Some more Curry for The Knicks?

New New York

Quiet Storm
http://www.nbadraft.net/node/5605

I have read numerous reports about The Knicks "promising" Curry we will select him at the #8 slot. Now this is very premature considering we are still a week away from knowing where we even pick. But, Curry is the player I want The Knicks to draft (see the NO Hornets getting blown out Thread) I have comparisons to Bibby and a "better shooting" Monta Ellis. The savior to the franchise is not in this draft, but we need a solid pick that is going to contribute and I think Curry could be that

Sound Off!

dave2138

Rotation player
thats the most important thing to remember, that the savior won't be had in this draft. Curry is not a terrible pick..I'd like to see how he plays knowing he will not be the main option like he was in college.

I agree with a lot of others here that Lawson would be the most logical choice at #8, more so than Curry. Curry is just a very safe, boring pick at #8. You would like to go with a player with star like upside, but building a team of solid role players and getting a max contract to build around next year isn't a bad idea either.

Kiyaman

Legend
thats the most important thing to remember, that the savior won't be had in this draft. Curry is not a terrible pick..I'd like to see how he plays knowing he will not be the main option like he was in college.

I agree with a lot of others here that Lawson would be the most logical choice at #8, more so than Curry. Curry is just a very safe, boring pick at #8. You would like to go with a player with star like upside, but building a team of solid role players and getting a max contract to build around next year isn't a bad idea either.

When it comes to Curry or 5.11 Lawson....I have to go with Lawson leadership at the PG at improving his teammates performance in scoring and passing.

If all these so-call rumors are true about the Knicks promising Curry a shot at the 8th pick.....we got a big problem in our management and college scouting b/c Curry vs Nate is not something u want to see.
Letting Nate speed go to the next team for Curry's rookie scoring to replace him will not make alot of Knick fans happy.

I would've preferred the rumor of the Knicks promising big-guard Gerald Henderson a shot at the 8th selection....so we could resign Nate.

GetRealistic

Starter
I"m not completely sold on Curry either. But i wouldn't be concerned about drafting Curry because we'd lose Nate.

If we draft a guard Nate is gone, if we draft a big Lee is gone. So basically thats that. I wouldn't be worried about losing Nate for a player like Curry. Although Curry isn't the flashy prospect of say Jennings or Rubio he's a solid player who is without a doubt the best shooter in this draft. Curry most likley plays little defense but on the flip side despite all his attributes to be a good defender Nate Robinson plays no defense, so in that respect its an even trade.

If you asked if if i'd rather have Curry who is an unselfish player or Nate Robinson i'd take Curry. Also Curry will be much cheapier then Robinson.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Just hoping we win the lottery!!!

If not Curry is not a bad choice, although Lawson is intriguing!!!

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
I wouldn't want curry to be drafted by our Knicks. he doesn't blow by anyone. curry is mad slow. that's why he takes so many perimeter shots. with him, Lee and Gallo, we would have a very hard time playing defense next year.