I dont know if this has been posted here yet (John Starks Tshirt)

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
http://thefreshdepot.com/free-gold-watch-starks-white.html
http://thefreshdepot.com/free-gold-watch-starks.html

yhst-18116354230184_2055_7511741

Alternate Views

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
and sadly, crawford is right there with starks..why do knicks fans fall in love with these types of players?

I still might get this shirt, just because of my hatred for michael jordan.

They should photoshop the picture and put a real knick on there dunking over Jordan...like Marbury or someone. I would pay alotta money for a shirt like that

139254_2.jpg

a real knick good call on that horrible call on marbury being a real knick... he achieved jack shit as a knick... no all star no playoff reputation no championship.... nothing how about a guy like ewing

OGKnickfan

Enlightened
Granted, Starks wasn't a great player. However, he did help us win a lot of ball games, played with a lot of toughness and grit. He had some off nights, but, again, he wasn't a great player. He was very streaky, which usually means you're not going to be "great." Only uneducated fans, who watch knicks #3 and never actually saw him play, think he's a legend. Anyone with knowledge knows he was a good roleplayer, a sorry excuse for a second option, and that's about it. If you know that, then he's not overrated... he's just Starks.

My main issue with him was games 6 and 7, 1994, the summer of OJ, when, during game 6, Ewing rolled off of a screen and roll he did with Starks, at the end of the game, wide open to the basket, and Starks ignored him and threw up the infamous three that got blocked by Olajuwon. Had he passed, we might have been champs more recently than '73 or whenever it was. In the next game, he decides to keep shooting, brick after brick, when other guys, like Harper, Oakley and especially Ewing, were showing they were on target. He'd see someone else was hot and still decide to shoot. It was criminal, because if he had just stopped shooting in the fourth, it might have been enough to pull the victory. Oh well...

Starks=MVP of Rockets 94 championship team.

All right, GTG. Later, kids.

dre48ny

Rotation player
and sadly, crawford is right there with starks..why do knicks fans fall in love with these types of players?

I still might get this shirt, just because of my hatred for michael jordan.

They should photoshop the picture and put a real knick on there dunking over Jordan...like Marbury or someone. I would pay alotta money for a shirt like that

139254_2.jpg

It wouldn't be right to photoshop something that Marbs never accomplished. I like Marbs, but that Starks moment is still on my mind since i was a young teenager. I don't have one from Marbs that stands out as much as that dunk!! Yeah Starks is no legend, but he had his moments. He definitely is not a bad Knick like Crawful.

GetRealistic

Starter
The heart and soul of one of the greatest Knicks eras in our history is overrated? A former CBA player who bagged groceries and went on to be an NBA All Star and 6th man of the year is overrated? The guy who was the second leading scorer on a NBA finals team is ovverrated? If anything John Starks was an overachiever.

Everybody talks about Game 7 vs the Rockets but what about Game 6 vs Indiana if Starks doesn't go off in Game 6 at Indy there would have been no NBA finals. Through 6 games of the NBA finals John Starks (maybe Harper) was the Knicks MVP. Ewing as much as i love him was getting outplayed by Hakeem and Starks made big shots to help us win game 2, 4, and 5. Go look at the tape.

Maybe Starks should have stopped shooting but he's a streaky shooter who believed he's one shot away from getting hot. Why doesn't anybody kill Riley for leaving Starks in the game when he had a dead eye veteran shooter in Renaldo Blackman on the bench.

Starks was a consiment teammate who brought effort every night he stepped on the court (something "Starbury" never did). He never had top 50 talent in the NBA but he battled throughout his entire career.

metrocard

Legend
The heart and soul of one of the greatest Knicks eras in our history is overrated? A former CBA player who bagged groceries and went on to be an NBA All Star and 6th man of the year is overrated? The guy who was the second leading scorer on a NBA finals team is ovverrated? If anything John Starks was an overachiever.

Everybody talks about Game 7 vs the Rockets but what about Game 6 vs Indiana if Starks doesn't go off in Game 6 at Indy there would have been no NBA finals. Through 6 games of the NBA finals John Starks (maybe Harper) was the Knicks MVP. Ewing as much as i love him was getting outplayed by Hakeem and Starks made big shots to help us win game 2, 4, and 5. Go look at the tape.

Maybe Starks should have stopped shooting but he's a streaky shooter who believed he's one shot away from getting hot. Why doesn't anybody kill Riley for leaving Starks in the game when he had a dead eye veteran shooter in Renaldo Blackman on the bench.

Starks was a consiment teammate who brought effort every night he stepped on the court (something "Starbury" never did). He never had top 50 talent in the NBA but he battled throughout his entire career.

Starks was a headache.
He's a touch guy and hard worker, but didn't make the best choices on the court...especially his god awful shot selection.

Sadly, he was one of the best Knicks SG of all time.