Diehard Knicks

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
I personally find that as a huge fan, the players that you feel really want to be a knick and will bleed for the team tend to be my favorites. Even mistakes and losses are more forgivable when you feel someone really wants to do all he can to make the Knicks a winner. I think from my lifetime, prime examples are clearly Starks, Ewing, Oakley, and perhaps H20. Now sadly, Marbury certainly came here this way, wish things could have worked cuz I have no doubt he wanted the best, but we are in tough times. Right now I see David Lee and Al Harrington as those guys who really take pride in being here. Al can be frustrating, but I recently saw that he has a strap on his shoes that says "I'm Lucky", alluding to the fact that he finds himself fortunate to play for his favorite team, the team he loved growing up. I guess my point is what are your thoughts on loyalty to teams these days (certainly more rare than in the past) and perhaps what team would you trot out in terms of knicks from all-time that seemed to personify NY and really seem to put their heart and soul into being everything they could for the Knicks and the fans.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
There's not much loyalty in the nba. Both sides (players and teams) know that this is a business. Players are trying to maximize their earning potential and (most)teams are trying to put out the best product out there so that they can make as much money as possible.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Diehard Knicks are rare to come by

I wish players would be more loyal and passionate about winning for their teams. I wouldn't say that those days are gone, but NBA players have become more about themselves first, and team loyalty second. Marbury is a prime example. However, there are still those players on every team that have that passion to win, and loyalty for their team. For the Knicks its David Lee. In the 90's we had rosters full of those players. Hopefully, Gallo and the future Knick players become Diehard Knicks. Only then will we be a great team again.