What do we need more?

What do we need more?

• Total voters

JayJ44

Starter
A true SG that can be a go-to scorer, or a shotblocking, defensive, rebounding center? What should we be concentrated on in the draft?

i was just thinking about this when i was watching uconn play michigan the other day. Scorers can easily be found in the nba. Depending on our draft position, we need a guy like thabeet who can do what oden did to us tonight.

Red

TYPE-A
A true SG that can be a go-to scorer, or a shotblocking, defensive, rebounding center? What should we be concentrated on in the draft?

The better your Defense the less chances of needing a go to scorer. But both are needed.

Center - helps on both sides of the ball, Off/Def Boards, Blocks/Alters, Points in the Paint, Picks up easy fouls/put back points.:crossfingers:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
close call but i would say a Center who dictates the defensive side of things, an intimidator is desperately needed....you could find a clutch player with ease.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
Definitely the center. Not too many of those shot blocking centers to go around. Most free agents in the next couple of years are going to be scoring guards (joe johnson, wade, lebron, melo, etc.) But a true center won't be available unless its via draft.

metrocard

Legend
Trade 1

Francisco Garcia

for

Nate
Robinson

Trade idea (because Milwaukee is cleaning house)

Villanueva (expiring)
Damon Jones (expiring)

for

Harrington (1 year)
Anthony Robertson

or

Harrington
Chandler

for

Camby(expiring in 1 year)
DeAndre Jordan

Clippers
Davis/Hart
Gordon/Davis
Harrington/Chandler
Randolph/Thorton
Kaman/Skinner

FINAL TRADE

THE BLOCKBUSTER

David Lee
2009 first round pick
Jerome James
Eddy Curry

for

Amare Stoudimire
Goran Dragic

Phoneix Suns

Nash/Barbosa
Richardson/Barnes
Hill/Tucker
Lee/Lopez
Shaq/Curry/James

New York Knicks

PG - Chris Duhon/Goran Dragic
SG - Francisco Garcia/Quentin Richardson
SF - Danilo Gallinari/Tim Thomas
PF - Amare Stoudimire/Ared Efferies
C - Marcus Camby/DeAndre Jordan

metrocard

Legend
randomcopyrv2.jpg

Mr_3037

Rookie
Cant we have bOTH??

Guess not...

I agree with the majority in that we need a defensive BIG...

Like a Dampier type of guy that CAN score if he gets the ball under the basket but doesnt NEED to score...

I am liking Metro's trades, but to be honest, they will never happen! Probably because too many of us would WANT them too! hahah

I see this team as having fire power scoring wise, but we OBVIOUSLY lack defense...
All aspects of our D probably sux, but I see it like this, it's a lot tougher stopping a guy scoring inside then it is outside as we have all seen that when ppl aint shooting the ball well then you almost dont need GOOD perimeter D.....but with Jeffries and D-Lee as out 'Men in the Middle' we are lacking BIG TIME....

If we could trade Nate for a BIg in a GOOD trade then yeah pull that trigger...

We all have to also consider D-Lee as the last thing we would wanna so is get nada in return for him if we cant re-sign him etc....

If we have a decent BIG man, we'd be 8th seed - Bank on that!!!!

dave2138

Rotation player
What about BJ Mullens in the draft? Everything I hear about him is that he has top 5 pick talent, but because he isn't really nba ready and may take a year or 2 to develop into a great player, he may slip to picks 10-15.

metrocard

Legend
1. Everyone in the NBA needs a defensive big except the Celtics/Cavs
2. Dampier is done
3. I know you like my trades, I never said they will happened. Just realistic/fair trade suggestions. If you want to argue against that, try your best.
4. Thanks for stating the obvious, yawn.
5. If if if...most realstic trade of Nate is for another guard...big men are not easy to get in the NBA...forget about Nate being traded for a good big man...you make no sense, you're not naming players, just keep bringing up this fantasy "good" big man we never heard of. When you come with sources, rumors and substances...then next time your post would actually be interesting.
6. We have a decent big man. David Lee.
7. You're dismissed.

Camby and Tyson chandler are possibilities donnie should explore.
i think we can actually get them.that would be my ideal frontline for 2010,
(other than possibly drafting thabeet or monroe)and we can get them now.
D'antoni needs to let danilo and chandler play together more
so they can get assimilated with one another.
if they are our future sg/sf, they should start building that chemistry.

smokes

Huge Member
_______√ictory_______;83515 said:
Camby and Tyson chandler are possibilities donnie should explore.
i think we can actually get them.that would be my ideal frontline for 2010,
(other than possibly drafting thabeet or monroe)and we can get them now.
D'antoni needs to let danilo and chandler play together more
so they can get assimilated with one another.
if they are our future sg/sf, they should start building that chemistry.

Camby maybe, Clippers got a decent big man in Kaman already, contract nicely matches up with some of ours too.

Chandler I don't think so, Hornets are going pretty strong this year and I don't see them wanting to give up a 26 yr old 7'1 center who's pretty good.

Kiyaman

Legend
We need a Defensive Coordinator Coach to go alongside of No-D Dantoni coaching style....before we add any new player to this Knick-Roster....recall our coaching-staff the past 5 years were actually ten times worst than our players....one on one individual-players performance b/c we had no team-chemistry on defense or offense being coached by the staff.

Coach Dantoni got us passing and moving the ball around to at least find the open man....even if the open man is at the 3-point line we are able to find him.
However....our defensive setup is poor poor poor allowing teams to score above 110 a game. We are playing with chemistry on offense....but.....we dont want to become another Phoenix Suns team that lose the big contest b/c of lack of defense. Last Night Game.... Knicks at Portland was enough proof to prove where we are headed without a "Defensive coordinator coach" on our coaching staff.

David Lee stated "no one was told we had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds during the time-out".

Dantoni-Fans I know u r out there....and u believe Dantoni cant do no-wrong....but the Portland game showed 48 minutes of Knick coaching incompetence.

Last edited:

JayJ44

Starter
We need a Defensive Coordinator Coach to go alongside of No-D Dantoni coaching style....before we add any new player to this Knick-Roster....recall our coaching-staff the past 5 years were actually ten times worst than our players....one on one individual-players performance b/c we had no team-chemistry on defense or offense being coached by the staff.

Coach Dantoni got us passing and moving the ball around to at least find the open man....even if the open man is at the 3-point line we are able to find him.
However....our defensive setup is poor poor poor allowing teams to score above 110 a game. We are playing with chemistry on offense....but.....we dont want to become another Phoenix Suns team that lose the big contest b/c of lack of defense. Last Night Game.... Knicks at Portland was enough proof to prove where we are headed without a "Defensive coordinator coach" on our coaching staff.

David Lee stated "no one was told we had a foul to give in the final 4 seconds during the time-out".

Dantoni-Fans I know u r out there....and u believe Dantoni cant do no-wrong....but the Portland game showed 48 minutes of Knick coaching incompetence.

A defensive coach isn't gonna do much when your players all suck at defense.

The players should know if they have a foul to give or not. If they didn't know, they should ask. It's common sense, you can't blame the players not knowing they had a foul to give on the coach. It's the players job to be aware of that.

Mr_3037

Rookie
1. Everyone in the NBA needs a defensive big except the Celtics/Cavs
2. Dampier is done
3. I know you like my trades, I never said they will happened. Just realistic/fair trade suggestions. If you want to argue against that, try your best.
4. Thanks for stating the obvious, yawn.
5. If if if...most realstic trade of Nate is for another guard...big men are not easy to get in the NBA...forget about Nate being traded for a good big man...you make no sense, you're not naming players, just keep bringing up this fantasy "good" big man we never heard of. When you come with sources, rumors and substances...then next time your post would actually be interesting.
6. We have a decent big man. David Lee.
7. You're dismissed.

Damn Metro you do have quite a chip on your shoulder dont you???

Or did your mummy not hug you when you were little or something....

Sh!t man I was just posting what i think on a forum and because you got done by me on another topic you try and get at me....

Truth be told I dont know all the in's and out's of how trades work etc liek with salaries and all that jazz.....Hence why I liked your trades and you are prompting for me to argue against them>>>????

Dude needs a hug or something!!

Fact is this topic asks what we need a Big Man or a Shooter......it doesnt state names etc.....so neither did I.....

I live in Australia, and it's hard to catch many NBA games let alone have sources this and that......I have no problem admitting that you would have a much better knowledge of players going round these days etc as you would be able to watch a lot more of it.....hence why i agreed with you in another thread Re Will Bynum....

Yeh D-Lee is a good big, but I never said he wasnt so dont know why you even mentioned that...??

But Metro for real, go get a Coke and a smile, a hug, or do something man.....cos you come off like you have 'Little Man Syndrome' or something having to attack me after I even agreed on your trades etc....

So now I will wait for you to come back at me like some marshmellow thug, dissin me for this and that etc....

Camby maybe, Clippers got a decent big man in Kaman already, contract nicely matches up with some of ours too.

Chandler I don't think so, Hornets are going pretty strong this year and I don't see them wanting to give up a 26 yr old 7'1 center who's pretty good.

camby we could probably get for harrington straight up.
New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
125.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Marcus Camby
Salary: $10,000,000 Years Remaining: 2
PTS: 11.7 REB: 12.8 AST: 2.2 PER: 20.45
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Al Harrington
lac.gif
Los Angeles Clippers

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
308.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Al Harrington
Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 20.2 REB: 6.2 AST: 1.3 PER: 15.54
Outgoing Players: Marcus Camby

and as i said in my trade lee thread,

allow me to quote myself:cool:
rumor has it the hornets owner is having financial trouble, which is the reason why their have been the rumors of trading chandler.
i'd trade lee and rose for tyson in a heartbeat.
New Orleans Hornets

739.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Malik Rose
Salary: $7,647,500 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 1.6 REB: 1.9 AST: 0.5 PER: -3.26
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.2 REB: 11.8 AST: 1.9 PER: 18.76
Outgoing Players: Tyson Chandler
nyk.gif
New York Knicks

984.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Tyson Chandler
Salary: $11,350,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 8.8 REB: 8.3 AST: 0.5 PER: 14.18
Outgoing Players: Malik Rose, David Lee

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
im digging that quoted deal Chandler is a great C he gets the job done and i just as good if not better then Lee at the pick-and-roll

but i really think we should package Lee and get STAT

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
A defensive coach isn't gonna do much when your players all suck at defense.

The players should know if they have a foul to give or not. If they didn't know, they should ask. It's common sense, you can't blame the players not knowing they had a foul to give on the coach. It's the players job to be aware of that.

not necessarily. 50% of defense is hustle and awareness. the other 50% is skill.

and yes, it is the player's job. They should've and realized they have a foul to give, so obviously, the coach would take the heat.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Hell no to drafting a guard, we need a center, just like we did last year, and the year before that. We already can see the results of drafting Gallo, instead of Brook Lopez, who's already kicking butt, not being developed, or whatever it is that's supposed to be happening with Gallo.

Ewing carried a pack of mediocre players deep into the playoffs, year after year, and, since screwing him over, because he asked for a two year deal, after which he said he'd retire, and because we thought Camby was better and that the Knicks were better without him, we've been losing, non-stop.

The key to winning, in the NBA, is at the five. When you double up, with two centers in the starting lineup, it usually means championship contender, for that team. Think about the Spurs, with Duncan and Robinson, same thing with Bynum and Gasol, and Garnett and Perkins.

Too bad we didn't get Lopez, the guy's a real big man; but we can still work to get one, one that's better than Camby: dude got murdered, last year, in the first round, by Gasol and Odom. I can't go to war with Camby as my big man, dude is a soft choke artist, with no clutch.