1999 Part Deux!!?

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
Anyone see the similarities? I know we are no where near as talented as the 1999 team but something feels oddly similar. I feel a bit of Knicks magic returning to the Garden. We almost beat LA, Boston and the Cavs!

Is it possible Hughes comes here and overachieves for the first time is his career under Dantoni? Can he be similar to the Sprewell pickup? I think they were the same age and have similar skill sets.

Again, I know already that the talent is not on par with 99 but Dantoni gets the most of our players!

Do you think we can make a deep run and upset the #1 seed?

Ewing

Benchwarmer
If we finish 8th, it will be very tough to beat the greens, I'd rather face the Cavs or Magic, but we never know.
I just hope we make the playoffs first, then everything can happen.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I say hell no. The Knicks went on that run, in '99, because they still had Ewing, bottom line. Houston hit a game winner, against Miami... fine, but who hit about three shots to set up the possibility of him doing that? Ewing.

Currently, we simply don't have anyone close to providing the size and intimidation that Ewing did. We also lack anyone of Houston or Sprewell's versatility and basketball IQ. With Lee at center and Hughes, a skinnier version of Q, at the 2, I don't see anything at all happening.

Good luck next year.

TR1LL10N

Hannibal Lecter
I say hell no. The Knicks went on that run, in '99, because they still had Ewing, bottom line. Houston hit a game winner, against Miami... fine, but who hit about three shots to set up the possibility of him doing that? Ewing.

Currently, we simply don't have anyone close to providing the size and intimidation that Ewing did. We also lack anyone of Houston or Sprewell's versatility and basketball IQ. With Lee at center and Hughes, a skinnier version of Q, at the 2, I don't see anything at all happening.

Good luck next year.

I can see Nate taking over games late and winning some tough battles and close games.Yes, we do not have Ewing or anyone as good as him but we do have talent and arguably better coach. Dantoni will squeeze every last drop of potential from this team. If we make the 8th seed we should be playing some really good ball by then and have some momentum and confidence.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I don't think we have a sprewell type of player. Not to mention our style of play was more controlled (half-court offense). With this type of offense we can't control shit.

Red

TYPE-A
I see the similarities with us being the underdog and optimism and such, but that's about it. We were a defensive oriented team with a HOF that had something left and was hungry knowing the end was near. Now being offensive minded, I don't see how far we can go giving up 144pts and over 100per. Our older teams would NEVER even think about being scored on as much. That said if we do get in I believe Nate will go nut. His energy is thru the roof normally and he has heart/is fearless. That kind of player (which I don't see anyone on this roster with) is very dangerous in the playoffs. Exploiting weakness comes to the forfront in the playoffs. Nate provides problems for teams when he is on. And if that's the case he will be bananas. Fearlessness = playoff success.

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I do not see any similarities. The Knicks from 99 were a championship level team with large amounts of talent. The Knicks from 09 are a lottery team, with limited talent and limited players. The Knicks have no franchise player, or even a player that would make a good 3rd option on a winning team. They just play hard every night, which is why they at least were able to avoid another 23-59 season.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
I do not see any similarities. The Knicks from 99 were a championship level team with large amounts of talent. The Knicks from 09 are a lottery team, with limited talent and limited players. The Knicks have no franchise player, or even a player that would make a good 3rd option on a winning team. They just play hard every night, which is why they at least were able to avoid another 23-59 season.

i co-sign 100% , before we make any serious noise we need a superstar player, like a B.Roy.....hopefully we draft that player.