The Tracy McGrady Project: "Rent-A-Knick?"

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/knicks/

You see an injured Tracy McGrady sitting on the Rockets bench, looking a little puffy and carrying a big fat contract and you automatically think he?d be perfect for the Knicks. Right?
Yes, McGrady is the ultimate Rent-A-Knick for Donnie Walsh and Mike D?Antoni. His $22.5 million salary comes off the books next July and if he can recover from microfracture knee surgery - I know that?s a big if - McGrady could be the play-maker that D?Antoni covets.
The Knicks could dump the expiring contracts of Larry Hughes and Cuttino Mobley on the Rockets to make the deal work and just like that Walsh could add an All-Star caliber talent who could make the Knicks a playoff contender and perhaps more attractive to LeBron James.
I know McGrady has never been out of the first round but unlike the Knicks at least he gets to the playoffs.
The one major drawback is that there is no guarantee that McGrady will be ready for the start of the 2009-10 season. He?s currently working out in Chicago with noted trainer Tim Grover, who once trained Michael Jordan and also has Eddy Curry on his resume.
***​
There is a report that the Knicks have promised Stephen Curry they will select him eighth overall. I?m also hearing they promised Blake Griffin they will take him first and promised Ricky Rubio they would take him second.

By Frank Isola on May 11, 2009 11:53 AM

Would be a good idea if we get rid of hughes.

sealy23

Rookie
I'd be down w/ it as long as he doesn't expect a new contract when he gets here.

Probably one of the best players I have ever seen live and I seen some sick performances at the garden from Jordan, AI and Lebron.

LeFlume

All Star
We all know about his injury problems. But what about his head and his heart? Are they still in the game? I read an article a few weeks back where he mention something about being tired of all the injuries and basketball...

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
I guess it'd be cool... He's a whining ****er though... I wouldn't wanna get caught in a sign & trade with him at the conclusion of his tenure at all...

I gotta say no cos he's just another all talk princess and we just got rid of our last one..

GetRealistic

Starter
On a one year Flyer sure why not. You gotta figure he'll be getting into the best shape of his life this offseason and he'd love to play in this system to inflate his numbers in order to make himself one more big pay day in 2010.

Money motivates alot of players so the potential of T-Mac to put up big numbers and earn a contract (from somebody else) in 2010 is worth us taking the risk, especially if we only give up some of our crap.

dre48ny

Rotation player
It would be cool if they took either Curry or Jefferies as they need centers as Yao can't stay healthy and Dikembe will now retire.

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
Damn dog, that would be an awesome trade!! Does it work with the trade machine??? Donnie should take advantage of how Yao is always hurt and they don't want T-MAC!!!

lol too good to be true, if they take curry's contract walsh wud do that in a heartbeat.

KING~POETIQ

The One and Only
T-mac for one year would be okay. Maybe he will resurrect his career playing for us. I would prefer artest, though.

metrocard

Legend
On a one year Flyer sure why not. You gotta figure he'll be getting into the best shape of his life this offseason and he'd love to play in this system to inflate his numbers in order to make himself one more big pay day in 2010.

Money motivates alot of players so the potential of T-Mac to put up big numbers and earn a contract (from somebody else) in 2010 is worth us taking the risk, especially if we only give up some of our crap.

T'Mac is depressed, where have you been?

T"Mac is so 2001, you guys need to move on.

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Dudes are bloging cause they are running out of subjects to talk about. There is no truth to this rumor if you can even call it that. TMac aint going nowhere near NY and NY doesn't want him. Why take a guy just for a year? Best believe if NY was to get TMac it would be for an extended period of time.

But in fairness, it's not that bad of an idea considering that LJ to NYK is a dream that is far from reality. Donnie should make a run at D Wade and Chris Bosh. No one is taking Curry or Jeffries with our Lee or Nate in the package.

the portable man

Benchwarmer
lerbon comin to NY nets next year

knicks without nate robinson is like a table with no chairs, whats the use

and tmac has always sucked, especially when his best attribute is dunking(not so special for a guy 6'8"), yet he still takes jumper after jumper

of course u gonna average at least 20ppg at some point if the coach tells u to take 30 shots per game

not to mention he plays like a drunk

might as well go after jj reddick