Knicks' Playoff Chances Increase

JayJ44

Starter
MILWAUKEE (AP) -- Milwaukee Bucks star guard Michael Redd will miss the rest of the season with two torn ligaments in his left knee.
Redd was injured in the third quarter of Milwaukee's victory over Sacramento on Saturday night. Bucks general manager John Hammond said Sunday that an MRI exam on Redd's knee revealed a torn ACL and MCL.
Surgery to repair the injury has not been scheduled.
Redd leads the team with 21.2 points per game and is fifth on the franchise's career scoring list. He said in a statement issued by the team that he is "deeply disappointed, but everything in life happens for a reason and this is God's plan for me."
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/basketball/nba/01/25/bucks.redd.ap/index.html?eref=si_nba

With Redd out, Milwaukee probably won't win a lot more games. They're currently in the 8th seed in the east, meaning probably one less team to compete for that playoff spot.

diesel1984

Rookie
it sucks to see a good player like redd to get hurt but maybe this is another kick in the a$$ to push themselves to to realize how realistic it is to make a strong push to the playoffs. as long as everyone stays healthy i think we have a good shot at it. last night was a tough loss we should have won.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Hopefully he makes a full recovery. Losing a 20+/points a game player will hurt any team. The Knicks should take full advantage and know that that spot is up for grabs.

KnickfaninMA

Benchwarmer
Good and Bad

This injury is good for the Knicks because Milwakee will most likely fall out of the playoff picture, but its bad for me because Redd is on my fantasy squad. However, if the Knicks catch that 8th spot, then it won't be so bad. Go Knicks!
:gony:

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
lol u beat me to makin this thread, and i remember seeing a D'antoni press conference where he said the knicks r gonna need a touch of luck to make the playoffs, nd he included other teams having injuries (not in a malice way). this is jst tht, i wish the best for redd, hes a great player coveted by many teams, but all in all this gives us a good chance, nd we shud play with even more fire now

th3realicon

Rotation player
I don't want to be in the playoffs. I want to be in the lottery. What is the point of getting to the play offs and getting swept the first round from Boston ?

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I don't want to be in the playoffs. I want to be in the lottery. What is the point of getting to the play offs and getting swept the first round from Boston ?
Posts like this is exactly what's wrong with a lot of Knick fans. How could you not want your favorite team to make the playoffs? If the Knicks make the playoffs, it does not matter if they get swept. The fact that they made it will give the young players on the team(Chandler, Robinson, Lee, Gallinari) valuable playoff experience. Plus, the Celtics were on a slump recently. They might not even get the #1 seed. Honestly, it is stupid to want to be a lottery team, for the sake of a 2010 plan. The Knicks need to try and win as much as possible, so that they can gain confidence and playoff experience. That's the only way the Knicks are going to eventually contend for a championship. You can send Dwyane Wade to the Knicks, but if nobody on the team besides Wade has playoff experience, the Knicks will still get swept or lose in the 1st round in 2010, or whenever.

th3realicon

Rotation player
No you are wrong. Simply because we do not have the proper play off personnel. Do you want to be in the play offs to give the youngsters experience and at the same time settle for a 12 -30 first round pick instead of a lets say top 8? Than how do you think you will convince the LeBrons, the Wades and the Stats to join you if your cast around them would end up being young players that are late picks? You going to tell them that what we have is play off proven although they got swept in the first round?

dre48ny

Rotation player
No you are wrong. Simply because we do not have the proper play off personnel. Do you want to be in the play offs to give the youngsters experience and at the same time settle for a 12 -30 first round pick instead of a lets say top 8? Than how do you think you will convince the LeBrons, the Wades and the Stats to join you if your cast around them would end up being young players that are late picks? You going to tell them that what we have is play off proven although they got swept in the first round?

You convince them by saying this nucleus can get to the playoffs, but you will put us over the top and get us into the finals!!!!!!!!!

WTF, I want playoff basketball! We'll get complimentary players in the draft and sign the big names, this is why we are clearing space.