LeBron and D-Wade Tandem

____I♥NY____

Benchwarmer
Dwyane Wade acknowledged last night "it's not crazy" to speculate that he and LeBron James could tag-team their way to the Big Apple as free agents in 2010. Wade, following the Heat's loss to the Pacers, told The Post he and James could join forces in 2010, with the Knicks not out of the question. Wade indicated they have talked about the potential scenario, and both played for Mike D'Antoni last summer while winning a gold medal at the Olympics. The Knicks will have to do more cap management in order to sign two maximum free agents, particularly trading grieving Eddy Curry. King James, who will play at the Garden next Wednesday, downplayed his potential Knicks move in ESPN Magazine this week.

http://www.fannation.com/truth_and_rumors/view/88952-lebron-d-wade-to-knicks?eref=fromSI

Interesting report here and the possibility of D-Wade and LeBron is a NBA Finals win for sure. All we have to get rid of is Eddy Curry.

JayJ44

Starter
I don't know if that would be the best combination of players to get in 2010. Obviously I wouldn't complain, they're the 2 best players on that list of free agents. But we're gonna need a big man, and maybe we would be better off going with Wade/Lebron and Bosh/Amare. Either way, I'm happy though.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
If we can get those two, forget the big man. The Bulls of the nineties did it with jordan and pippen. Putting wade and lebron together in a team is like having jordan and magic on the same team. We could go 82-0

quiggle

Starter
too many cooks in the kitchen. how many championships did the Yankees win since having Jeter and A-Rod on the same side of the infield?

Kiyaman

Legend

Hint: The Miami Heat Pat Riley has set himself up to be able to sign one or two 2010 FA plus resign his own 2010 FA (D.Wade).

Practically all of the Spurs roster contract ends in 2010 season....accept for Duncan & Parker. So the Spurs will be able to sign a 2010 FA too....before resigning and sign and trading.

Detroit will be taken $41M off of their $72M salary cap after this season....do you think they have their eyes on a 2009 and a 2010 FA too?

There are way too many teams (than the Knicks) already prepared to go after one or two 2010 FA....alot of these teams have a better cast of contender players too.

Toons

is the Bo$$
heat, spurs and pistons....

that only 3 temas dude....there are what 29 teams int he league?

how many of them can have a market like new york? definitely not san antonio, and detroit is a team that has to remain competitive. They do not have the luxury as we do in new york to suck for years and still pack the seats. Joe dumars will have to build that team every year. Look for detroit to sign a 2009 fa, or for the pistons to make another good trade. btw, what 41 mil is coming off? thats when contracts expire, so ASSUMING detroit does not resign ANYONE, then your figures are accurate

Red

TYPE-A
Hint: The Miami Heat Pat Riley has set himself up to be able to sign one or two 2010 FA plus resign his own 2010 FA (D.Wade).

Practically all of the Spurs roster contract ends in 2010 season....accept for Duncan & Parker. So the Spurs will be able to sign a 2010 FA too....before resigning and sign and trading.

Detroit will be taken $41M off of their $72M salary cap after this season....do you think they have their eyes on a 2009 and a 2010 FA too?

There are way too many teams (than the Knicks) already prepared to go after one or two 2010 FA....alot of these teams have a better cast of contender players too.

A Max contract is a max contract. None of those teams are the NY KNICKS!
All the FA's in 2010 know what their legacy will be if they win a championship in NY- and thats what will bring them. That and a good supporting cast.

Kiyaman

Legend
and the knicks have david lee

We dont know that yet.

Not giving or offering David Lee an extension after his strong performance in the Preseason Games.....was the icing on the cake for me with our new management....which did nothing all offseason.

There are about 8 other teams beside the 3 I mention that will be set to spend money on the 2010 FA....but the 3 teams I mention was b/c they will have 2 to 3 top contender players
Spurs: Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli (resign)
Heat: D.Wade (resign), Beasely
Detroit: Prince, Stuckey, Maxwell (resign)

I'm not mad at the next team for preparing themself to bid high in 2010....I'm upset with our new Knick regime for not knowing what we had and what we needed....if we were going to hire a celebrity offensive coach Dantoni whom had 4-Super-Star-Players but weakness showed bigtime vs any halfcourt defensive team in series....than we should've hired Patrick Ewing as our assistant coach to put some defensive training in our frontcourt players Curry, Zach, and Lee....so the trade value on Curry (18-7) and Zach (20-10) would not be question with career losing players like Tim Thomas & Mobley.

I would've been happy if we had Lee, Nate, Chandler, Duhon (resign), Gallo, and our 2009 pick locked-down for the 2010-11 season with coach Dantoni and Patrick Ewing calling the shots.
:beer:

Kiyaman

Legend
A Max contract is a max contract. None of those teams are the NY KNICKS!
All the FA's in 2010 know what their legacy will be if they win a championship in NY- and thats what will bring them. That and a good supporting cast.

A max contract is 6 years....the only team that can give Lebron James a 6 year contract is the Cavs....and the way Lebron pack a stadium I do not see the Cavs making a sign and trade for Lebron.

Supporting-Cast....is that players or coaching-staff....lets stick to coaching-staff....coach Dantoni had the Big-3 Nash, Matrix, and Amare which he had no-strategy or game series plan to get past the Spurs coach Pop for 4 straight seasons....coach Phil Jackson, coach Pat Riley, coach Byron Scott, and Cavs coach Brown has never had that problem with any coach for two years in a row.
Now you know why a couple of sports writers called Dantoni a celebrity coach when the Knicks hired him.
We Knick-fans are watching a great regular season coach in Dantoni....especially having fast transition players Lee, Nate, and Chandler on the team....Duhon is a half-court pass-first PG with decent defensive tactics in his talent that gets a "B" average in Dantoni's system. He would've been a great backup and backcourt partner with Nash in Phoenix vs Parker & Kobe.

Red

TYPE-A
We dont know that yet.

Not giving or offering David Lee an extension after his strong performance in the Preseason Games.....was the icing on the cake for me with our new management....which did nothing all offseason.

There are about 8 other teams beside the 3 I mention that will be set to spend money on the 2010 FA....but the 3 teams I mention was b/c they will have 2 to 3 top contender players
Spurs: Duncan, Parker, and Ginobli (resign)
Heat: D.Wade (resign), Beasely
Detroit: Prince, Stuckey, Maxwell (resign)

I'm not mad at the next team for preparing themself to bid high in 2010....I'm upset with our new Knick regime for not knowing what we had and what we needed....if we were going to hire a celebrity offensive coach Dantoni whom had 4-Super-Star-Players but weakness showed bigtime vs any halfcourt defensive team in series....than we should've hired Patrick Ewing as our assistant coach to put some defensive training in our frontcourt players Curry, Zach, and Lee....so the trade value on Curry (18-7) and Zach (20-10) would not be question with career losing players like Tim Thomas & Mobley.

I would've been happy if we had Lee, Nate, Chandler, Duhon (resign), Gallo, and our 2009 pick locked-down for the 2010-11 season with coach Dantoni and Patrick Ewing calling the shots.A max contract is 6 years....the only team that can give Lebron James a 6 year contract is the Cavs....and the way Lebron pack a stadium I do not see the Cavs making a sign and trade for Lebron.

Supporting-Cast....is that players or coaching-staff....lets stick to coaching-staff....coach Dantoni had the Big-3 Nash, Matrix, and Amare which he had no-strategy or game series plan to get past the Spurs coach Pop for 4 straight seasons....coach Phil Jackson, coach Pat Riley, coach Byron Scott, and Cavs coach Brown has never had that problem with any coach for two years in a row.
Now you know why a couple of sports writers called Dantoni a celebrity coach when the Knicks hired him.
We Knick-fans are watching a great regular season coach in Dantoni....especially having fast transition players Lee, Nate, and Chandler on the team....Duhon is a half-court pass-first PG with decent defensive tactics in his talent that gets a "B" average in Dantoni's system. He would've been a great backup and backcourt partner with Nash in Phoenix vs Parker & Kobe.

:beer:

Curry is garbage, no one could of made him better in 1 offseason.

4 Super stars? Nash became a MVP in D'Antonis' system. Marion is limited imo. Duncan (HOF) > Amare, Pop (HOF)- Jackson (HOF)- Riley (HOF)- Brown (HOF) > D'Antoni. I agree his system isn't the greatest but the topic was about signing free agents in 2010 and all the teams mentioned will have room in terms of cap but 2 of the top 10 (especially those who aren't fortunate enough to win a championship) will wind up in New York. Our current situation dictates a two yr plan to do such a thing. *Playoffs and ups and downs included*

GetRealistic

Starter

Hint None of those places have the marketing value that NY has. Do you honestly think any of the big free agents would sign in San Antonio. They've won 4 rings and they can't sell out there building.

I figure along with Lebron and Wade we'll be able to lure D. Nicholes out of Angola or wherever bullshit places hes playing to sign in 2010.