Who To Trade? N8 or D Lee?

Who would you trade? Give a reason.

• Lee is often outmatched

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
If the Knicks decided it were beneficial in the long run to trade either N8 or Lee, who would you prefer to say goodbye to and why?

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm gonna say N8 as much as I like him.

He plays bigger than his diminutive stature, but presents a tasty mismatch to opposing coaches on defense. He should be a better passer at his size as well.

rollingstone

Benchwarmer
Overall, Lee is a better player, he will last longer because he's not dependant on jumping ability that much, he's a big which is harder to get, and he can play through more as far as injuries go - obviously an injury would affect Nate's game more since he's so much about athleticism
So imo Lee is much more of a keeper than Nate, but it all depends on salaries

Obviously Nate is cheaper, and probably won't ask for starter money. I dont think he's truly overmatched against backups. if he tries to, with his athleticism he could do a decent job at defence against most backups. and at offence, he's great off the bench as long as he doesnt try to copy Q-Rich stubborness to shoot

Lee on the other hand, if he really wants 10 mil a year - thats the money teams usually pay to their 2nd/3rd best player. he's not that good if we want to compete

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I'd trade Lee because right now he's in a perfect set of circumstances to maximize his stats and thus trade value.

The Knicks play at a fast pace and have no other rebounders or inside scorers.

A faster pace means more possessions per game which translates into more rebounds and points for per game for Lee. His production also went up when we traded Zach and he started getting some of the rebounds and inside points that Zach used to get.

If you put Lee on a team that plays at a more average pace and also has another big man (a real center) that boards well and does at least some inside scoring, Lee would look more like a 10 and 8 guy. And let's face it, to win a championship you need someone besides Lee at Center. That means he really is a 10 and 8 guy (plus or minus a little).

All that may sound kind of harsh, but I don't mean it to be. I like Lee a lot and wish we could keep him. It's just that I don't think he's a 10 million dollar player, but some other teams might and be willing to give us better value back for him.

A lot of same points can be made about Robinson, but right now he is playing himself out of a contract that would do any damage to our long term cap position.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I'd trade Lee because we could get much more value for him.....

Exactly. He's averaging 14ppg and 11rpg. Great numbers for a guy with his ability. We package him with curry or richardson or jeffries and we can solve two problems at once. More cap room and getting rid of a bum player.
Nate could be a great back up point guard, but he does need to practice his passing.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Exactly. He's averaging 14ppg and 11rpg. Great numbers for a guy with his ability. We package him with curry or richardson or jeffries and we can solve two problems at once. More cap room and getting rid of a bum player.
Nate could be a great back up point guard, but he does need to practice his passing.

Nate is gonna win the 6th man of the year award at some point maybe next year when we make the playoffs, or 2010 when we have one of the best records in the league:)crossfingers:)

TunerAddict

Starter

Nate couldn't be a PG if his life depended on it...

On his list of option, it is;

1.Shoot
2.Shoot
3.Shoot
4.Shoot
5.Pass

metrocard

Legend
Both.

NY Knicks trade:
David Lee
Nate Robinson
Anthony Roberson

Portland Trailblazers trade:
Rudy Fernandez
Sergio Rodriguez
Channing Frye

Knicks

Duhon/Rodriguez
Fernandez/Richardson
Chandler/Gallinari
Harrington/Jefferies
Frye/Fatass

Gayzers

Blake/Robinson/Bayless
Roy/Webster/Robertson
Outlaw/Batum
Aldridge/Lee
Oden/Pryzbilla

I would like LaFrentz contract's tho...nice fat expiring.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Portland and Knick Trade?

Why would Portland ever do that trade? They're having a good season, and their potential to be great with their young talent is huge! This would never happen.

metrocard

Legend
I'm pretty sure they would.

Since Frye and Rodriguez are useless for them

So its really

for

Robinson, who produces as much as Fernandez.
And Lee, a player they've been trying to get for a while.

They upgrade their bench and their rebounding, making them a better team.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'd trade Lee because right now he's in a perfect set of circumstances to maximize his stats and thus trade value.

The Knicks play at a fast pace and have no other rebounders or inside scorers.

A faster pace means more possessions per game which translates into more rebounds and points for per game for Lee. His production also went up when we traded Zach and he started getting some of the rebounds and inside points that Zach used to get.

If you put Lee on a team that plays at a more average pace and also has another big man (a real center) that boards well and does at least some inside scoring, Lee would look more like a 10 and 8 guy. And let's face it, to win a championship you need someone besides Lee at Center. That means he really is a 10 and 8 guy (plus or minus a little).

All that may sound kind of harsh, but I don't mean it to be. I like Lee a lot and wish we could keep him. It's just that I don't think he's a 10 million dollar player, but some other teams might and be willing to give us better value back for him.

A lot of same points can be made about Robinson, but right now he is playing himself out of a contract that would do any damage to our long term cap position.
Good points!

dre48ny

Rotation player
As much as i love having n8 on this team, this is a business. Yes he can score so his price tag will not come be that cheap. The Knicks will be surrounded in the future by other scorers that can make up for his points.
Now Dlee gives the Knicks size and skills. Even of they got a STAT or a good center in the draft, they can rotate. That way when STAT is on the bench or the center needs a break, the level of the Knicks play will not be diminished.

Have to go with Dlee.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Real tough question, I like 'em both as they are true warriors when playing for our team, but I'd probably send N8 first, we can find a good guard more easily than a guy like Lee, who can have 10/15 rebounds every night.

groove

Rookie
Hi! That's my first post in this forum, such i read it long time ago.

The first i have to say is: Sorry for my english! You know, I'm a spanish fan, so my english is not that good... :barf:

About the question... well, I think Lee is much important for the team, and so can be in 2010, as a role player to help the expected crack(s) that may come to MSG.

Robinson have a me-first attitude, that i don't like too much in a PG. He can score 40 points, but a lot of times he plays playground style, looking only to the rim and not to his mates. I think he can be a good sixth man por hard games, he can give someting different from the bench, but he can't be the starter PG if the Knicks want to do something great.

Lee is the perfect complement for any star (Bosh, Boozer, Amare... anyone!), he's a constant double-double player, and the only problem is that playing as C, he is oversized by any center in the league. But as a PF, with a scorer C, is perfect for any team, so for the Knicks.

No doubts for me. Trade N8, keep D.Lee. :afro:

Hello to all the Knicks fans!!

Hi! That's my first post in this forum, such i read it long time ago.

The first i have to say is: Sorry for my english! You know, I'm a spanish fan, so my english is not that good... :barf:

About the question... well, I think Lee is much important for the team, and so can be in 2010, as a role player to help the expected crack(s) that may come to MSG.

Robinson have a me-first attitude, that i don't like too much in a PG. He can score 40 points, but a lot of times he plays playground style, looking only to the rim and not to his mates. I think he can be a good sixth man por hard games, he can give someting different from the bench, but he can't be the starter PG if the Knicks want to do something great.

Lee is the perfect complement for any star (Bosh, Boozer, Amare... anyone!), he's a constant double-double player, and the only problem is that playing as C, he is oversized by any center in the league. But as a PF, with a scorer C, is perfect for any team, so for the Knicks.

No doubts for me. Trade N8, keep D.Lee. :afro:

Hello to all the Knicks fans!!
:agreed:

Welcome to KO.com:beer:, and I agree 100% with your 1st post :thumbsup: