Name your Ideal 8-10 man rotation for 2010.

Just for fun: Should Donnie buy out Marbury or let him fester?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
8-10 players.
Salaries must be cap conscious.
Explain why you chose your free agents.
Show the trades you made ( if any ) that ousted any current players.

Don't be too afraid to spend some cash though. The Knicks themselves never have been.

Here's the trade machine.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/trademachine

Here's a list of every NBA players individual salary and term of contract.

http://hoopshype.com/salaries.htm

Here's a Free Agent 09 & 2010 list.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?page=FreeAgents-09-10

Best team wins:!::!::!:

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Lmao on "let him fester like an old shitty banana".

Bigpat, I like you're whole concept of being detailed with how we pick players for the knicks, but it seems like we're doing this every week.

theknicks3

Benchwarmer
Knicks 2010

IN

Bogut, Wade, Bargnani, MoPete, Moute, Wright (waived), Humphries (waived), Gadzuric

OUT

Harrington, Nate, Curry, QRIch, Malik, Marbury, James, Roberson

Trades

Julian Wright and MoPete for Richardson

Bargnani and Humphries for Curry

Bogut, Moute, Gadzuric for Harrington, Nate, and Rose.

P/U

Wade

LINEUP

Duhon 12/9/4/1
Wade 27/4/5/2/1
Chandler 14/4/2/1/1
Gallinari 17/7/4/1/1 (2 threes)
Bogut 13/11/2/1/2
-------------
Lee 10/10/1/1/.5
Sessions 8/6/1
Mo Pete 10 (2.5 threes)
Bargnani 12/6/2/1 (1.5 threes)
Moute 6/6/1/1

THE PERFECT LINEUP

That sir is the NBA finalists in 2011.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Lmao on "let him fester like an old shitty banana".

Bigpat, I like you're whole concept of being detailed with how we pick players for the knicks, but it seems like we're doing this every week.
I know I know, but it's always scattered throughout random threads. Keeping it focal and to the point.

In regard to the festering, I was going to run with " a dead fishes a-hole" but that's just crass and I don't want to say such things on the ever classy ko.com.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Ambitious Free Agency Free For All

I'm going with:

Starting 5

1: Devin Harris ($11m/year - 4 years)
2: Wade ($17m/year - 5 years)
3: Richard Jefferson ($11m/year - 4 years)
4: D Lee ($8.5m/year - 4 years)
5: Marc Gasol ($10m/year - 4 years)

La Bench:

6: Chandler (Re-sign in 2012 if all is well)
- Camby (A long awaited return @ $6m/year - 3 years)
- Duhon (Gotta love 'im! $6m/year - 4 years)
- Sheed Himself (same as Camby's salary)
- Harrington or Gallinari? (Still not sure about either of these 2. Gallo has a friendly contract and is younger but he could have down syndrome for all we know... I know nothing of him. Harrington could be bait for a good trade too, or @ $6m/year - 3 years..... Still unsure?????

And Lastly:

- Whoever you frickin' want! Bring back Clarence Weatherspoon and Manute Bol. Though it would more likely be Q Rich and Curry at this rate.

Trades: Curry, Nate and next years pick for Gasol.

With Harris (2009/2010 FA), Wade & Jefferson (2010 FA) moving at full tilt on the break, Gasol bruising and Lee hustling down low, that 5 can drop 40/quarter. The Camby (2009/2010 FA)/Lee/Gasol/Sheed (2009/2010 FA) 4 headed beast is a winner with (a) range (b) grit (c) shot changing/irradicating (d) potent awesomeness and variation.

Wade/Harris/Jefferson/Duhon/Chandler/Harrington or Gallo speaks for itself.

It's presuming a lot I know but........ That'd suit me just fine.

I'm not sure about salary's and trades and what not , but here's my dream/realistic 2010 line-up -

Duhon/Nash
J.Johnson/R.Bell
Gallinari/W.Chandler
Bosh/Lee
T.Chandler/Lee

That would be a very good "TEAM"..... we just need to find a way to get rid of Curry and Jeffries!

dre48ny

Rotation player
I would say the draft will also play an impact on which players the knicks will seek in the next 2 years. We obviously need a floor general for the next 5-7 years to run the show at MSG. A true center who can defend well, rebound and have a nice inside game. After that i believe that a few Knicks on the roster like gallinari, chandler, and perhaps DLee should remain with the team. Then comes the big question, who will their big signing be? LeBron, Wade, Joe Johnson, bosh?
if Duhon wants to remain on the team, i have no objection but I don't know if he should be the starter for 5 years, he would be deadly coming off the bench with fresh legs. He is getting burned out this year.

Wishful thinking would be that Curry opts out, but if not then they either seek a trade or wait for his contract to expire and sign someone else in 2011-2012. That's if they have capspace by that time.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Is there anyway we can sign Devin Harris since he is a free agent after this season? I know we have the exception pending for cutino's contract and perhaps the mid-level exception as well. This guy can play defense and under D'Antoni would be scary. This would address our PG need fr the next few years. We can then focus on just bringing in a Lebron, Wade, STAT, etc.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Devin Harris signed a 6 year extension during the 07 offseason so he still has 4 more yearson his contract after this one...

groove

Rookie
Devin Harris would be great (for me, the third PG in the NBA, after CP and Deron). But is almost impossible to trade him with Nets.

Anyway, I think we can't not sign any free agent in 2009. Only by the mid-level, we are still over the salary...

And what about Tinsley? He is from NY, and is a great point guard with a lot of unselfish game. And the Pacers don't want him anymore...

Yes, I know he has some injury prone, but... can be a good option, and easy to trade now.

Something like that:

Tinsley
¿Redd? ¿Johnson?
LeBron
Bosh
¿Camby? ¿Chandler?

For the rotation: Duhon por PG, Chandler or Gallinari for the SF, Lee for the PF, and any other free agents and what we can take in the drafts for the C and SG... Haywood, Kapono, Bell, Haslem... some role players. I think coud be good to keep Harrington, but I don't beliebe it will happens.

Last edited:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Devin Harris signed a 6 year extension during the 07 offseason so he still has 4 more yearson his contract after this one...
That's not what it sais on the salary list stuff??? Where'd you get that? That's screwed my team if it IS the case.

LITTLE HELP,

WHY DO I HAVE A RED CIRCLE UNDERNEATH MY NAME WHEN EVERYONE ELSE HAS A CLEAR ONE? WTF DOES THAT MEAN?
Have I been targeted as Eddy Curry's next wang gibbon? Lord help me:(. ( I've gotta get the Curry jokes out early)

JUNIOR MINT

Benchwarmer
Starting Line Up: (2010)

1. Sergio Rodriguez (5Y/6.25M)
2. Joe Johnson (4Y/11M)
3. Wilson Chandler
4. Amare Stoudemire (5Y/16M)
5. Brendan Haywood (3Y/2.75)

Bench:

6. David Lee
7. Nate Robinson
8. Joel Pryzbilla
9. Jared Jeffries (he'll have 1 year left on his contract come 2010, and he's not that bad of a player, he'll be a good fit, and if he does good around a good supporting cast maybe even re-sign, but only if it's for a lot cheaper though.)
10. Danilo Gallinari (I like Gallo, but I can't see him being used before any of the above players)
11. Our 2009 draft pick
12. Our 2nd round draft pick

It's not all that flashy with superstar like players like Wade or LeBron, but I think it'll get us to winning 50+ games a season, and becoming contenders every year, maybe if Stern doesn't rigg' it, we might win 1 or more during the stretch.

Guys that I like and think that can be good if they were starters:

Brandon Bass: Young guy, plays physical, and think he can average about 18+/9 a game.

Paul Milsap: This is maybe, I only mentioned him because of how he's doing great right now filling in Boozers position and is averaging 20/10 like numbers, or it could be because of the system that he's in (Sloan's), I don't know.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
PG-Nash
SG-Raja Bell
SF-Lebron
PF-Sean Williams (yes, I know. I still have faith in him)
C-Bosh

w/ Rubio, Chandler, Lee and Gallo off the bench

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
That's not what it sais on the salary list stuff??? Where'd you get that? That's screwed my team if it IS the case.

LITTLE HELP,

WHY DO I HAVE A RED CIRCLE UNDERNEATH MY NAME WHEN EVERYONE ELSE HAS A CLEAR ONE? WTF DOES THAT MEAN?
Have I been targeted as Eddy Curry's next wang gibbon? Lord help me:(. ( I've gotta get the Curry jokes out early)

i heard the commentators talking about it during a nets game, they said that since the nets have cap-space for 2010 and having Harris signed for cheap till the 2013 season, and how he'll be a great bargaining chip when they recruit free-agents...

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah he will definitely attract free agents, he's definitely a baller. Yeah the Nets will not deal with the NYK. Oh well we either draft a PG or sign a veteran like Nash or Kidd.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Yeah he will definitely attract free agents, he's definitely a baller. Yeah the Nets will not deal with the NYK. Oh well we either draft a PG or sign a veteran like Nash or Kidd.

Top 5 players i want in this years draft:

1. Greg Monroe

2. Brandon Jennings

3. Hashim Thabeet

4. Ricky Rubio

5. DeMar DeRozan

Jennings or Rubio will answer our Pg question and Duhon will be a great backup, start Duhon for 2009-10 then start Jennings or Rubio for 2010-11

and Monroe or Thabeet will be a great pickup...fill a huge void

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
i heard the commentators talking about it during a nets game, they said that since the nets have cap-space for 2010 and having Harris signed for cheap till the 2013 season, and how he'll be a great bargaining chip when they recruit free-agents...
oh that sucks! in that case, I'll swap to Rubio. He's impressive. I've always liked TJ Ford too. Quick as a rabbit with crazy hops. As much as it'll be an unpopular statement, I'd really like to see Rondo as a Knick. Kids got a pg's mind and adds a dash of magic to his approach.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
Jordie Meeks looks like a solid player, ive liked him for some time now i think he'll be a really good NBA players he looks like a mid-to-late first rounder if he decideds to enter the draft, i would love to have him on our team

after last night i was reassured of my standing on him, record 10 3's and 54 points , and he was averaging 25 points coming in....i want him on the knicks

DanL

Rookie
I'll be the first to admit that perhaps the Knicks will not land Lebron James, Chris Bosh, Dwayne Wade, or Amare Stoudamire. That doesn't mean they can't put together a sweet team of lesser stars. If you can't sign any of the four mentioned above, then with the savings, maybe you can sign 3 1/2 players instead of 2 1/2. (Remember that after filling up all their cap space, the Knicks can still sign someone to the full mid-level).

Would anyone be upset if the Knicks came away from the summer of 2010 with a combination of:

Joe Johnson, Rudy Gay, Tyson Chandler, and Mike Miller, added to a core of Wilson Chandler, Gallinari, and lets say, Ricky Rubio?

There are more combos of some of these overlooked free agents over at http://www.knicksfan.net/?p=397