Houston Rockets Player Shot

LeFlume

All Star
I quote from Houston Chronicle.

Team spokesman Nelson Luis said Carl Landry, 25, suffered a flesh wound during a random shooting in the 3000 of Leeland Street in downtown Houston at about 1:30 a.m.Houston police said two men in a vehicle behind Landry's opened fire. Landry exited his vehicle to see what was happening and was wounded in the lower leg.Team officials said Landry was treated at and released from a Memorial Hermann Hospital.Police said the shooters got away.Landry played with the Rockets in New Orleans on Monday. He played 23 minutes and scored 12 points in the 95-84 victory.Officials have not said how the shooting will affect the rest of Landry's season.Landry is in his second season with the Rockets and in the NBA. He has played in 64 games for the Rockets this season and averages 9.3 points per game. He played college ball at Purdue and Vincennes University.

LJ4ptplay

Starter
That is sad. There are far too many morons with guns in this country. They think they're cool and tough with a gun yet don't know a thing about being a real man.

WNY_Knickfan

Benchwarmer
That is sad. There are far too many morons with guns in this country. They think they're cool and tough with a gun yet don't know a thing about being a real man.

So well said, I teach in a city school and I'm so sick of what kids today think of as tough. Bunch of loud noisemakers that won't do anything, but grow a few years and get a gun and suddenly you're a man... I'm big on the Bill of Rights but there are too many idiots now, we need to get back to that old school ish where you can just throw down like a real man and win or lose, it's over and you get on with life. With weapons someone may not get on with life. Sorry to vent about this, nothing to do with the Knicks just sick of all the bad shit in the world