According to Curry (Eddy), Walsh was impressed with his workout

metrocard

Legend
Same here...it twists my brain knowing how bad the Isiah trade for Curry was (one of the worst all time) and how fools actually believed in Isiah and Curry being the building base of the franchise.

Damn, those days were retarded...

Dirk

Benchwarmer
Why is Wallsh impress? is because cury cook nice portterhaus steak dinner for him after workout.

cury = lazy fat piece of tharsh, not one positive things to say about this guy in ho wmany years

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
i actually hope eddy curry becomes a dominant force. i have no doubt my mind that it WONT happen, but still if he cud be the "baby shaq" he was thought to be, then hed be an unstoppable offensive force. im hoping he becomes so good that we dont want to trade him. like i said i believe 100% tht this wont happen, but i can dream.

in review:
Jermaine Jackson
Tim Thomas
Mike Sweetney
LaMarcus Aldridge
Joakim Noah
Kyrylo Fesenko
2009 2nd round draft pick

FOR
Eddy Curry
Antonio Davis

Thanks, Isiah.

metrocard

Legend
in review:
Jermaine Jackson
Tim Thomas
Mike Sweetney
LaMarcus Aldridge
Joakim Noah
Kyrylo Fesenko
2009 2nd round draft pick

FOR
Eddy Curry
Antonio Davis

Thanks, Isiah.

So after this draft, we could of been.

Lawson 6"
Gallo 6"10
Chandler 6"8
Alridge 6"11
Noah 6"11

6th man
Lee
Robinson

dave2138

Rotation player
They got Wilson Chandler because of the deal too I think..have to double check on that one.

At the time of the deal though..I don't think I was that upset, knowing they were receiving a 23 year old center with all star potential. Pretend this trade never went down and Curry spent 4 years in college...You don't think he would be the #1-#2 pick in the draft?

Essentially thats all this trade was - choosing 23 year old Curry over 19 year old Aldridge and Chandler over Noah. It worked out terribly, but at the time of the deal, I can't say I would have predicted it to turn out the way it did.

I kind of feel bad for Thomas..every deal he made backfired. He tried to take advantage of teams looking at the future, by getting more talented players with longer contracts on the team, but nothing worked out. Besides some smart draft picks, nothing worked out for him.

By far the most stupid and unforgivable move he made was not making the 2010 pick lottery protected in the Marbury trade. There was no need to do that. Seriously, that trade wouldn't have gone down had Thomas insisted on making lottery protected? Its clear he was just going with short term gain by risking long term loss.

metrocard

Legend
They got Wilson Chandler because of the deal too I think..have to double check on that one.

At the time of the deal though..I don't think I was that upset, knowing they were receiving a 23 year old center with all star potential. Pretend this trade never went down and Curry spent 4 years in college...You don't think he would be the #1-#2 pick in the draft?

Essentially thats all this trade was - choosing 23 year old Curry over 19 year old Aldridge and Chandler over Noah. It worked out terribly, but at the time of the deal, I can't say I would have predicted it to turn out the way it did.

I kind of feel bad for Thomas..every deal he made backfired. He tried to take advantage of teams looking at the future, by getting more talented players with longer contracts on the team, but nothing worked out. Besides some smart draft picks, nothing worked out for him.

By far the most stupid and unforgivable move he made was not making the 2010 pick lottery protected in the Marbury trade. There was no need to do that. Seriously, that trade wouldn't have gone down had Thomas insisted on making lottery protected? Its clear he was just going with short term gain by risking long term loss.

You wasn't upset because you failed to do your research.

Curry was 23, but everyone knew Curry knew he never loved basketball.
Curry never loved being industrious.
Curry never was defender/rebounder/high IQ player...never show potential in these areas.
Curry could score at the paint with a high rate of turning the ball over.

Curry's potential was overrated.
He was 6"11 and didn't get a lot of lift off the ground, guys like David Lee and Carl Landry play bigger than him.

To Curry's advantage, he has excellent footwork and offensive post fundamentals.

His only potential was scoring.
Every other aspect, had no potential.

If if if....How do you know Curry would of been good at college?
You don't.

With his recipe of poor work ethic and lack of love for the game, his draft stock would of most likely fall.

ESPECIALLY IN THE NCAA, where the court is smaller and guards are more favored.

ESPECIALLY IN THE NCAA with the 5 second rule.

Do you realize Curry takes over 5 seconds + more to score one on one?

That means new turnover technique for Curry...would of been a diaster for him.

Plus, Curry in COLLEGE? Curry in a dorm, with all the junk food, college cafeteria...dude would of went nuts and probably lose his scolarship from sudden obesity.

Well, this is why I'm metrocard, my predictions 95% of the time came true.
I hated everything about the Curry trade and turned out to be right, I'm not asking for a cookie, but just to say I did my research and knew my shit, and took a lot of heat for it. I'm trying to get anyone to like me, but its just a lesson to you guys. Do a little research only takes 1-2 minutes.

You're not a Knicks fan if you feel bad for Isiah Thomas.

yea they swapped 1st round picks with chicago in 07 i think so they dropped from 5th i think to 27th or somewhere around there and picked chandler while the bulls picked noah with the 5 i think it was.

Bernard_King

Benchwarmer
I think Curry can be better then Dwight Howard, look for a MVP type of season and he could lead up to a championship in 2010. Then again I believe in the Tooth Fairy and Sabta Claus and just escaped from a mental hospital.

BK

dave2138

Rotation player
You wasn't upset because you failed to do your research.

Curry was 23, but everyone knew Curry knew he never loved basketball.
Curry never loved being industrious.
Curry never was defender/rebounder/high IQ player...never show potential in these areas.
Curry could score at the paint with a high rate of turning the ball over.

Curry's potential was overrated.
He was 6"11 and didn't get a lot of lift off the ground, guys like David Lee and Carl Landry play bigger than him.

To Curry's advantage, he has excellent footwork and offensive post fundamentals.

His only potential was scoring.
Every other aspect, had no potential.

If if if....How do you know Curry would of been good at college?
You don't.

With his recipe of poor work ethic and lack of love for the game, his draft stock would of most likely fall.

ESPECIALLY IN THE NCAA, where the court is smaller and guards are more favored.

ESPECIALLY IN THE NCAA with the 5 second rule.

Do you realize Curry takes over 5 seconds + more to score one on one?

That means new turnover technique for Curry...would of been a diaster for him.

Plus, Curry in COLLEGE? Curry in a dorm, with all the junk food, college cafeteria...dude would of went nuts and probably lose his scolarship from sudden obesity.

Well, this is why I'm metrocard, my predictions 95% of the time came true.
I hated everything about the Curry trade and turned out to be right, I'm not asking for a cookie, but just to say I did my research and knew my shit, and took a lot of heat for it. I'm trying to get anyone to like me, but its just a lesson to you guys. Do a little research only takes 1-2 minutes.

You're not a Knicks fan if you feel bad for Isiah Thomas.

don't pat yourself on the back too hard..

23 year old center with 4 years NBA experience, showing improvement each year..It wasn't wrong to assume that he still had time to improve in areas he was weak in. It was a bold move that he was almost forced to do since he was in a win-now situation, just never worked out mainly because like you said Curry didn't care and took his talent for granted.

That doesn't mean it was a bad trade. A bad trade is when at the time of the trade everyone, even average fans know its lopsided. Kazmir -> Victor Zambrano for example. This was giving up a #2 pick for a 23 year old center with all star like upside. Everything else in that deal wasn't that big of a deal..We could live with Noah -> Chandler.

Thomas' problem was forcing himself to be in "win now mode" because of the Marbury trade. I feel bad for anyone that made deals that completely backfired and ruined a franchise.

Thats cool though that you have the power to annoint who is a real knick fan or not.

DaTPRiNCE

The Knicks are Back
if curry can get into shape, and he could play up to the level of talent he possesses then i wouldn't mind keeping him, or tarde him, al least we'll have that option.

Kiyaman

Legend
Dont Sleep on Eddy Curry Value?

Knick-Fans wake-up!
Donnie Walsh is Slow, a little to slow for me.

It is very easy to trade Eddy Curry this offseason to several teams.

One team in particular that wants Eddy Curry and the two years remaining on his contract is the Bobcats....that's right! no nonsense coach Larry Brown will do his best to get Eddy Curry for a very cheap price from Dum Dum Donnie Walsh this offseason. Why?

The Bobcats have a long line of strong defensive Bigmen that can defend, shotblock, and rebound on both sides of the court on their roster in:
Okafor, Diop, Nzar, May, and Ajinca.
Not to mention SF-Gerald Wallace and SF-Diaw.

With the Bobcats 12th pick I'm certain they are looking for the best availble scoring Guard in the draft whether PG or SG.
They may try to trade up to get Harden to pair with PG-Augustine (last year pick) to be their future.

Coach Larry Brown has always lead his team to the playoffs in his second season with the team (career record that got him in the HOF).

Eddy Curry could be out of shape and still be a low post scoring threat (for 24 mpg) alongside of any of the Bobcats Bigman and SF on the court.
The Bobcats long line of defensive Bigmen let them be able to have a tandem of 5.9 guards on the court.

ANU

Starter
how bout he stops with all these little pr moves on twitter, an actually gets his loser ass on the floor and plays his guts out? wouldn't that make him more endearing to the fans? smh.......

Oldtimer

Rotation player
Curry

Eddy Curry just might surprise us. If Walsh truly noticed muscle in the neck and shoulders and some transformation in Curry's physique, Curry has also. I do not believe he has ever been in shape. Whatever progress he has made will likely encourage him to keep going. I am sure Metro will agree that when someone starts working out the right way and sees improvement, he is likely to keep moving forward. Too many of us start, do not work intensely enough for long enough and then give up and start eating the donuts again.

Curry has been in Detroit for quite awhile. That is not his home. I think he is working hard and I think (hope) he is going to show up in shape. However, he still has to get an aggressive attitude on defense and on the boards. If he can run in D'Antoni's system, we might have something.

But then again the ugly duckling who emerges as a swan -- that is a fairy tale, isn't it?