Harrington

Which numerically productive Knick(s) would you trade if you could?

• Total voters

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I'm sick of him.

He's good when he's good that much is true. He's also really ****ing lame when he's not.

It seems to me that when he puts up the big numbers, it negates Mike D's system due to him becoming a black hole and throwing up shit bricks. His defensive effort rises and falls with his FG% as well.

He can create his own shot, but, common sense seems to have eluded him of late as shown by his recent shot selection. Too often he's chosen to shoot instead of show patience and take a shot within the flow of better ball movement.

His inconsistency frustrates me more so than that of N8's because of their incomparable abilities.

The hype is over now that a long overdue return too the playoffs seems so bleak.

That, however, isn't why I've called for his head. I'm not running the scapegoat routine for my frustration over the teams lacking. I'm just calling it as I've progressively seen it unfold.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
From ESPN:

KNICKS: David Lee, Nate Robinson and Stephon Marbury
See this trade in the ESPN Trade Machine Why they'd do it: The Knicks want to lure LeBron to New York and have planned on trying to add two superstars in the summer of 2010. If they can get one now … why not do it? Adding Stoudemire to the mix would electrify the fan base in New York, and you know Mike D'Antoni knows how to get the best out of Amare. To make this deal work under the cap, the Suns would have to include Barbosa. But no worries, the Knicks need guards, too.
Lee is the type of player Kerr is looking for. He rebounds, plays defense, hustles on every play and is still young. Obviously, the Suns would waive Marbury quickly to end his second stop in Phoenix and be able to drop $10-12 million in payroll next summer.
Why they wouldn't: If the Knicks add Barbosa and Stoudemire, they would have room to pursue LeBron in the summer of 2010 but no one else. Are they really ready to put all their eggs in that one basket?
As for the Suns, if money is the main issue, will they be able to keep Lee and Robinson? Both are restricted free agents this summer, and Lee, especially, likely will command a rich deal … perhaps too rich for Sarver's wallet.
<hr>

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
From Myself.

More roster spots for a more rounded team and for the enticing of a 2010 free agent.

Less inconsistency from N8 & Al

Bummer of a loss in Lee.

Sweet to burn Jeffries.

Suns will never do it.

Why did I bother?

nyk.gif
New York Knicks

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
3423.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Goran Dragic
Salary: $1,700,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 2.9 REB: 1.8 AST: 1.7 PER: 6.06
</td></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
2166.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Leandro Barbosa
Salary: $6,100,000 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 12.8 REB: 2.4 AST: 2.0 PER: 18.40
1727.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Amare Stoudemire
Salary: $15,070,550 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 21.0 REB: 8.1 AST: 2.0 PER: 20.13
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Jared Jeffries, Al Harrington, Nate Robinson, David Lee
pho.gif
Phoenix Suns

<table class="tablehead" style="clear: both;" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tbody><tr class="colhead"><th colspan="2">Incoming Players</th></tr><tr class="oddrow"><td width="35">
1717.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Jared Jeffries
Salary: $6,049,400 Years Remaining: 3
PTS: 4.8 REB: 4.4 AST: 1.4 PER: 8.29
308.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Al Harrington
Salary: $9,226,250 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 20.2 REB: 6.4 AST: 1.4 PER: 15.29
2782.jpg
</td><td valign="top">Nate Robinson
Salary: $2,020,179 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.0 REB: 4.0 AST: 3.8 PER: 18.39
2772.jpg
</td><td valign="top">David Lee
Salary: $1,788,033 Years Remaining: 1
PTS: 16.4 REB: 11.8 AST: 2.0 PER: 18.86
</td></tr></tbody></table>
Outgoing Players: Goran Dragic, Leandro Barbosa, Amare Stoudemire

Last edited by a moderator:

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
we should do a trade before the deadline if we wanna get that last push to try and get into the playoffs, if not we'll picck right where we fall now 10th.....

Starks

Starter
Here's the thing with Harrington. When he's on he can score like a maniac. He has a perimeter game and is not afraid to take it inside. That's great for a team to have a player like that in their offense, but he doesn't add anything else.

If he's not hittting shots, he's forcing them and trying to shoot his way out of a slump.

A lot of players are like that, but those are not the dudes who go to all star games and help teams win playoff games.

He really is like a forward version of Crawford.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Here's the thing with Harrington. When he's on he can score like a maniac. He has a perimeter game and is not afraid to take it inside. That's great for a team to have a player like that in their offense, but he doesn't add anything else.

If he's not hittting shots, he's forcing them and trying to shoot his way out of a slump.

A lot of players are like that, but those are not the dudes who go to all star games and help teams win playoff games.

He really is like a forward version of Crawford.

This is what i hate about him. He just keeps trying. If hes shooting 2-20 and its halftime it dont matter, he'll go for 20 more. Dang, at least Crawford hit more shots in crunch time. He is tradable though to many teams imo.

_______√ictory_______;84080 said:
i would trade harrington for camby in a heartbeat.

Like i said in another thread today, i think we all would.

johnstarky

Rotation player
Harrington belongs on the Terror Squad team and away from the Knicks.The guy is horrendous with a basketball.Plus he is one of the ugliest looking players in the NBA.He looks like an ugly version of Q rich.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Maybe if his name was Alfredo Harrinali, you guys might like him, regardless of his mistakes.

Harrington's a good player, but he can't do it by himself, without the help of a good 2 guard, not Q, and a real big man that can block and rebound, things that he's not that great at.

Allan Houston couldn't even do anything, once he lost Ewing. How can we expect more from Al Harrington?

Where is the criticism for great white hopes David Lee and Danilo Gallinari, who have no defense to speak of?

Last edited:

pat

Starter
Where is the criticism for great white hopes David Lee and Danilo Gallinari, who have no defense to speak of?

I don't think it's a matter of black or white, but rather of streaky chucker vs. stopping to shoot when you're supposed to. Harrington is a black whole just like Randolph was. And inconsistent as Crawford. He is worst of both worlds so to speak.

Red

TYPE-A
I Voted Duhon

COSIGN

Al harrington is 6'7'' small foward, even tho he is listed as 6'8'' (he is barely taller than kobe). He averages 13 pts, 7 rebs per game. Lee can do the same. He shot 37% from 3pt. last season and in 10 years in the nba has played ONE full season without injury. He hogs the ball and has a season high of 3 assists last season in 82 games. And a career high of 9 assists....in 12 years. Harrington makes more lee, nate, chandler and collins combined with a whopping 10 mil owed to him at this seasons end. This is just not a smart move. Harrington is a chucker and a pf that doesn't rebound well. We have never seen what lee can do in a starting lineup for a full season yet, and he is looking like a double double machine. Nate is playing more controlled and his turnovers are declining, his decision making has improved leaps and bounds. in 10 years, when lee and nate are as OLD as harrington, will we regret a dumb move like this? just like the ariza trade, or the matt barnes cut? even the demetrius nichols cut (he had had a block in every game he played to my recollection, and he is moving fast laterally, his defense if getting better) we dont need trades, we need to develop our players.

This is a post from October. GREAT call Toons!:thumbsup:

If given a chance I would trade Duhon over Harrington only b/c at the least he can score off the bench.

Harrington and Crawford have the same exact profile. Streaky - selfish - shooter who plays poor defense. Six in one hand half a dozen in another.

smokes

Huge Member
Maybe if his name was Alfredo Harrinali, you guys might like him, regardless of his mistakes.

Harrington's a good player, but he can't do it by himself, without the help of a good 2 guard, not Q, and a real big man that can block and rebound, things that he's not that great at.

Allan Houston couldn't even do anything, once he lost Ewing. How can we expect more from Al Harrington?

Well David Lee while having no defense (which is commented on regularly here) at least puts up solid numbers every night. Harrington doesn't come close.

Gallo we're not allowed to criticize until at least 3-5 years have passed apparently.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Well David Lee while having no defense (which is commented on regularly here) at least puts up solid numbers every night. Harrington doesn't come close.

Gallo we're not allowed to criticize until at least 3-5 years have passed apparently.

Al Harrington averages 20 points per game. David Lee averages 16 points per game. Maybe you are going to wait 3-5 years on Danilo Gallinari, but I'm only waiting 2 years. If Gallinari does not average at least 10 points and 6 rebounds per game, on 45% shooting next year, then he's a bust in my book. I'm not going to give the #6 overall pick 3-5 years. If you get drafted that high, then I expect solid numbers right away. 3-5 years is how much you give the 20th overall pick, not the 6th overall pick.

smokes

Huge Member
Al Harrington averages 20 points per game. David Lee averages 16 points per game. Maybe you are going to wait 3-5 years on Danilo Gallinari, but I'm only waiting 2 years. If Gallinari does not average at least 10 points and 6 rebounds per game, on 45% shooting next year, then he's a bust in my book. I'm not going to give the #6 overall pick 3-5 years. If you get drafted that high, then I expect solid numbers right away. 3-5 years is how much you give the 20th overall pick, not the 6th overall pick.

Lee is consistent, Harrington is not. Lee averages a double-double, numbers mean more than just points.

And about Gallo, I said "apparently", as in, that is what everyone has told me when I have been arguing that we should not have drafted him in the first place. It was ironic.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
Lee is consistent, Harrington is not. Lee averages a double-double, numbers mean more than just points.

And about Gallo, I said "apparently", as in, that is what everyone has told me when I have been arguing that we should not have drafted him in the first place. It was ironic.

Well, that was my mistake then. I thought you was trying to say Gallinari needs 3-5 years, because that's what I've been hearing from several other people on this forum, too.

I still think Lee gets too much hype, though. Lee is averaging 16 and 11 on a team that has no center and no star or leader. He's a good player, but not like how people make him out to be. He's not even a top 10 power forward.

pat

Starter
I'm not going to give the #6 overall pick 3-5 years. If you get drafted that high, then I expect solid numbers right away. 3-5 years is how much you give the 20th overall pick, not the 6th overall pick.

Don't forget: he is only 19. Have a look how long it took Jermaine O'Neal to get decent numbers. And then he had a few years in which I would have liked having him on the Knicks:
<table>
<tr>
<td>Year</td>
<td>Team</td>
<td>G</td>
<td>GS</td>
<td>MPG</td>
<td>FG%</td>
<td>3P%</td>
<td>FT%</td>
<td>OFF</td>
<td>DEF</td>
<td>RPG</td>
<td>APG</td>
<td>SPG</td>
<td>BPG</td>
<td>TO</td>
<td>PF</td>
<td>PPG</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>96-97</td>
<td>POR</td>
<td>2</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>2.0</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>0.5</td>
<td>0.5</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>0.5</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>0.0</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>97-98</td>
<td>POR</td>
<td>1</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>3.0</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>1.0</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>1.0</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>2.0</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>1.00</td>
<td>0.0</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>98-99</td>
<td>POR</td>
<td>9</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>6.1</td>
<td>0.400</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.500</td>
<td>0.9</td>
<td>1.0</td>
<td>1.9</td>
<td>0.1</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>0.3</td>
<td>0.22</td>
<td>1.20</td>
<td>1.6</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>99-00</td>
<td>POR</td>
<td>8</td>
<td>0</td>
<td>4.8</td>
<td>0.273</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.667</td>
<td>0.3</td>
<td>0.6</td>
<td>0.9</td>
<td>0.1</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>0.4</td>
<td>0.00</td>
<td>1.10</td>
<td>1.5</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>00-01</td>
<td>IND</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>4</td>
<td>39.3</td>
<td>0.436</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.500</td>
<td>3.0</td>
<td>9.5</td>
<td>12.5</td>
<td>1.8</td>
<td>0.0</td>
<td>2.5</td>
<td>1.75</td>
<td>3.30</td>
<td>9.8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>01-02</td>
<td>IND</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>5</td>
<td>38.4</td>
<td>0.447</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.750</td>
<td>1.2</td>
<td>6.4</td>
<td>7.6</td>
<td>1.0</td>
<td>0.8</td>
<td>1.6</td>
<td>2.80</td>
<td>4.80</td>
<td>17.2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>02-03</td>
<td>IND</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>45.3</td>
<td>0.467</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.785</td>
<td>4.0</td>
<td>13.5</td>
<td>17.5</td>
<td>0.7</td>
<td>0.5</td>
<td>3.0</td>
<td>3.00</td>
<td>3.70</td>
<td>22.8</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>03-04</td>
<td>IND</td>
<td>16</td>
<td>16</td>
<td>37.8</td>
<td>0.423</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.700</td>
<td>1.8</td>
<td>7.3</td>
<td>9.1</td>
<td>1.2</td>
<td>0.5</td>
<td>2.2</td>
<td>1.81</td>
<td>3.30</td>
<td>19.2</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>04-05</td>
<td>IND</td>
<td>13</td>
<td>13</td>
<td>36.6</td>
<td>0.365</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.750</td>
<td>1.6</td>
<td>6.4</td>
<td>8.0</td>
<td>2.2</td>
<td>0.5</td>
<td>2.6</td>
<td>2.77</td>
<td>3.70</td>
<td>16.0</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>05-06</td>
<td>IND</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>6</td>
<td>36.0</td>
<td>0.524</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.717</td>
<td>1.5</td>
<td>6.0</td>
<td>7.5</td>
<td>1.7</td>
<td>0.5</td>
<td>2.3</td>
<td>4.33</td>
<td>4.70</td>
<td>21.0</td>
</tr>
<tr>
<td>Career</td>
<td>--</td>
<td>70</td>
<td>50</td>
<td>28.8</td>
<td>0.421</td>
<td>0.000</td>
<td>0.714</td>
<td>1.6</td>
<td>5.7</td>
<td>7.3</td>
<td>1.1</td>
<td>0.4</td>
<td>1.8</td>
<td>1.89</td>
<td>3.00</td>
<td>13.3</td>
</tr>
</table>

p.s.: not sure why the table is so far down the post. Can't see a bit of code that could have caused this.