So who is more likely to go?

Paul1355

All Star
Nate or Lee? Jeffries?

Of course we all know David Lee is having a great year off the boards with 11 rebounds per game and offensively averaging 15 points per game...

Nate looked great before his injury and since then it seems like he is in a long slump of some sort. He is still getting assists but we all know that we need his shooting and athletic offensive game to come back.

So the trade deadline approaches....Lee is a big candidate for trades now that his value soared but Nate remains a role player that is currently struggling.

Who does everyone think will stay or go and if they go....were is the best possibility?

And don't rule out Jared Jeffires. Yes his contract is 6 million and he is worth the minimum salary but maybe he has been in the starting lineup so that teams see him as a decent player that he is starting to increase his trade value???

Nate...Lee...Jeffires...were they going?

New New York

Quiet Storm
Nate or Lee? Jeffries?

Of course we all know David Lee is having a great year off the boards with 11 rebounds per game and offensively averaging 15 points per game...

Nate looked great before his injury and since then it seems like he is in a long slump of some sort. He is still getting assists but we all know that we need his shooting and athletic offensive game to come back.

So the trade deadline approaches....Lee is a big candidate for trades now that his value soared but Nate remains a role player that is currently struggling.

Who does everyone think will stay or go and if they go....were is the best possibility?

And don't rule out Jared Jeffires. Yes his contract is 6 million and he is worth the minimum salary but maybe he has been in the starting lineup so that teams see him as a decent player that he is starting to increase his trade value???

Nate...Lee...Jeffires...were they going?

The only way I see Jefferies being dealt is if we surrender a draft pick and take back a useless player with one less year on the books than him(ie.Jerome James). And thats the problem, Isiah signed all the useless players at that price range already. Jefferies has played better this year than he has any other year as a Knick, but that isnt saying too much. I can think of a team that might be able to use him, but there is no team that really needs him, think about it there is Boris Diaw,Trevor Ariza,Noah,Anderson Verajo,Renaldo Balkman etc. my point is players like Jefferies are a dime a dozen so why pay 6 million for him? And you can make an argument that all the players I just listed are better than Jefferies. That is why Donnie is going to have include a Draft Pick to move him.

Verdict: Jefferies is a Knick til his contract expires

A smart team is not going to really take Nate's shooting slump into consideration too much. I mean Caron Butler has been in a slump of late but I think teams wouldnt be scared to trade for him. In Dantoni's system a shooting slump is going to look much worse because of how many shots a player is going to get. Bottom line if a team would trade for Mr. Super Slump Jamal Crawford then Nate is for sure movable. Now where to send him...I proposed a package for him and Steph for AI. This may sound a bit unrealistic until you have to look at the chemestry issues The Pistons are having with AI and Rip. Pistons get two very nice compliments to Stuckey and Rip, and I can see this deal putting back in the hunt of The East. Ofcourse AI would just explode in Dantoni's system, and we could have a shot at the playoffs and yes his contract is off the books well before 2010. I would realistically like to see this deal done straight up, but, Joe Dumars isnt Isiah, this would cost a pick. I would surrender a 2012 first rounder for this deal.

Verdict: 65/35 Nate remains a Knick after the deadline

And now to David Lee....Like him or not he has been our most Valuable player. And Donnie's recent stance on not trading him to me has up'd his value. Marcus Camby is the player Donnie wants for Lee and truth be told if Kaman wasnt hurt this deal would most likely get done. Now another team hot for Lee is Portland, now I would think about this deal if they take Curry, but lets be honest they dont like Lee that darn much. Plus I think that we can move Curry at the begining of next season without losing Lee.

Verdict: 95% Lee remains a Knick...Like I said Donnie is holding out for Camby and LA isnt biting yet....but I just read a report that Camby is hur and out for an "extended period of time", so maybe that could make it easier to get him.

Final Verdict: Knicks make no moves before or at the deadline

Last edited:

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I agree with NNY. No one is going to be moved. If someone does get moved its gonna be because we gave up too much.

Iverson coming to NY would be great. He's fearless and that's what we need.

Ewing

Benchwarmer
Malik Rose is a very attractive target for some teams due to his contract, so it would be a smart move to include Jeffries in the package.
I like Nate, but it wouldn't heart my feelings if he's traded, so a pack of these 3 for a guy like AI would be a good deal in my opinion, maybe with another Piston player (Herrmann).

Lee will be going ... no way will the Knicks give up Nate unless it's for someone REAL good

but still I doubt it cuz hes the heart of the team

CoolClyde

Nobody wants Jeffries at what Isiah paid him, unless he's part of trade bait to even out a salary swap.
Most teams would like N8, will they pay more than 6-8 Mill/year? Doubtful. Knicks will most likely match contract offers.
Everyone wants Lee, will they pay more than 8-10 Mill/year? Probably.
Donnie and Dolan will not reward the man for his effort, and most likely will not match offers.

-If David Lee remains a Knick, I will be flabbergasted and ecstatic, I will jump for joy and smoke a fatty.
-If N8 remains a Knick, I will be happy and smoke a fatty.
-If Jeffries gets traded, I will smoke a fatty.
-If Jerome James retires, you know what I'll do...

FATTY!

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would like to see Richardson packaged with Rose and we get anything in return i just want them gone loll, Curry as well

Jeffries should stay he's giving us defense i really dont care about his ppg, or shooting percentages we need his D, its better then i thught

Robinson should be resigned he is the 6th man spark we need, i know he's strugling but doesnt every player?...he'll be fine and back to his self in no time

Lee should be resigned as well he's a very good player and he's an important piece for us we need a good rebounder and hustle in the starting lineup. Unless a team blows us away with an offer, Lee is a keeper same goes for Nate

Kiyaman

Legend
Great POST Question? who goes.....

:afro:
Great POST Question? who goes.....

That is not a hard question to answer when it comes to my Knicks.
Walsh signed a 2 year player and a one year player this offseason.....
he did not extend Lee or Nate contract....he traded away three players for three players with 2 years left on their contract.

My Knicks has become a 3-BALL shooting team....that is why our record is what it is....the only player that is promised a future as a Knick in the 2010-11 season is Gallo....so Knick players just practice thier peremeter shooting in these Knick games....it goes in or it dont....it's wiser to shoot from the peremeter than risk a chance of getting injured on a team you will be leaving real soon.

Does it matter who leave first or who leave last....Walsh plan is that you-all are leaving (same as Rookie G.M. Isiah Thomas plan).

Nobody wants Jeffries at what Isiah paid him, unless he's part of trade bait to even out a salary swap.
Most teams would like N8, will they pay more than 6-8 Mill/year? Doubtful. Knicks will most likely match contract offers.
Donnie and Dolan will not reward the man for his effort, and most likely will not match offers.

-If David Lee remains a Knick, I will be flabbergasted and ecstatic, I will jump for joy and smoke a fatty.

FATTY!

:teeth::teeth::teeth: sound about right to me :D

Lee:smokin:,Nate:smokin:,Jeffries:smokin:,James:smokin:

Kiyaman

Legend

FATTY!

Cosign Bigtime!!!!!!!
I got my FATTY on hold.

The hustle and effort that "Lee & Nate" put out for this Knick team the last 3 seasons....may and will be rewarded by the next team....both performances earned $7M or more per for the next 6 years.
There should've been an extension offer for 2 years of $8M per offered to Lee & Nate at the start of the season.
This would've made the 2010 Plan more official and exciting b/c Knick-Players would have 2 years to get their act together if they wanted to stay pass the 2009-10 season.

Paul.....you should make a post on what Knick players we should keep for the 2010-11 season.

I would actually like to have a frontcourt rotation of Curry, Bosh, Lee, Chandler, and Gallo.

I also would like to have a Backcourt of Duhon, Joe Johnson, Nate, and Mardy Collins back.

Last edited:

dre48ny

Rotation player
i would like to see Richardson packaged with Rose and we get anything in return i just want them gone loll, Curry as well

Jeffries should stay he's giving us defense i really dont care about his ppg, or shooting percentages we need his D, its better then i thught

Robinson should be resigned he is the 6th man spark we need, i know he's strugling but doesnt every player?...he'll be fine and back to his self in no time

Lee should be resigned as well he's a very good player and he's an important piece for us we need a good rebounder and hustle in the starting lineup. Unless a team blows us away with an offer, Lee is a keeper same goes for Nate

I don't think the NYK will sign both players. They are not going to harm their cap space. Robinson will not be cheap, neither will Lee.

The NYK want a franchise player in 2010, they can't get that player if they resign both these guys. Gotta let one go! We all love them,but sometimes you have to sacrifice someone to get a real gamebreaker in this league.

Paul.....you should make a post on what Knick players we should keep for the 2010-11 season.

I would actually like to have a frontcourt rotation of Curry, Bosh, Lee, Chandler, and Gallo.

I also would like to have a Backcourt of Duhon, Joe Johnson, Nate, and Mardy Collins back.

[/quote]

Kiy, what are you doing? Trying to stir stuff up :D? Curry staying? Mardy coming back? Why didn't you just have Starbury staying/coming back?

Mardy seems to be doing OK out in LA....... leave him there :)

Curry is a fat slob with no heart, just give up the idea of Curry ever being a dominate force ( I did about a year ago :))

Love the Bosh and J.Johnson thing though!

Kiyaman

Legend
I don't think the NYK will sign both players. They are not going to harm their cap space. Robinson will not be cheap, neither will Lee.

The NYK want a franchise player in 2010, they can't get that player if they resign both these guys. Gotta let one go! We all love them,but sometimes you have to sacrifice someone to get a real gamebreaker in this league.

Look at the Franchise Star Players you are talking about and the surrounding cast of players they have now.....what cast of players will we have to entice them to sign with us. Look for the Toronto Raptors to trade J.O'Neal ending contract before the deadline for one or two players that will help Bosh make it to this season playoffs.
Look for the Miami Heat to do the samething before the deadline with Marion ending contract so Dwayne Wade makes the playoffs.

Both teams would LUV to take "Lee & Nate" with any long contract player thrown in (Curry or Jefferies) to ensure a playoff spot.
Making this trade would ensure the "Walsh/Dantoni" Knicks alot of money to offer "TWO" of the 2010 FA an offer....if they feel like being on rebuilding team with so many pieces missing in the 2010-11 season.

Kiyaman

Legend

Kiy, what are you doing? Trying to stir stuff up :D? Curry staying? Mardy coming back? Why didn't you just have Starbury staying/coming back?

Mardy seems to be doing OK out in LA....... leave him there :)

With all these Top 2010 FA wanting and needing "Starbury" services this season in their rotation as a SG or PG to make it to the next-level and the next round in the Playoffs.....maybe your right.....d

Dont forget we had way to many great "One-Dimensional-Players" in Isiah Thomas roster that needed a coach and a better coaching-staff (recall each coach denied our young players playingtime).

Teams win Championships with a few "One dimensional Players" on their roster: Paxon, Steve Kerr, and Rodman were all "one dimensional players" that gave a great lift for Chicago 3 Championships in a row,
Bowen & Malik Rose played their part well in the Spurs Championships,
Parish & Ainge or Perkins & Rondo for the Celtics Championships,
it's a very long list of "One Dimensional Players" that won Championship Rings.

Fat Eddy Curry for low post scoring, Collins for backcourt defense, and Starbury as your SG that can help push the ball comming off the bench would be some great "One Dimensional Players" to have in a rotation.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Bosh, Lee, Chandler, and Gallo in the front court would be absolutely sick.. Anyone at Center but curry... I hate that man with a passion.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
i would like us to keep both Chandler and Gallo maybe have Chandler come off the bench in a 6th man roll would cause lots of problems to the opposing defense and Gallo at the 3,

PG. ?
SG. Dywane Wade
SF. Danillo Gallinari
PF. David Lee
C. Greg Monroe

either Jennings or Monroe we draft this year, maybe even DeRozan

6th man Wilson Chandler/Nate Robinson

Bench
Nash,Ewing Jr...then whoever

or we could start Nash and get someone to back him up but i prefer he backup

naterob4

Benchwarmer
marbury, curry, and mardy collins???????? Why the hell would we want that? we just had those tards on our team and sucked balls. Gallinairi, Chandler, Bosh, Joe Johnson, Duhon. Thats a solid 5. beetween Wilson and danillo plus one superstar could be legit in a few years. Every one else must go.... I would love to keep nate and lee but it just doesnt look possible. If we do decide to not resign them i hope we can get some value back or at least get one bum off this team as well.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Look at the Franchise Star Players you are talking about and the surrounding cast of players they have now.....what cast of players will we have to entice them to sign with us. Look for the Toronto Raptors to trade J.O'Neal ending contract before the deadline for one or two players that will help Bosh make it to this season playoffs.
Look for the Miami Heat to do the samething before the deadline with Marion ending contract so Dwayne Wade makes the playoffs.

Both teams would LUV to take "Lee & Nate" with any long contract player thrown in (Curry or Jefferies) to ensure a playoff spot.
Making this trade would ensure the "Walsh/Dantoni" Knicks alot of money to offer "TWO" of the 2010 FA an offer....if they feel like being on rebuilding team with so many pieces missing in the 2010-11 season.

Yeah the surrounding cast will be Lee (over Robinson), Chandler, and Gallo. Then they can sign a big name in 2010, and if they can't then they can sign some players in 2011 as Curry and Jefferies come off the books (that's an extra 17 million). I know Nate is gangsta but I rather be able to sign someone in 2010 and someone in 2011. Lee is a keeper and brings more dimensions. Nate's energy and scoring is nice but bringing in a superstar and other good players should do us well.

And yeah if tose teams Toronto, Miami, and Cleveland are able to retain their superstars, look at my thread on class of 2011. There are some ballers there available (Kobe, Parker, Melo, Ming, etc.) I ain't worried. Yeah i would love LeBron or Wade, but it's not a given. I just want the Knicks to take care of their money for a chage and bring a top 5 player for once.

dre48ny

Rotation player

Yeah the surrounding cast will be Lee (over Robinson), Chandler, and Gallo. Then they can sign a big name in 2010, and if they can't then they can sign some players in 2011 as Curry and Jefferies come off the books (that's an extra 17 million). I know Nate is gangsta but I rather be able to sign someone in 2010 and someone in 2011. Lee is a keeper and brings more dimensions. Nate's energy and scoring is nice but bringing in a superstar and other good players should do us well.

And yeah if those teams Toronto, Miami, and Cleveland are able to retain their superstars, look at my thread on class of 2011. There are some ballers there available (Kobe, Parker, Melo, Ming, etc.) I ain't worried. Yeah i would love LeBron or Wade, but it's not a given. I just want the Knicks to take care of their money for a change and bring a top 5 player for once.