question about this McDyess Knicks card

quiggle

Starter
I have this Knicks card and noticed he's wearing 24 but didn't he wear 34 as a Knick why did he change it?

1dee_1.JPG

KBlack25

Starter
I have this Knicks card and noticed he's wearing 24 but didn't he wear 34 as a Knick why did he change it?

1dee_1.JPG
I'm thinking that the picture is photoshopped (i dont think the knicks ever had numbers on their shorts which you can see). That is, the card itself took a photoshopped image of mcdyess in a Knicks jersey. He wore 24 in Denver, I'm assuming the card was made during the offseason, and the guy who made it probably just assumed he'd wear 24.

rady

Administrator
Staff member
They had numbers on shorts, but the photo is fake. It was probably made right after the trade, those jerseys were retired at the end of the 2001 season, so basically McDyess didn't had the chance to play in that uniform.

The guys from this card company probably didn't knew what number will McDyess get (and they assumed Bradley wouldn't mind seeing his number taken down from the rafters), neither the fact that new uniforms were on the way.

quiggle

Starter
They had numbers on shorts, but the photo is fake. It was probably made right after the trade, those jerseys were retired at the end of the 2001 season, so basically McDyess didn't had the chance to play in that uniform.

The guys from this card company probably didn't knew what number will McDyess get (and they assumed Bradley wouldn't mind seeing his number taken down from the rafters), neither the fact that new uniforms were on the way.

thanks for clarifying, I thought it was odd him wearing Bradley's number. I thougt the Knicks did wear those jerseys in the 2001-2002 season when all teams wore the American flag patch on their jerseys

530807xk4.jpg