which Knicks you consider as greatest chokers?

Starks

Starter
Every Knick player has choked. The Patrick Ewing botched finger roll is something I still haven't recovered from

Scribbles

Rotation player
As much as I love the guy's abilities,

JOHN STARKS

No Knicks fan will ever recover from a lost CHAMPIONSHIP. Especially Pat!

KBlack25

Starter
John Starks in game 7 will always take the cake for me. But Riley deserves a bad wrap for it too, as he kept inexplicably calling plays for Starks after it was clear that was not his night.

DanL

Rookie
John Starks in game 7 will always take the cake for me. But Riley deserves a bad wrap for it too, as he kept inexplicably calling plays for Starks after it was clear that was not his night.

Seriously...Hubert Davis was on the bench. Even if he didn't score he wouldn't have gone 2-18. Someone would've filled in that gap.

richtree

Rotation player
gotta be Charles Smith missing like 4 layups in a row.....

Maybe Pat Knight could have gotten a 12 year old to make it in the hoop for Charles...lol

peace!

quiggle

Starter
Seriously...Hubert Davis was on the bench. Even if he didn't score he wouldn't have gone 2-18. Someone would've filled in that gap.

couple of years ago he even admitted the biggest coaching mistake he made was not playing Orlando Blackmon. guy was still good remember when he hit that game winner against the Hornets the previous year in the semifinals

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I'd stay Stephon Marbury but he never had the ballz to take a last second shot.

Ignorance is easy to expose. Your hatred makes my job easy. Nothing personal though, I hope that one day you can see how childish some of your posts are.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
Without a doubt it is John Starks in the finals game 7.We was one game away from being champions and he shot it away.I have not and will not get over that lose.

GetRealistic

Starter

Ignorance is easy to expose. Your hatred makes my job easy. Nothing personal though, I hope that one day you can see how childish some of your posts are.

So you found one game winner in Marburys Knicks career? I'd have to give that basket to David Lee anyway, the pass is what made the play not the layup. But good work finding three game winners in the guys career. Only one which is a legit big shot and hat was in a All Star game with 28 seconds to go.

Marbury was a great player but to say he was ever a clutch player is a real stretch. I can fully admit that in his prime he was a top 5 NBA point guard and probably a top 20 player, but was far as clutch ability he never shined when the lights came on. Probably why he never won a playoff series.

I think Dan L ment that Marbury was a choke because he was brought in to be a franchise savior and due to his actions on and off he court he's failed miserably.

GetRealistic

Starter

So you found one game winner in Marburys Knicks career? I'd have to give that basket to David Lee anyway, the pass is what made the play not the layup. But good work finding three game winners in the guys career. Only one which is a legit big shot and hat was in a All Star game with 28 seconds to go.

Marbury was a great player but to say he was ever a clutch player is a real stretch. I can fully admit that in his prime he was a top 5 NBA point guard and probably a top 20 player, but was far as clutch ability he never shined when the lights came on. Probably why he never won a playoff series.

I think Dan L ment that Marbury was a choke because he was brought in to be a franchise savior and due to his actions on and off the court he's failed miserably.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Make that two....cant find the highlights, but I found this

Theres alotta games that wouldnt have been close if it wasnt for Marbury. Its sad the way you always try to discredit him, anyway you can.

Marbury did not fail in New York. Maybe he didnt do the best job on the court, but you cant blame the Knicks failures entirely on him. I've never understood why so much negativity is directed towards him and not Isiah Thomas. New York has been great for Marbury. Hes grown up a lot and hes a great person now. I feel bad for anyone who doesnt like him. Why even blame or dislike anyone? I feels better to give someone credit then to take credit away from.

Marbury never won a playoff series because he never had enough help. The only time he had help was in Phoenix. They lost to the Spurs, but its not like the Suns with Nash ever beat the Spurs. I have proven several times that the Nets without Kidd had a better roster then the Knicks without Marbury. Maybe the Twolves did finally make the playoffs after Marbury left, but it took them 4 years to get out of the first round. I feel bad for you Getrealistic, and I pray for you. Its just sad to see how you view everything Marbury does in a negative way. Hopefully someday you'll realize that its wrong to dislike an individual who has touched many lives off the basketball court.

GetRealistic

Starter
Make that two....cant find the highlights, but I found this

Theres alotta games that wouldnt have been close if it wasnt for Marbury. Its sad the way you always try to discredit him, anyway you can.

Marbury did not fail in New York. Maybe he didnt do the best job on the court, but you cant blame the Knicks failures entirely on him. I've never understood why so much negativity is directed towards him and not Isiah Thomas. New York has been great for Marbury. Hes grown up a lot and hes a great person now. I feel bad for anyone who doesnt like him. Why even blame or dislike anyone? I feels better to give someone credit then to take credit away from.

Marbury never won a playoff series because he never had enough help. The only time he had help was in Phoenix. They lost to the Spurs, but its not like the Suns with Nash ever beat the Spurs. I have proven several times that the Nets without Kidd had a better roster then the Knicks without Marbury. Maybe the Twolves did finally make the playoffs after Marbury left, but it took them 4 years to get out of the first round. I feel bad for you Getrealistic, and I pray for you. Its just sad to see how you view everything Marbury does in a negative way. Hopefully someday you'll realize that its wrong to dislike an individual who has touched many lives off the basketball court.

Wow dude, what happened to you. I'm not buying this whole found god stuff. You made your name on this site by cutting into people for no reason other then you didn't agree with them.

You come at people who always find fault in Marbury. Yet you do the opposite.. No matter what he does he can do no wrong in your mind.

He left the team because he was benched.... He had to do it to stand up to Isiah

He ailenated all of his teammates and even because of his influence had many of them traded away..... You can't prove that his teammates don't like him (numerous printed reports of this). I mean they all did go to his fathers funeral.

The sex scandal with an intern..... He's got swag did you see that intern it was totally christian of him to take advantage of a young intern in a truck.

He showed up high on national television.... Hes the man to do that it just proves how cool and professional he is.

He turned down his opportunity to play not once but twice this season.... He had to do that because in reality it was D'Antoni's fault for disrespecting him opening night.

I'll open my eyes to the other side when you do the same.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Im not looking to play any games or make any deals here. I have nothing against you getreal. I was responding to Dan L, who made a childish comment. I have nothing against him or anyone on here. I would like to see people be more fair with their opinions and do a better job of supporting them. You say that I dont see any faults in Marbury, I never said that. I think we all got problems. Your no better then him, Im no better then you, and hes no better then me. We all got our faults. I have been clear in the past about Marburys faults. No ones perfect. Why even look to find faults in someone? Why not praise others instead of pick them apart? Give it a try and I can see you being the best poster on this site. I already consider you to be a MVP candidate, right up there with me, Metro, ABCD, Akamu, and maybe a couple others. I think thats the one thing holding you back as a poster. When it comes to Marbury, your always very quick to view everything in a negative way. And then when I do criticize Marbury you pay no attention to it. I said several times that I thought he should have played when D'antoni asked him too, despite what Mike D'antoni and the knicks did to him. But again, I hate to have to get into this. I dont like picking others apart. I dont like pointing out weaknesses (unless were talking about the celtics who have lost 5 of their last 7 games :lol:). Im sorry if I offended you, I dont think im any better then you. Go Starbury!!! Just playin, Go Knicks!!! :gony: