Knicks Sign Mouhamed Sene

LJ4ptplay

Starter
Knicks Sign Mouhamed Sene
Apr 09, 2009 12:46 PM EST

Knicks' president Donnie Walsh announced today that free agent center Mouhamed Sene has been signed to a contract. As per club policy, terms of the deal will not be disclosed. Sene, a member of the Albuquerque Thunderbirds, became the 21st Call-Up of the 2008-09 NBA Development League season. Sene, 6-11, 230-pounds, averaged 3.4 points and 1.8 rebounds in five games this season with Oklahoma City before being released by the Thunder on Feb. 19. Sene then signed with Albuquerque and averaged 10.0 points, 10.2 rebounds and 3.4 blocks in nine games. A native of Senegal, Sene was selected in the first round in the 2006 NBA Draft by the Seattle SuperSonics with the 10th overall pick. Sene has career averages of 2.2 points and 1.5 rebounds in 46 NBA games over three seasons with Seattle/Oklahoma City.

http://realgm.net/src_wiretap_archives/58424/20090409/knicks_sign_mouhamed_sene/#

Another player that won't see any playing time.

quiggle

Starter
they're just doing this for marketing purposes so there will be another set of game jerseys to sell after the season.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Can someone tell D'antoni to play the minor league players we have? If I'm Walsh I would be pissed off at this? I think our coach is being very selfish in not playing them. The longer you wait to play them the worst they look and rustier they get. What the hell is the difference of us winning 30 games or 32 games. This is ridiculous...:machinegun:

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Hopefully this guy can become our franchise player...

XD

Look, that was a stupid comment on your part...I just said that we need to know what we have until we make a decision on all of them. BTW, what a ridiculous sig you have...pathetic:thumbsup:

TunerAddict

Starter
Look, that was a stupid comment on your part...I just said that we need to know what we have until we make a decision on all of them. BTW, what a ridiculous sig you have...pathetic:thumbsup:

My post was not at all directed at you. If it was, I would have quoted you.

I was making a joke...but I wouldn't complain if he did become a franchise player somehow....

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
My apologies then, I thought that you referred to me and had taken my comment out of contest. And if Sene becomes our savior or "franchise center, lol, I'll jump of any BX bridge when it happens...

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Sene

You have to wonder about the value of a seven footer who has been around for a couple of years and has been released by a lottery team.

When Sene was drafted at number 10 in the first round in 2006, it was plainly on potential. He was more than reasonably athletic and he had an enormous wing span -- 7 feet 8.5 inches. To put that into perspective, Yao's wing span is 7 feet 5 inches. Muresan's was 7 feet 10 inches and Manute Bol's an outrageous NBA record 8 feet 6 inches. He is certainly more athletic than Muresan or Bol, but neither of those were "franchise" players.

Sene will not be 23 until mid-May, 2009. He is still very much a project. I think he is pretty new to basketball. He does not cost anything and he is still developing his game, although with a long way to go. It will be interesting to see him in the summer league.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Can you imagine if Sonics had won the lottery and pick Oden over Durant in '07 draft. The Sonics picked 3 centers as lottery picks in 2004 Robert Swift, 2005 Petro, 2006 Sene. Had they pick at number one Oden would have been their choice. And we all know now that Durant is and will be 1000 times better than Oden. Oden is a bust and will probably play less than ten years in the league due to injuries. Very sad!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Can you imagine if Sonics had won the lottery and pick Oden over Durant in '07 draft. The Sonics picked 3 centers as lottery picks in 2004 Robert Swift, 2005 Petro, 2006 Sene. Had they pick at number one Oden would have been their choice. And we all know now that Durant is and will be 1000 times better than Oden. Oden is a bust and will probably play less than ten years in the league due to injuries. Very sad!

Swift Petro and Sene are alll busts

Heres a better scenario:

If the Blazers chose Durant.....

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Swift Petro and Sene are alll busts

Heres a better scenario:

If the Blazers chose Durant.....

Their line up would have been:
Steve Blake pg
Brandon Roy sg
Kevin Durant sg/sf
LaMarcus Aldridge pf/c
Joel Przybilla
c

Rudy Fernandez sg 6th man
Travis Outlaw sg/sf
Nicolas Batum sf
Sergio Rodriguez pg
Jerryd Bayless pg
Martell Webster sg

Wow, that's a deep rotation!

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Just uploaded the latest living rosters of NBA 2k9 and Sene happens to be on the Knicks roster. They created him exactly like him, wow I'm impressed.

BTW, couldn't our coach put Sene to at least cover the paint? Wade scores all over the place and no interior defense by our part. David Lee has 22 block shots all season long in 79 games. He's averaging 0.3 blocks a game. Pretty embarrassing to say the least for a PF/C. I'm 5'10, I could have done that. I think we should offer him an 7yr/22 million contract to see if anybody matches it!!!LOL

Paul1355

All Star
he's a center that can block shots...hopefully he can stay with us and get some playing time because no one on this damn team can block a shot except Chandler.

Worst defensive team in basketball? Knicks.

TunerAddict

Starter
he's a center that can block shots...hopefully he can stay with us and get some playing time because no one on this damn team can block a shot except Chandler.

Worst defensive team in basketball? Knicks.

Statistically the Knicks are the 3rd worst defensive team based on their opponent fg%...

However, they are one of the best in the league at defending the 3...thats atleast something....