Measurements are out...

metrocard

Legend
http://www.draftexpress.com/article/Measurements-released-3236/

A lot of positives for most prospects, except Blair.

But Height is overrated, always been in the NBA. I feel Wingspan and Reach play a bigger factor...size in motion...not size in standing up...no one plays basketball standing up stragiht....the body is flexed in a defensive athletic position.

Earl Clark has some long ass arms.

Tyreke Evans almost has a 7 foot wingspan.

BJ Mull has a 9'3 reach, close to Thabeet's 9"5 reach.

MSGKnickz33

The Gold Mac
I was a big fan of Blair when i saw him play against Uconn, but im not sure how effective he will be in the NBA with his lack of height. I think hes an intelligent player that knows how to use his strength but i dont know how far that will get him in the NBA, he would be a bad pick for us.

I have liked Ty Lawsons game and i thought last year that we should try to acquire an additional draft pick to pick him with, until he was removed from the draft. I think we should go after him...we gotta either get a big or a point guard.

I guess i cant make any jokes about length (pause) after being exposed recently in that other thread :redface:

*exits thread, embarrassed*

ANU

Starter
I was a big fan of Blair when i saw him play against Uconn, but im not sure how effective he will be in the NBA with his lack of height. I think hes an intelligent player that knows how to use his strength but i dont know how far that will get him in the NBA, he would be a bad pick for us.

I have liked Ty Lawsons game and i thought last year that we should try to acquire an additional draft pick to pick him with, until he was removed from the draft. I think we should go after him...we gotta either get a big or a point guard.

I guess i cant make any jokes about length (pause) after being exposed recently in that other thread :redface:

*exits thread, embarrassed*
he baptized thabeet.that's his godson.he'll be more than effective in the league.if we had no lee, blair would be awesome in this system.dejuan has a 7-2 wingspan.:teeth:
that's crazy.
matter fact, mullens, and blair should both get got by this team(pick, picks) after pick 8.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
I hope they either try to trade up for Thabeet, or trade down, get 2 picks and get Lawson and Mullens.

Why are you so HIGH on Lawson? Some here think he is the next Isiah Thomas. The guy was a great player in college but that never translates for small point guards in the nba. He's too short and won't be able to blow by people with his small frame. Its not all about speed, you need strength and power also.

If we come up with Lawson and Mullens in this years draft, I will be a very pissed off.:cool:

JayJ44

Starter
Why are you so HIGH on Lawson? Some here think he is the next Isiah Thomas. The guy was a great player in college but that never translates for small point guards in the nba. He's too short and won't be able to blow by people with his small frame. Its not all about speed, you need strength and power also.

If we come up with Lawson and Mullens in this years draft, I will be a very pissed off.:cool:

Height doesn't mean anything. Lawson is the same height as Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo. Height has very little bearing when it comes to PG success.

Lawson's main strength is his power. His combination of speed, strength and explosiveness make him one of the best slasher's in this draft. Combined with his leadership, passing, and defense make him one of the top PG prospects this year.

TunerAddict

Starter
Charles Barkeley was only 6'4 3/4" so I think Blair can do well. I don't think he is really a lottery pick, but he is a solid mid 1st rounder.

Supermansdaddy

Benchwarmer
Height doesn't mean anything. Lawson is the same height as Chris Paul and Rajon Rondo. Height has very little bearing when it comes to PG success.

Lawson's main strength is his power. His combination of speed, strength and explosiveness make him one of the best slasher's in this draft. Combined with his leadership, passing, and defense make him one of the top PG prospects this year.

Exactly right.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer

Rondo has huge hands and a large wingspan! Have you seen this guy guard the perimeter?

I just don't think that Lawson could translate what he did in college to the pros. It just doesn't make any sense to place so high regards for a player so short and that has very small arms. He is my mind a 2nd rounder and not worthy of a guarantee contract.

JayJ44

Starter
Rondo has huge hands and a large wingspan! Have you seen this guy guard the perimeter?

I just don't think that Lawson could translate what he did in college to the pros. It just doesn't make any sense to place so high regards for a player so short and that has very small arms. He is my mind a 2nd rounder and not worthy of a guarantee contract.

You're putting too much stock in things that don't matter that much. His size/wingspan are a slight concern, but that single detriment in his game doesn't take away from his passing, defense, leadership, and slashing ability.

Kiyaman

Legend

Ty Lawson is a replica of St. Johns PG-Mark Jackson, whom was a late late first rounder but won the ROY.

Ty Lawson is probably the best PG in this draft class, he knows all the basic duties of a PG and sum....being a natural born PG he will get his teammates trust quicker then all the PG in this draft class.

I like Ty Lawson....but I'm satisfied with Nate the Great.
I luv Holidays overall athletic talent but comming out after his freshman year is not good for any PG.
Jennings has a multitude of talent as a PG....but it's not hard to figure out how much trust he received from his teammates overseas as their quarterback.

Last edited:

metrocard

Legend
I'm projecting Blair to have a great NBA career...his work ethic is amazing and plays the game like it was played in the 80's...I wish we had an extra pick...trade Lee for a pick to get Blair...he's Oakleyish with his rebounding/domination prowesss.

He was over 300 pounds in college.
Now is 271 with a lot of muscle and is still conditioning.

KingCharles34

All Star
Blair is a big guy...Im not gay, but i wouldnt mind it if he posted me up, just to see how strong he is
hmm.gif