New Report: Portland Wants Curry.

Knixy

Benchwarmer
I'd take Channing Frye, Ike Diogu and any other scrub that has 2 years or less left for Eddy Curry.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Why would they want Curry? they got two better centers. Przybilla is playing his best basketball in years right now, and they don't have enough minutes for him because of Oden.
If they want a 3rd C for trash time, they would just find a D-League filler

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I dont get it either. The fact that they are "desperate for a big man" makes no sense. They have Priz, Oden, Aldridge, Frye, and a couple others. They dont need a big at all. They need a shooter.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
They don't have a post-up offensive player. Hey, if they want Curry, I aint complaining. I hope they buckle.

Side note. Aparently, Toronto is looking to move several players, one of them being Jermaine O'Neil. There were discussions earlier this year between Toronto and the Knicks on a Oneil + Anthony Parker for Curry + Marbury trade.

We should explore Toronto as an option for moving Curry. They are anxious to trade (as is Portland). Toronto wants to move Parker and Bargnani.

A Curry for Parker and Bargnani trade would be perfect. Parker has an expiring contract and is a decent SG and Bargnani's contract expires next year and could fit well in D'Antoni's system.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
A Curry for Parker and Bargnani trade would be perfect. Parker has an expiring contract and is a decent SG and Bargnani's contract expires next year and could fit well in D'Antoni's system.

I like your trades, because I've never seen a single one that would look bad for us. But some of them are just too good for us lol
Like, they would have to involve a gun pointed at other team's GM to work. Or the other team's GM would have to go crazy while team owner is on vacation with his mobile shut off

We may as well ask Bosh for Curry then, if we are asking for Bargnani+Parker already.

Seriously, Bargnani is their main trading chip, and if they trade him, they will want a legit player who gets them back to playoffs
Bargnani may never be a worthy no.1 pick over aldridge, roy, rondo and rudy gay, but he's no Kwame Brown either. he's young, developing and showing flashes (like 22-6 average in the last 4 games).
U dont get that for Eddy Curry lol

Besides, how willing do u think Toronto would be to take our scrubs and give us more cap space for Bosh?

Last edited:

LJ4ptplay

Starter
I like your trades, because I've never seen a single one that would look bad for us. But some of them are just too good for us lol
Like, they would have to involve a gun pointed at other team's GM to work. Or the other team's GM would have to go crazy while team owner is on vacation with his mobile shut off

We may as well ask Bosh for Curry then, if we are asking for Bargnani+Parker already.

Seriously, Bargnani is their main trading chip, and if they trade him, they will want a legit player who gets them back to playoffs
Bargnani may never be a worthy no.1 pick over aldridge, roy, rondo and rudy gay, but he's no Kwame Brown either. he's young, developing and showing flashes (like 22-6 average in the last 4 games).
U dont get that for Eddy Curry lol

Besides, how willing do u think Toronto would be to take our scrubs and give us more cap space for Bosh?

I don't think Tortonto would go for Parker/Bargnani straight up for Curry either. But it's a place to start. Toronto is desperate for a trade and Jermaine Oneil hasn't worked well for them. I think he's injured too. So they want another big man. We could sweeten the deal with Lee, or something else.

My point was to look for other options out there. Curry and Jeffries can be traded. They are not completely untradeable. Donnie just has to do his homework (which I'm sure he's doing) and be patient and wait for a desperate team to flinch.

Anyway, it's fun to see what possible trades are out there. Not saying they are all completely realistic, but I don't think I've proposed any foolish ones. I do try and make an effort into looking for the other team's needs.

JRG3

Benchwarmer
Berman just makes crap up hence why he is marburys best friend hahahaha Berman loves drama

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
I don't think Tortonto would go for Parker/Bargnani straight up for Curry either. But it's a place to start. Toronto is desperate for a trade and Jermaine Oneil hasn't worked well for them. I think he's injured too. So they want another big man. We could sweeten the deal with Lee, or something else.

My point was to look for other options out there. Curry and Jeffries can be traded. They are not completely untradeable. Donnie just has to do his homework (which I'm sure he's doing) and be patient and wait for a desperate team to flinch.

Anyway, it's fun to see what possible trades are out there. Not saying they are all completely realistic, but I don't think I've proposed any foolish ones. I do try and make an effort into looking for the other team's needs.

sounds fair

TunerAddict

Starter

Why not do that trade? A 7 footer that can run and shoot 3s. Sounds like Mikes kinda guy. Pair him up with Danilo, who looks up to Bargnani, combined with Ricky Rubio and we have a european allstar team on our hands.

Then we just trade for Darko from Memphis who seem to be out of favor with him and we have 4 euros.

Then get Dirk out of FA instead of lebron and shit, and we have a starting lineup of Euro stars playing for the coach who was a euro player, running a euro type offense.

Just imagine...

PG - Rubio
SG- Danilo
SF- Bargnani
PF- Dirk
C- Darko

And the two guys who've looked like busts so far (Darko + Bargnani) might really show the potential they've always had in this new euro friendly team that also seems to pad the stat category, making them appear more valuable on paper, and improving their confidence and morale.

Chance this happens? 0.00001%

Fun to think about? Hell yea.

what about, a jared jefferies and quentin richardson, for mike conley and darko milichic trade?
jared has 3 left on his contract,quentin 2, conley,2 and darko 2. they all look like shit to me either way, but atleast conley's still young.

somebody should start a "trade" thread.