Mock Draft 1-20

dave2138

Rotation player
Mock Draft 1-8 because anything below that doesn't matter

1 - LA Clippers - Blake Griffin - traded to NY for Eddy Curry, Jared Jefferies and Allan Houston + Metrocard as team motivational speaker

2 - Memphis - Ricky Rubio - Followed by trading Mike Conley to Portland

3 - Oklahoma - Hasheem Thabeet - Tough choice between him or Harden..I think they have enough offense, so having this guy protecting the paint can make them a contender.

4 - Sacramento - Brandon Jennings - They took a C and PF the past 2 years, and have no need for a SG so they go with best available PG.

5 - Washington - James Harden - Best available player here. I hope he falls to the Knicks, but I think he goes to Washington. Good fit there.

6 - Minnesota - Earl Clark - They would have loved to get Brandon Jennings, but Clark fills a need at SF. I think they wind up making a trade for Heinrich this offseason anyway to fill in at PG.

7 - Golden State - Jordan Hill - They have 17 SG, so I think they go different and take the best available big man.

8 - New York - Demar Derozan - Knicks will be difficult to predict in that you can argue 10 different players being the best available at #8. I say just go with the guy with the most upside in 2010+. You hope with another year of experience he can further develop and slowly reach his potential.

9 - Toronto - Gerald Henderson - Fills a need at SG.

10- Milwaukee - Tyreke Evans - They are set at PG, SG, SF for now..but I could see them rebuilding after this year and letting Michael Redd walk as a FA. For now Evans can add depth to bench and eventually being a starter for them in 2010.

11 - New Jersey - Dajuan Blair - Would form a nice rotation with Yi as they are both completely opposite players that are strong in the areas the other is weak.

12 - Charlotte - Chase Budinger - They need a SG. Budinger played SG last year I believe, but projects to be more of a SF. Difficult spot for them since the best players available are PG and they don't have a need for that.

13 - Indiana - Stephon Curry - Adds depth in PG/SG with Jack and Ford.

14 - Phoenix - Eric Maynor - Need a PG for when Nash leaves. Have plenty to choose from.

15 - Detroit - Ty Lawson - They look like they will tear the team up after this season. Lawson and Stuckey is a nice backcourt to build around.

16 - Chicago - Sam Young - Already one of the deepest teams in the league..not sure what they will do here. Williams I guess adds to depth at SG/SF and brings them a great defensive player off the bench.

17 - Philadelphia - Terrence Williams - Need at SG

18 - Minnesota - Jonny Flynn - Need at PG

19 - Atlanta - BJ Mullens - Need at C. move Hortford to PF.

20 - Utah - James Johnson - Adds some toughness and depth at SF/PF.

going to stop at 20, maybe edit the rest later.

portega1968

El Cacique
Clippers are in a tough spot (nice one nevertheless) with that pick... they will need to move Randolph to make space.

Im hoping Walsh can capitalize on that situation and make a trade (something involving Nate, Curry, Jeffries and our 8th pick for Randolph, Bdiddy and Gordon)

Seems like we will still be lacking a true center next year.

Maybe Knicks can get Collison from OKC now that they are set to dominate the league down the road (future MVP Durant, Thabeet, Green and Westbrook... wow scary group)

IMO... Clark, Henderson, Budinger and Young are tooo high on your mock.

Johnny Flynn aint dropping to 18th nor is Curry getting by the 8th spot (Knicks will pick Curry over Demar if no one has dropped from the top 5).

dave2138

Rotation player
You are probably right with that. Just looking at the teams and their needs, it seems like there are more PG available than there are team needs for them.

At least 1 of Curry, Maynor, Lawson, Flynn, Teague will drop far lower than expected I think. Either that or there will be some trades for the picks in the 10-15 range, for the teams with that need.

A lot of people think the Knicks will take a PG..wouldn't it make sense to move down from #8 to somewhere 15-20 and take whatever PG is left of the group I just mentioned above. In doing that they can also receive some more picks, a young player with cheap contract, or get a team to take Curry or Jefferies.

portega1968

El Cacique
I agree with you Dave that there are too many PGs.. someone will be left sitting alone in the green room by the time the 20th pick comes up.

I would gladly trade down if we could get two picks and land Flynn and Mullens (probably a backup center but nevertheless a true center).

ANU

Starter
CLIPPERS-RUBIO
KNICKS VIA MEMPHIS-GRIFFIN(grizz get 8th, mobley, chandler,send jaric to nyk; THEY ASSUMED THE CLIPS WOULD TAKE GRIFFIN) :D
THUNDER-THABEET
KINGS-JENNINGS
WIZARDS-HARDEN
T WOLVES-HOLIDAY
WARRIORS-CURRY
GRIZZ VIA NYK-HILL
TORONTO-DEROZAN
BUCKS-LAWSON
NETS-CLARK
BOBCATS-WILLIAMS
PACERS-JOHNSON
SUNS-FLYNN