LeBron mentions Knicks in new issue GQ

quiggle

Starter
"Turns out LeBron James is a very good passer and sees things on the court that the rest of us don?t see. He threads some very pretty passes to Adam and me, and we manage to hit the layups, and soon we?re up 12?2. ?They don?t play no D,? he says. ?They don?t play no D. New York Knicks.?

original.jpg

iSTATUS

Rookie
Yah....when i sat down with John Starks this past weekend..he mentioned what he thought about Lebron coming to NY. I'm going to post the video up probably this weekend. It's interesting what Starks had to say about LB coming to NY.

portega1968

El Cacique
if Lebron decides not to come to the Knicks, he could go fuk himself... Id be happy to have a shot a DWade instead.

th3realicon

Rotation player
All this publicity i think Bron will do to the Knicks what all the past stars have. Tell us to fvck off and sign elsewhere.

Italian Stallion

Benchwarmer
I'll already sick of Lebron James and I used to be a big fan. At this point I really hope the Knicks don't get him because I want to build a great team that shuts him down and beats his ass in the conference final! There are other great players available in 2010.

knicksfancris

Benchwarmer
well i hope the knicks shut him down next game we play against him and make him get embarseed buy us i hope he goes foe a dunk and nate robison blocks him just he did to yao

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Knicks should use this as motivation

"Turns out LeBron James is a very good passer and sees things on the court that the rest of us don?t see. He threads some very pretty passes to Adam and me, and we manage to hit the layups, and soon we?re up 12?2. ?They don?t play no D,? he says. ?They don?t play no D. New York Knicks.?

D'Antoni should hang this up in the locker room the next time we face Lebron and Cleveland so we can shut him down, and thats pretty much their team. That strategy should give us a win.
:gony:

metrocard

Legend
I hate Lebron the person.
Personally I would like to rebuild without him...and through the draft/signing key vets in the free agency.

KBlack25

Starter
Personally I would like to rebuild without him...and through the draft/signing key vets in the free agency.

I've said similar stuff...LeBron the person seems like an asshole to me. He lived in the Cleveland area all his life, yet he's a Yankee fan, a Cowboy fan and likely was a Bulls fan, he was that annoying kid in school that just rooted for whatever team was the best I bet. In any case, I think it's a better bet to sign two or three good free agents the waste the whole load on one awesome one, basketball is a team game, it doesn't matter if you have LeBron or not, if the talent around him isn't good the team will stagnate.

New New York

Quiet Storm

Now yall are starting to see why I made the sig I did! There is no doubt this man is the best player in the league or 2nd best depending on who you ask, but to me our team would become the Lebron James Show and I'm not with it. Even when we had Pat it wasnt like that. He says we dont play D when truth be told it's not like he's exactly a lock down defender himself.

Joe Johnson and Chris Bosh are the two players I would like to see here in 2010. Plus he's Jigga's son so if he comes to NY it will be to play in his "favorite Borrough" Brooklyn.

Chris Duhon/Nash or vise versa
Joe Johnson/Nate
Wilson/Danillo
D Lee/Al Harrington (if he takes less money to stay w/ us)
Bosh/Lee/Jefferies

We probably pick up some bit players here and there but this would be the core, and would be a top NBA Team with a Huge upside like Orlando is Now.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Ok ok, so let me get this straight...you guys hate lebron because of what he does outside the b-ball court even though the only reason y'all have heard of him is because of what he does inside the b-ball court. What does it matter if he likes to play with legos on his free time. The only thing we should worry about is what he does when he has the ball in his hands. Its somewhat like the whole stephon marbury issue...

GetRealistic

Starter
He can say whatever he wants. He's the best player in the NBA and i want him on the Knicks. You people are crazy. If Lebron stays in Cleveland they will have a ton of cap space and they'll be able to sign a costar there.

Lebron and Bosh with the growth of our young players and some smart trades and we'll not only win one championship we will win multiple.

Blas

Benchwarmer
I like what Brent Barry has to say about Lerbon and the coaching staff in Cleveland:

http://www.cleveland.com/cavs/plain...sports/1232530249284810.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

In anticipation of James' annual stop in the Bay Area on Friday, Golden State Warriors great Rick Barry is greeting the Cavs star with a zinger. In an interview with Comcast SportsNet Bay Area that will air tonight, Barry said he's alarmed James hasn't fixed some areas of his game and also sends one across the bow of the Cavs' coaching staff.

"He's got major flaws in his game," Barry said. "He's six years into the NBA. How can a man six years into the NBA with his talent have a major flaw in his shot? How can he not use screens effectively? . . I watch the game very carefully - he doesn't use screens effectively and this is not LeBron's fault. It's the fault of the people who are teaching him. . . . There is no doubt in my mind that LeBron, if shown these things would do them, because he wants to be a great player, he wants to win a championship. As great as he is, he should be better."

The question is, does Lebron listen to his coaches or does he listen to Lebron?

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back

i agree LeBron is one of my favorite players and all but i would prefer to rebuild the way we are sign key players to start and come off the bench, and draft the right players, like a Jennings or Monroe, or DeRozan, put them along with Gallo(who's gonna be a sick player) and Lee at the PF and you got a nice team that could seriously compete

New New York

Quiet Storm
He can say whatever he wants. He's the best player in the NBA and i want him on the Knicks. You people are crazy. If Lebron stays in Cleveland they will have a ton of cap space and they'll be able to sign a costar there.

Lebron and Bosh with the growth of our young players and some smart trades and we'll not only win one championship we will win multiple.

You're right we could be a dynasty in the making with Lebron. But I think we could be just as successful with players of lesser calibar (albiet still All Stars). Now replace Joe Johnson with Lebron in your scenerio (pairing him up w/ Bosh) and tell me we arent still a force. Honestly when you have a player like Lebron on your team you are always one injury away from being a lottery team. Think about it, with 30+ games left in the season if Lebron went down tonight The Cavs go from a Title contender to a team who could very well miss the playoffs all together. Just look at The Wizards for further proof of a team that leans too heavily on one player. Even with Jamison and Butler playing all season without Gilbert this team is stuck in the mud.

I would much rather us be like a San Antonio or New Orleans. Now for sure The Spurs wouldnt be able to hold down a whole season without Duncan, nor would N.O. without Paul, but, wouldnt fall apart like a team missing Lebron James would.

Vote 4 Joe in 2010!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Are you serious? N.O. Without paul becomes the minnesota timberwolves.

Joe johnson would still need a supporting cast. Any great player would need a supporting cast. I'd rather have lebron than joe because lebron has the potential to be the GOAT unlike joe who is just gonna be a good player of this generation.

metrocard

Legend

Most of those things aren't guranteed.

Draft Monroe in 09'
Draft Rubio in 10'
Get Ben Gordon
Watch Gallinari develop into an all star.

Monroe - 22 ppg type talent
Ben Gordon - 23 ppg in this system easily.
Gallinari - 20 ppg Hedo type production
Lee will be the garbage man, Monroe is elite at everything except rebounder, which he's actually above average at...Lee will be a great compliment.

Then the bench could be made through free agency.

Thats a squad right there...or we could sign Joe Johnson and let Gordon come off the bench and watch elite prospects Rubio, Monroe and Gallinari grow under our EYES.

HOME GROWN KNICKS TALENT.

ITS ABOUT TIME.

LEBRON IS A KNICKS HATER.
HE DOESN'T LIKE YOU GET REALSTIC.

YOU NEED TO STOP SUPPORTING THAT MAN.
HE'S NOT ON YOUR TEAM.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
best thing about Monroe isn't his scoring or defense it's his passing dude is the best at passing out the post, and passing out a double team.