guys u cant be serious in wanting to give up future 1st round picks for a thin SF ^^
even if he has talent, we are loaded with SFs right now, especially with Gallo coming back. without good minutes, we'd probably just ruin his career

the only time i want us to trade for him is if we get cap space

a deal like Curry for Anthony Randolph+Adonal Foyle's expiring contract would make sense for us.
GSW would probably ask us to add a quality guy to Curry, like Chandler, or Lee. I think it would still be good for us, letting to free more cap and freeing some minutes so that Randolph could actually play a bit

I never said that I "want" to give up a pick for him. What I was saying is that Nellie isnt going to just give him away andwe would have to give up a first rounder to get him in a scenerio where all we would be offering is cap relief.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Randolph would be great but id like it much more if we tried to get Kaman from the Clippers then i wouldnt mind giving up Lee he's a great young Center who plays D and blocks shots and rebounds, and he's young and still improving

I dunno how I feel about this guy. He is a young kid at about 6'10"/11" but is lanky and not very strong. Very athletic. Hes not a 3pt shooter but hes got a jumpshot and can slash. He can block shots which is something we desperatly need. He is a rookie and came out after his freshman year. Hes a very raw talent that could pan out very well.

Im interested in him but I dont know if I want to have this guy. Im wondering how similar his game is to Galli's. Anybody on that?? I would definantly take him on for Curry or Jeffries but I wouldnt want to give up any of the players in the rotation. 2nd round picks I could part with. No way if we have to take on Maggette

Toons

is the Bo$$
PLZ, NO MORE SF
N
O

M
O
R
E

S
F

unless we trade qrich, malik rose, jefferies for bellinelli n randolph