Dannio decides on Surgery

richtree

Rotation player
Knicks rookie Danilo Gallinari is expected to have season-ending surgery on his back, according to a source close to the situation.

The surgical procedure would reportedly be much less invasive than standard disc surgeries, and he should be ready to play in the Las Vegas Summer League in July. The Knicks will meet with Gallinari and more doctors before making an announcement later in the week.

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
Do you have a link? Or did you see it on TV? Man I hope and pray he comes out ok... These back surgeries are tricky..

richtree

Rotation player
rotoworld -- confirmed this morning...

says -- he should be back for summer league to work out

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
I can feel a million great White hopes deferred, excused to continue on at a later date, through the grace of the excuse offered to them by this surgery.

Gallinari=Weiss in '09-'10

Giants89FLY

Rotation player
I can feel a million great White hopes deferred, excused to continue on at a later date, through the grace of the excuse offered to them by this surgery.

Great White Hopes? Please elaborate

By the way thanks for the links!

Red

TYPE-A

I knew I would find you and your enlightened opinion here. Does this mean we get a refund? Lol at the moron in the post above who needs an explaination of another "Great White Hype" ahhhh....Knicks fans at their best.

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Every Knick Fan's "Hope."

Every true Knicks fan, white or non-white, should "hope" an early Knicks first round pick, whether white or non-white, recovers from an injury and reaches his potential.

Unfortunately, with respect to Gallinari, all we have is hope. But, please, lets not compare him to Weis. If Gallinari never plays again, he is still better than Weis ever was. And neither Lopez nor Augustin will ever be the equivalent of Artest who was still available when Tapscott picked Weis.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Every true Knicks fan, white or non-white, should "hope" an early Knicks first round pick, whether white or non-white, recovers from an injury and reaches his potential.

Unfortunately, with respect to Gallinari, all we have is hope. But, please, lets not compare him to Weis. If Gallinari never plays again, he is still better than Weis ever was. And neither Lopez nor Augustin will ever be the equivalent of Artest who was still available when Tapscott picked Weis.

Says who? It's funny how people on this forum want to give Gallinari, D'Antoni's godson, all of these excuses, and then, with a kid that's actually a top center, in his first year, there's all of this cynicism.

Lopez, first of all, cannot be easily compared to Artest, because Artest is essentially a wing player, while Brook is strictly a center. Their impact on a team is very different. If you compare impact, Artest can only help defend the perimeter and is a streaky scorer, with mediocre rebounding. Lopez gives you lowpost scoring, consistently: turnarounds, hooks, drop step, etc., basically high percentage points, as well as jumpshooting. He can also rebound, block shots and play the pick and roll as well as any other big in this league. His help D is great.

Essentially, Brook gives you more, in one player, than Artest does. He certainly gives you more than Gallinari does.

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Great White Hopes? Please elaborate

By the way thanks for the links!

The hopes of all of the people that, for whatever reason, including racial discrimination, subconscious or not, disproportionately show support to any coach or player that happens to be Caucasian. On this site, it's been seen on numerous occasions: just look at any D'Antoni, David Lee or Gallinari thread.

Even when these men show incompetence, they aren't criticized. If any Black player has a bad game, they're trashed: "trade him," "they're horrible," bla bla bla. Although some of our players are slick enough to know who to kiss up to, so that no one, whether in this forum or in others, or in the mainstream press, trashes them, i.e. Q and his relationship with D'Antoni.

TunerAddict

Starter
The hopes of all of the people that, for whatever reason, including racial discrimination, subconscious or not, disproportionately show support to any coach or player that happens to be Caucasian. On this site, it's been seen on numerous occasions: just look at any D'Antoni, David Lee or Gallinari thread.

Even when these men show incompetence, they aren't criticized. If any Black player has a bad game, they're trashed: "trade him," "they're horrible," bla bla bla. Although some of our players are slick enough to know who to kiss up to, so that no one, whether in this forum or in others, or in the mainstream press, trashes them, i.e. Q and his relationship with D'Antoni.

You've just furthered racial discrimination by talking about it...Good job.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac

its sickening, but true

TunerAddict

Starter
I don't see how discussing the best player on the team, Lee, the new coach, Dantoni, or the one draft pick, Gallo, is at all related to race.

How many threads were up this summer about Wilson and his potential? How many threads about Stephon even when he was banished?

You act like it is a crime to talk about a non-black player even thought the three people I mentioned had legitimate reasons to be talked about.

But then again, racism would just make it so much easier for you to understand. Then you could cry wolf and think about how perceptive you are.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I don't see how discussing the best player on the team, Lee, the new coach, Dantoni, or the one draft pick, Gallo, is at all related to race.

How many threads were up this summer about Wilson and his potential? How many threads about Stephon even when he was banished?

You act like it is a crime to talk about a non-black player even thought the three people I mentioned had legitimate reasons to be talked about.

But then again, racism would just make it so much easier for you to understand. Then you could cry wolf and think about how perceptive you are.

Just drop the subject of racism....

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I didn't start this shit...I'm just making reasonable responses to cries of racism and prejudice...which technically are in themselves racist since they're generalizing a race...

I know you didnt start it. I'm just saying. OG's Great White comment was offending, but it changed when he explained what he meant. It usually is (there are exceptions like i said) true. Its not generalizing a race. Its trying to explain whats going on and what other people think of them. And unfortunately, that does exist.

It can be pure coincedence. Then we wouldn't be talking about this.