33 games this season and.....

Kiyaman

Legend
And...after 33 games...the Knicks stand?

2002-2003 13-20
2003-2004 14-19
2004-2005 16-17 LENNY WILKENS FOR THE WIN
2005-2006 12-21
2006-2007 13-20
2007-2008 9-24
2008-2009 13-20

Did anyone think the Knicks would be 13-20 after 33 games....after what we witness in the new fast transition Knicks in the Preseason games? or even after the 6-4 start of this season?

What happen? what went wrong? who changed the 6-4 confidence Knicks?
Would it have been hard to trade Knick Players with a winning 18-15 record?
Did we give up a half decent winning season for some idiotic 2 year plan that starts in the 2010-11 season?

Someone please makes some sense of all this......

Kiyaman

Legend
If it aint broke....then dont fix it

Marbury had problems playing 40 or more mpg in the Princeton-Offense (Fast Transition B-Ball) while on the Nets and the Suns.

A renew mountain climbing Marbury committed himself in the Knicks Preseason games to perform and teach his young teammates how to position themselves in the "Princeton-Offense" while accepting to be a 24 mpg bench player.
Marbury & Zach combination would've made the Knicks a .500 season team under coach Dantoni's system.
But that was not good enough for Walsh & Dantoni (whom plans are Tanking the 2008-9 season....it have to be obvious now).
Whatever happen to that famous line "dont fix it untill its broke" line.

Whats remarkable about the Knicks and their management this season is the Knicks started the season a much better playing team than the 18-16 Miami Heat.

Somehow the Knick managment got rid of 3 guards in the first 11 games of the season without replacing any of the guards in the next 22 games.
If Layden or Isiah was to do this Knick-Fans and Media would be calling for their head on a platter.

The 20 year veteran experience President Donnie Walsh told Knick-Fans and media that it would take 2 years to make this Knick-Team into a winning team.

Coach Dantoni made Walsh comment into a Bullshuut LIAR.

By giving Isiah's young players playingtime alongside of Isiah's
"one dimensional" veteran players making this Knick team into
a .500 season team.

Donnie Walsh pannic after seeing a 6-4 Knick start and called his friends (ex-players) Dunleavy and Chris Mullin to trade the Knicks top two scoring-players to keep his 2 year LIE alive an unquestioned by trading for 2 year contracts to fool the Knick Fans and media.

Is the above the truth???

GetRealistic

Starter
The above is not even close to the truth. Maybe with Crawford and Randolph but we'd be 5 games better, but what does us getting the 8th seed get us? Nothing. Why not take one last chance at the lottery. Although the record doesn't show it, we are leaps and bounds above last years team and thats all that really matters.

We've improved this season and gained salary cap flexibility for the future so in my opinion Walsh has been a success. I personally believe D'Antoni has been a success but i suppose some people who just look at the record see it otherwise. That or some people are still sour the coach they wanted didn't get hired.

We're not going to turn this thing around over night but for somebody to believe that the shipped hasn't been righted is completely ludacris in my opinion. No real fan beieved this team was going to be a legit contender this season and there not. This team most likely will finish around the 30 win mark which will be an improvement but it will also give us one last shot at the lottery before 2010. And its not because D'Antoni and Walsh are tanking the season its because the team flat out isn't talented enough. A Nucleus of Lee, Nate, and Chandler isn't a playoff nucleus.

To quote Dennis Green the 2008/2009 New York Knicks are who we thought they were. A more exciting team who still has lots of growing to do.

Last edited:

Knixy

Benchwarmer
Why do you still overreact to that 6-4 record? Can you please go back and review who they beat? That 6-4 record was such a fluke. This team would STILL be 13-20 or so without those 2 trades. You cannot change a team with same core that won 23, 33, 23 and 33 games the last four years without MAJOR changes.

This team will win 30-33 games.

richtree

Rotation player
MIkey D was brought in to win games like @ OK City

we basically got beat all over the floor...

he refuses to play mismatches and doesn't make good coaching moves as well as in game adjustment....

Sure, he has given the team an identity but he has been horrible all season coaching games that we should win, those are a few

lol

mikey D is a C for a grade so far

Knixy

Benchwarmer

he refuses to play mismatches and doesn't make good coaching moves as well as in game adjustment....

Sure, he has given the team an identity but he has been horrible all season coaching games that we should win, those are a few

lol

You have to be kidding me.

Have you seen the roster?

If not, please do.

This team stinks. You can't win 40 games with a 25-30 win roster. Wilson Chandler is only 21 and not ready to lead. Al Harrington has played better than expected but he's a 3rd fiddle scorer on a good team. And David Lee, Nate Robinson and Chris Duhon are all backup's on a good team. The rest of the roster is garbage.

I mean seriously, what were you expecting? Mike D'Antoni's job is to increase the trade value of these Isiah Thomas losers. That's it.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
The above is not even close to the truth. Maybe with Crawford and Randolph but we'd be 5 games better, but what does us getting the 8th seed get us? Nothing. Why not take one last chance at the lottery. Although the record doesn't show it, we are leaps and bounds above last years team and thats all that really matters.

We've improved this season and gained salary cap flexibility for the future so in my opinion Walsh has been a success. I personally believe D'Antoni has been a success but i suppose some people who just look at the record see it otherwise. That or some people are still sour the coach they wanted didn't get hired.

We're not going to turn this thing around over night but for somebody to believe that the shipped hasn't been righted is completely ludacris in my opinion. No real fan beieved this team was going to be a legit contender this season and there not. This team most likely will finish around the 30 win mark which will be an improvement but it will also give us one last shot at the lottery before 2010. And its not because D'Antoni and Walsh are tanking the season its because the team flat out isn't talented enough. A Nucleus of Lee, Nate, and Chandler isn't a playoff nucleus.

To quote Dennis Green the 2008/2009 New York Knicks are who we thought they were. A more exciting team who still has lots of growing to do.

QFT

It's all about 2010. Get Gallinari healthy and playing and hope to get lucky in the draft. Getting eliminated in the first round of the playoffs does not help us move forward since the team is still in transition. If we had young stars that we wanted to develop playoff experience is valuable. This team will look completely different in 2 years...hopefully!

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
Very good thread from a very good poster...I agree with most of what Kiyaman said. But as other posters said, were making salary cap room for 2010. With what we had, we were a team that was almost guaranteed a 1st round exit in the playoffs. Now we dont even have a playoff team, but in 2010 we might have a team that can make it to the eastern conference finals...who knows, maybe even a championship team.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Very good thread from a very good poster...I agree with most of what Kiyaman said. But as other posters said, were making salary cap room for 2010. With what we had, we were a team that was almost guaranteed a 1st round exit in the playoffs. Now we dont even have a playoff team, but in 2010 we might have a team that can make it to the eastern conference finals...who knows, maybe even a championship team.

:agreed: keep preachin MSG:smokin:

metrocard

Legend

Do be so ignorant.

Kiyaman is 101% right.

This draft sucks, tanking this season for this draft would be a waste of money and make this franchise look more pathetic than it has shown under Isiah.

We didn't IMPROVED, GetRealstic.

You're not opening your eyes.

We just had CHANGE; change in ownership, system, personnel and head coach.

Marbury vs Duhon?
We got a downgrade in Duhon.

Crawford vs Q-Rch?

I hate Crawford, but he owns Q-Rich as a starting 2 guard.

Randolph > Harrington

So don't say we got better, because its wrong

We got cap flexibility now, yes.

But we didn't get better.

You understand now?
Good.

TunerAddict

Starter

lol

You obviously don't watch basketball games considering Mike Dantoni plays crazy mismatches. The whole lineup is about mismatch exploitation. Jared ****ing Jeffries is guarding pointguards!!!!!(And actually doing a good job) That isn't a ****ing mismatch?

Paul1355

All Star
Why do you still overreact to that 6-4 record? Can you please go back and review who they beat? That 6-4 record was such a fluke. This team would STILL be 13-20 or so without those 2 trades. You cannot change a team with same core that won 23, 33, 23 and 33 games the last four years without MAJOR changes.

This team will win 30-33 games.

no way man Zach was the MVP that was consistent every single game. What is the problem with this Knicks team?

inconsistency and lack of aggressiveness.

Zach brought both and put up huge numbers and fit perfect with this system. As soon as he was gone this team was going to have a long journey.

Crawford brought good shooting but was so inconsistent that we didnt have to rely on him anymore once we realized that we can win with out him.

Zach was the key to our 6-3 record. When he went, our chances of winning went with him.