Isiah to coach again?

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=4065658

Not in The NBA but a mid major team. I have always thought he would make a good college coach. He did show he has a knack for college talent, I think he would be able to recruit well for a college program just off of his name. Plus I know he is sleezy enough to pay Blue Chip players to come play for him!

Because of how he damaged his rep as Knick GM and coach he needs this sort of gig to rebuild his image, but if he takes this job and does well I can see him coaching a big time program one day.

Plus if he takes this job he is officially off of our payroll!

Knixy

Benchwarmer
If this school is looking for a suicidal sex offender to coach it's mens basketball team, Isiah Thomas will be perfect.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
I played ball there, its a good setup for him. If he can bring in the recruits, he may get them back on track. Not many people down there will go just because of his name though.

TunerAddict

Starter
Good news because he can't be working for us and be the coach down there...I guess he must be resigning from his position doing whatever it was he was doing :D

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Isiah Thomas, good coach, very poor GM and business man. It's funny that it's actually become popular to hate Thomas. Although this is understandable, he did no worse then D'Antoni did with the Knicks.

He had five years and it was definitely time for him to go, but I think he'll bring alot to the FIU program. The athletic director said he wants national coverage. The fact that he's a decent coach and knows how to recruit can work for them. We'll have to wait and see.

JayJ44

Starter
I could just imagine the morning of the job interview....

1186112402998.gif

Paul1355

All Star
Isiah Thomas, good coach, very poor GM and business man. It's funny that it's actually become popular to hate Thomas. Although this is understandable, he did no worse then D'Antoni did with the Knicks.

He had five years and it was definitely time for him to go, but I think he'll bring alot to the FIU program. The athletic director said he wants national coverage. The fact that he's a decent coach and knows how to recruit can work for them. We'll have to wait and see.

Fans hated him just as much for his coaching decisions.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Fans hated him just as much for his coaching decisions.

Yet most fans don't hate D'Antoni. It's hard to separate the good from the bad when a guy has screwed up royally. Kind of like arguing in favor of George Bush. I still say Thomas is a decent coach. Let's see what he does with FIU.

metrocard

Legend

Isiah a good coach?
No worse than D'Antoni.

Please explain and expose yourself.

Damn, your still an Isiahsexual after all the beatings I gave you back inthe day.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
what an awkward interview on espn the other day...almost felt sad for him...'i want to live..i like living...there's nothing else i can say'

paris401

Starter
he is out of our hair, tho i think we will still be paying him for the next 2 years, and has said he is working for free(at least the 1st year), so thumbs up to him for giving something back..