I Get Sick Watching Marbury In Green

CoolClyde

this season was so sickening for so many reasons... once the Knicks' season ended, I found it hard to post anything positive here; as I watched Marbury the Celtic putting up 8 points in 2 minutes in game one last night... these lame thoughts continually go thru my head:

No-D'ant never came out and said what his problem with Marbury was, or what "other" direction he was going in (50 loss season?), he did not communicate with Walsh, and refused to play Marbury, thus rendering any hopes of trading him moot. It was No-D'ant's smug a-holism that prevented Marbury from playing, a power trip with no rapport. If No-D'Ant wanted Stephon to play, he could have talked him into it, like a real coach. Instead, he said: "Oh, you don't FEEL like playing? well, go F- yourself, and sit on the bench all season." I blame No-D'ant TOTALLY for the Marbury fiasco... Stephon was ready to play, and should have gotten action. period. As Chicago, Toronto and Miami traded hi-quality players back and forth, the Knicks sat their best player, paid him $20Mill for a full season, and let him walk to play for a championship team. Amazing how he fits in with a real squad...
:boohoo:
As I watched Noah and Thomas do all the things big men are supposed to do for Chicago, I thought, "damn, both those guys coulda been Knicks if it wasn't for Isiah Thomas and Eddy Curry". And we lose ANOTHER pick in 2010 because of these 2 lame-o's. grrrrrr!!!

Damn Eddy Curry, that fat lazy fruit, cheated on his wife, got mixed up with his ex-con driver, and cheated Knick fans out of a full season. He adopted Jerome James bench attitude and did not get into shape. Eddy Curry has a loser attitude and needs to go. NOW they hire a personal trainer for him? NOW? the best they're gonna get is all offense and no defense... perfect for a No-D'ant team!

Speaking of which:
No-D'antoni = no defense. a smug a-hole whose offense first, defense last is a losing proposition from day 1. Now that the season's over, we still don't have a big man, and it hurts to think that Brook Lopez coulda been a Knick. Will the Big Cock grow in spurts and make me eat my words?... I can only wish... No-D'ant is responsible for this p(r)ick, I highly doubt any other coach would have used the 8th pick for a non-US player.

David Lee and/or Nate will be gone come next season no matter how you look at it. After years of paying so much money for NOTHING (Lenny Wilkins, Larry Brown, Anushka Brown, Stephon Marbury, Jerome James, Eddy Curry), NOW the Knicks have to tighten their belts and hope and pray for MVP Lebron James to save the day? At this point, I agree neither Dlee or Nate are worth 8-10 Mill, well maybe Lee, but the point is, both players are fantastic role players and will fit right in with a championship caliber squad. I wish both of them luck, I think they'll both thrive with a real contender, something the Knicks won't be for at least another year or two or five. Watch them burn the Knicks in the future.... Walsh: "hey, we got away with paying them $5 million each for 3 years, this is no time to reward great play"

That's about it. I hate No-D'antoni, I hate his brother and his greasy hair assistant, they all share the same smug holier-than-thou attitude, they're not New Yorkers and they don't believe in defense. They are losers.

then again WTF do I know? rant rant rant:2cents:

PS: the best part of watching the Knicks this season...clyde_gus.jpg

dave2138

Rotation player
you pretty much summed up the frustration of this season, but you can't deny that there is a future plan for this team. It is pretty much a given that 1 max contract will be signed next off season, and this will finally give them a key player to build around. Lee, Robinson, Chandler, Gallinari and the 8th pick in the draft has potential to be excellent supporting players for this team long term. So lets see those 5 bond together next year and build better team chemistry.

All the crying we've all done for the past 5 or so years can finally come to and end when all these bad contracts run out after this year. This team can start new kind of like an expansion team and see how it goes from there.

I am very confident that Lebron will be a Knick in 2010. Cleveland can not offer him what New York can. I think he will just do what is better for the NBA and not for himself and sign here. He's got just as good a chance anyway to win 6 championships in NY as he does Cleveland.

Knicker23

Benchwarmer
thinking bout what it's going to be like with LeBron here in a yr makes up for any negatives we have gone through.... i vaguely remember what it's like watching a playoff knick team... the idea of watching the Knicks be possibily one of the best teams in the league, and competitive with the Lakers, Celtics; just going to be unbelievable...go to my first play off game...watch the knicks on national tv everyother night; it's going to be insane.

think happy thoughts.. :crossfingers:

CoolClyde

thanks guys, i figured my rant would be lost in the ether. I will think positive thoughts... Lebron was amazing tonite. I hope Cleveland wins the championship so the King comes to NYC... Hope springs eternal...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
thanks guys, i figured my rant would be lost in the ether. I will think positive thoughts... Lebron was amazing tonite. I hope Cleveland wins the championship so the King comes to NYC... Hope springs eternal...
I support Mike D, but I was frustrated as well.

I'm willing to give them (The Coaches & Donnie) a chance, because ultimately, they gave the Knicks one. The risks are obvious, but as long as there's even a glimmer of hope I'm not gonna start slandering anyone.

Toons

is the Bo$$
this season was so sickening for so many reasons... once the Knicks' season ended, I found it hard to post anything positive here; as I watched Marbury the Celtic putting up 8 points in 2 minutes in game one last night... these lame thoughts continually go thru my head:

No-D'ant never came out and said what his problem with Marbury was, or what "other" direction he was going in (50 loss season?), he did not communicate with Walsh, and refused to play Marbury, thus rendering any hopes of trading him moot. It was No-D'ant's smug a-holism that prevented Marbury from playing, a power trip with no rapport. If No-D'Ant wanted Stephon to play, he could have talked him into it, like a real coach. Instead, he said: "Oh, you don't FEEL like playing? well, go F- yourself, and sit on the bench all season." I blame No-D'ant TOTALLY for the Marbury fiasco... Stephon was ready to play, and should have gotten action. period. As Chicago, Toronto and Miami traded hi-quality players back and forth, the Knicks sat their best player, paid him $20Mill for a full season, and let him walk to play for a championship team. Amazing how he fits in with a real squad...
:boohoo:
As I watched Noah and Thomas do all the things big men are supposed to do for Chicago, I thought, "damn, both those guys coulda been Knicks if it wasn't for Isiah Thomas and Eddy Curry". And we lose ANOTHER pick in 2010 because of these 2 lame-o's. grrrrrr!!!

Damn Eddy Curry, that fat lazy fruit, cheated on his wife, got mixed up with his ex-con driver, and cheated Knick fans out of a full season. He adopted Jerome James bench attitude and did not get into shape. Eddy Curry has a loser attitude and needs to go. NOW they hire a personal trainer for him? NOW? the best they're gonna get is all offense and no defense... perfect for a No-D'ant team!

Speaking of which:
No-D'antoni = no defense. a smug a-hole whose offense first, defense last is a losing proposition from day 1. Now that the season's over, we still don't have a big man, and it hurts to think that Brook Lopez coulda been a Knick. Will the Big Cock grow in spurts and make me eat my words?... I can only wish... No-D'ant is responsible for this p(r)ick, I highly doubt any other coach would have used the 8th pick for a non-US player.

David Lee and/or Nate will be gone come next season no matter how you look at it. After years of paying so much money for NOTHING (Lenny Wilkins, Larry Brown, Anushka Brown, Stephon Marbury, Jerome James, Eddy Curry), NOW the Knicks have to tighten their belts and hope and pray for MVP Lebron James to save the day? At this point, I agree neither Dlee or Nate are worth 8-10 Mill, well maybe Lee, but the point is, both players are fantastic role players and will fit right in with a championship caliber squad. I wish both of them luck, I think they'll both thrive with a real contender, something the Knicks won't be for at least another year or two or five. Watch them burn the Knicks in the future.... Walsh: "hey, we got away with paying them $5 million each for 3 years, this is no time to reward great play"

That's about it. I hate No-D'antoni, I hate his brother and his greasy hair assistant, they all share the same smug holier-than-thou attitude, they're not New Yorkers and they don't believe in defense. They are losers.

then again WTF do I know? rant rant rant:2cents:

PS: the best part of watching the Knicks this season...View attachment 90

cool clyde, i know u were ranting but u are far off from having a good reason to rant. Marbury?? what the hell would he have done here? a the expense of developing n8 and duhon....more n8 than duhon. here are 'stephony marbury's statistics in 24 games as a celtic in nearly 20 mins per game.

3.8 ppg
3.3 asst.
1.2 reb
46% free throw
24% 3pt
34% fg%

glad we got rid of him. even if coach let him play, he would have done something stupid by now. if boston loses, i bet he goes out and complains about y he didnt get the ball.

As a new coach, he is supposed to stand up to punks like steph. If coach followed behind steph begging him to play, the coach would lose control. An example had to be set...and it had to be steph. and btw, almost anyone can fit in on a good squad if they hardly play. I feel they handled it correctly. Steph is not supposed to play 'when he is ready' you play when you are told. But if ur a starbury fan u still think he averaged 19 n 9 like he did in 2004.

Noah is a real big man, thomas is really a 3, but he plays like a 4. i agree on the curry trade, but hey, no1 could have ever predicted that he would be this bad. things like that happen to a lot of teams. On the curry note, he had a really bad season on and off the court. I blame him for comin to camp out of shape, but thats about it. He was at all the practices when he could, until he got injured. he still came back and played in 2 games i think but he is gonna b back in shape next season. i hope.

Galinari was projected between 6-8 on almost EVERY mock draft out there. i hate when people say that dantoni favored him. if we got lopez, gallo would have went next. some drafts had gallo as much as 5th.

If we trade away our excellent role players, who will we have to support the star? we only get rid of lee and n8 if they want more than 7 mil. Dantoni said he wants to keep both lee and n8, so we have to see how that turns out.

Look at the bright side, where is jerome james? zach randolph? jamal crawford? we already have 22 million off the books, marbury has already been paid. we have al harrington.....how can u not like that? WE GOT RID OF JEROME JAMES....AN IMPOSSIBLE THOUGHT.....GETTING RID OF CURRY SHOULD BE A WALK IN THE PARK

Blas

Benchwarmer
To repair a rotted out house, it is sometimes best to tear it all down and start from scratch.

This is how I view our past season.

I am not saying all the right decisions were made or all the rights things were said, but I do see hope at least.

Nobody can ever do everything 100% right or say everything 100% right.

I do not trust the media to get a full story. Whatever happened with Marbury and the Knicks we will never know the full story.

Why we picked Gallo over a slew of rookies who performed better this season, we will never know the full story.

The problems with Curry? We probably won't know everything. I mean would you want your business spread out all over the country?

Its best to just move on, except the good with the bad, and look forward to the next seasons.

GetRealistic

Starter
I get sick watching Marbury period. It don't matter what color jersey he is wearing.

And ABCD i think Roberson had the same effect Marbury had on the series and that would be zero

TunerAddict

Starter
I looked on NBA.com to learn more about this Marbury cat...

Guy had 3.1 ppg on 23.3% shooting in the first round...

Guess he ain't much of a scorer...

smokes

Huge Member
Who is this Anthony Roberson fellow?

Oh, yeah, the same guy who got knocked out in the first round by a team in which Marbury was a part of. Oh, now I remember.

I've never seen anything so ridiculous as your sig... Marbury in a Celtics jersey with GREEN writing underneath...

http://forums.celticsblog.com

Sure you don't wanna start posting there?

edit- Can't decide if it's better than staring at 2 oiled up black bodybuilders though :D

abcd

KnicksonLIN.com
I get sick watching Marbury period. It don't matter what color jersey he is wearing.
And ABCD i think Roberson had the same effect Marbury had on the series and that would be zero

Stephon Marbury had 13 points and 5 assists, in 24 minutes, in game 3 vs. the Chicago Bulls. He was the one who sparked the blowout win. What did Anthony Roberson do? Nothing.

I looked on NBA.com to learn more about this Marbury cat...

Guy had 3.1 ppg on 23.3% shooting in the first round...

Guess he ain't much of a scorer...

Marbury had a 13 point, 5 assist game, in 24 minutes. He had 8 points and 3 assists, last game, in 8 minutes.

He can score. He just needs the playing time. Rondo is averaging a triple double, in the playoffs, and that is why he is starting. But if Rondo was to get injured or struggle the way he did in Game 1 vs Orlando, then Starchild would see more playing time.

On the other hand, Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich could get injured, and Roberson still wouldn't get any minutes, because he sucks.

As a matter of fact, you suck, tunafaggot.

I've never seen anything so ridiculous as your sig... Marbury in a Celtics jersey with GREEN writing underneath...

http://forums.celticsblog.com

Sure you don't wanna start posting there?

edit- Can't decide if it's better than staring at 2 oiled up black bodybuilders though :D

I don't like the Celtics, but Marbury is one of my favorite players. That is why I have Marbury on my signature. I would post on the Celtics blog, but I don't really watch the Celtics, except in the playoffs, so I wouldn't know what to post. I come to Knicksonline, because I actually watch the 82 regular season Knick games.

Those two oiled "bodybuilders" are Booker and Lane Huffman. They're from WCW's Harlem Heat. Booker is still a wrestler on TNA.

CoolClyde

Cool Toons

cool clyde, i know u were ranting but u are far off from having a good reason to rant. Marbury?? what the hell would he have done here? a the expense of developing n8 and duhon....more n8 than duhon. here are 'stephony marbury's statistics in 24 games as a celtic in nearly 20 mins per game.

3.8 ppg
3.3 asst.
1.2 reb
46% free throw
24% 3pt
34% fg%

glad we got rid of him. even if coach let him play, he would have done something stupid by now. if boston loses, i bet he goes out and complains about y he didnt get the ball.

As a new coach, he is supposed to stand up to punks like steph. If coach followed behind steph begging him to play, the coach would lose control. An example had to be set...and it had to be steph. and btw, almost anyone can fit in on a good squad if they hardly play. I feel they handled it correctly. Steph is not supposed to play 'when he is ready' you play when you are told. But if ur a starbury fan u still think he averaged 19 n 9 like he did in 2004.

Noah is a real big man, thomas is really a 3, but he plays like a 4. i agree on the curry trade, but hey, no1 could have ever predicted that he would be this bad. things like that happen to a lot of teams. On the curry note, he had a really bad season on and off the court. I blame him for comin to camp out of shape, but thats about it. He was at all the practices when he could, until he got injured. he still came back and played in 2 games i think but he is gonna b back in shape next season. i hope.

Galinari was projected between 6-8 on almost EVERY mock draft out there. i hate when people say that dantoni favored him. if we got lopez, gallo would have went next. some drafts had gallo as much as 5th.

If we trade away our excellent role players, who will we have to support the star? we only get rid of lee and n8 if they want more than 7 mil. Dantoni said he wants to keep both lee and n8, so we have to see how that turns out.

Look at the bright side, where is jerome james? zach randolph? jamal crawford? we already have 22 million off the books, marbury has already been paid. we have al harrington.....how can u not like that? WE GOT RID OF JEROME JAMES....AN IMPOSSIBLE THOUGHT.....GETTING RID OF CURRY SHOULD BE A WALK IN THE PARK

Thanks for replying to every single rant, Toons. good points all. the optimism on this site is refreshing, I will keep my negative mouth shut until something real happens this off-season. getting rid of Curry will be the last load off our collective backs...
:gony:
word to real Knick fans!
CC

Toons

is the Bo$$
I don't like the Celtics, but Marbury is one of my favorite players. That is why I have Marbury on my signature.

im sure u can find a pic of marbury in a knicks jersey. the celtic jersey isnt happening....

Toons

is the Bo$$
Thanks for replying to every single rant, Toons. good points all. the optimism on this site is refreshing, I will keep my negative mouth shut until something real happens this off-season. getting rid of Curry will be the last load off our collective backs...
:gony:
word to real Knick fans!
CC

word. if you would have asked me how this roster would look in training camp or preseason, i would have never guessed that we would rid ourselves of 5 of the most complained about knicks. malik rose, jerome james, randolph, crawford.....none of you would have thought walsh was good enough to do even 2 of these moves in the offseason.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Stephon Marbury had 13 points and 5 assists, in 24 minutes, in game 3 vs. the Chicago Bulls. He was the one who sparked the blowout win. What did Anthony Roberson do? Nothing.

Marbury had a 13 point, 5 assist game, in 24 minutes. He had 8 points and 3 assists, last game, in 8 minutes.

He can score. He just needs the playing time. Rondo is averaging a triple double, in the playoffs, and that is why he is starting. But if Rondo was to get injured or struggle the way he did in Game 1 vs Orlando, then Starchild would see more playing time.

On the other hand, Derrick Rose and Kirk Hinrich could get injured, and Roberson still wouldn't get any minutes, because he sucks.

As a matter of fact, you suck, tunafaggot.

I don't like the Celtics, but Marbury is one of my favorite players. That is why I have Marbury on my signature. I would post on the Celtics blog, but I don't really watch the Celtics, except in the playoffs, so I wouldn't know what to post. I come to Knicksonline, because I actually watch the 82 regular season Knick games.

Those two oiled "bodybuilders" are Booker and Lane Huffman. They're from WCW's Harlem Heat. Booker is still a wrestler on TNA.
So get a picture of Marbury in a Knicks uniform and stop trying to start shit.

dave2138

Rotation player
What exactly is still the obsession with Marbury? I figured he would go down as one of the most hated players ever by knicks fans. I'm really surprised to see some people here say he is one of their favorite players..That is kind of like Texas Rangers fans saying Arod is their favorite player. Sure they put up great individual numbers, but the lack of a winning attitude and huge contract made it impossible to build a winner with him on the team.

Marbury off the team made every knick fan happy. Its debatable whether or not they could have traded him for anything of value..I don't think you can fault Walsh though..the only wrong he could have done was trade him for another bad contract, which he avoided. I look at the getting rid of Marbury situation as a success. The knicks weren't going to win a championship with or without him. Lets move on now.