Darko, for Q-rich?

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
Darko's Best Shot?

At this time of year it's easy to get consumed by all of the rumors, smoke, and mirrors out there. Every team is trying to position themselves to complete what they feel is the best move for their franchise. One of the more interesting rumors is the New York Knicks supposed interest in Darko Milicic.
According to Ronald Tillery of the Memphis Commercial Appeal the Knicks are intrigued by the prospect of attaining Milicic in exchange for Quentin Richardson. One of the Knicks' biggest problems last year was their lack of a true low post presence at the center position. While Darko has been the butt of many jokes over the past five years, Knicks Coach Mike D'Antoni's system is quite a good fit for him.
In D'Antoni's offense Darko would not be regulated to solely playing inside the painted area. As we saw with Amar'e Stoudemire in Phoenix he's spend a lot of time in the 18-20 foot area where he'd be involved in a lot of pick-and-rolls. This would allow Darko to utilize his full skill set as he is an above average passer and a viable mid-range jump shooter.
It's a low-risk, high-reward type move for the New York Knicks. They need a big man that can fit into D'Antoni's style of play and in theory Darko can do so. He's well on his way to being remembered solely as one of the biggest busts of all-time, but he's never really been able to find a team he's comfortable with. Everyone loves D'Antoni and his style of play that is so exciting to watch. Who knows, it may just be perfect for Darko and if it isn't his contract fits perfectly into their 2010 plans anyway.

Imagine

Darko
#2 Pick

For

QRich
#8 Pick

Donnie would be GOAT if he did that

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
blah forget the milicic hype, they said the same thing about a "new beginning" for him when he went to orlando and memphis respectively. he'll be a role player at best, but the think that makes this deal would be getting that 2nd pick. there arejust so many rumors floating around nowadays that u dont know what to believe, but i really hope he could pull this one off. im glad that we arent giving up in our pursuit of rubio. most people on this site agree he'd be the perfect fit, and id think hed be a great playmaker for mike d's system. i can only hope this trade goes through

knickzrulezH20

Sexy Stud
wait that article didnt say theyd be swapping picks? even if they dont its still not a bad deal, q brick doesnt have much left in the gas to be worth more than darko "bust" milicic

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
Is this a joke! Why would the Grizz trade the second pick for crap? I believe the Richardson for Darko is a straight up trade. And if the second overall pick is involve then we have to give them so much more even including Chandler and future considerations that includes our 2011 and 2013 draft picks.

GetRealistic

Starter
Is this a joke! Why would the Grizz trade the second pick for crap? I believe the Richardson for Darko is a straight up trade. And if the second overall pick is involve then we have to give them so much more even including Chandler and future considerations that includes our 2011 and 2013 draft picks.

because the grizz are a joke of an orginzation and the 8th pick will be alot cheaper to sign then the 2nd pick.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
It isn't a swap. I believe DatPrince was right

I was just saying, if that WAS the trade, itd be amazing. But hey, you never know, this is Memphis we're talking about.

Id like Terrence Williams with that 27 pick.

CoolClyde

Donnie Darko in, Q Brick Out... YES!!

Go for it! Donnie Darko and #27 for Q and cash?
great GM move, great for the Knicks.
Str8 up trade Darko for Q Brickshithouse is a fine trade,
getting the 27th pick for cash is even better.
Donnie is stocking the Knicks with 6'10" and above since end of season.
With an eye on Thabeet, Donnie's looking to improve team defense by
getting taller, to help No-D'Antoni's pitfalls as a No-D coach.
Size matters in the NBA, Darko will thrive, all is good.
Wonder what Dirk-o thinks?

donchris

Next season, keep waiting
Not really sure why we need Darko. There's a lot of spin in this article. It was written as if Darko will be resurrected in a Knicks uniform. Tell my why getting Darko won't be like having two Eddie Curry's? I know Darko has a better contract then Curry but what has he done for any team? Why not just let Richardson's contract expire?

I read that Marcus Camby is available!

dre48ny

Rotation player
I guess both contracts expire so basically we're giving up bricks for some unproven length.

LOIOSH30

Benchwarmer
I think the logic with Darko is that if given 20 min or so a game he'll probably give you some aggressive d in the post and a block or two. It may also have something to do with protecting DLee from having to guard centers all the time.

We have to get some size one way or the other, Q shouldn't see any time next year on this team anyway. I like it, if it doesn't work, no damage done...

dave2138

Rotation player
I thought Memphis wasn't interested in trading their late 1st round pick for cash. I don't think Richardson - Darko would make any difference.

The 1 guy I want from Memphis is Mike Conley.

Why can't you do something like sign and trade David Lee

for

Darko + Conley + 27th pick.

Also they might like Chris Duhon as he would be a nice veteran back up PG to Rubio. So if they don't like Richardson, then might still do like Duhon -> Darko + 27th pick.

I would like it though if Conley was the guy they targeted over there. I guarantee you they would want Lee in return though. No other way a deal can get done without him I don't think.

CoolClyde

Donnie Darko Fantasy Hurt

with renewed interest in this damn trade, checked out past fantasy news reports on the Darkman; he may turn out to be another Jerome James-like injury-prone bench-warmer waiting to happen... cons seem to outweigh the pros. could say the same for Q.

FANTASY PLAYER NEWS

<!-- It is now: Wed Jun 24 10:42:51 EDT 2009 --> <!-- It is now: Wed Jun 24 07:57:41 EDT 2009 -->Uh-Oh, it's Darko!

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
with renewed interest in this damn trade, checked out past fantasy news reports on the Darkman; he may turn out to be another Jerome James-like injury-prone bench-warmer waiting to happen... cons seem to outweigh the pros. could say the same for Q.

FANTASY PLAYER NEWS

<!-- It is now: Wed Jun 24 10:42:51 EDT 2009 --><!-- It is now: Wed Jun 24 07:57:41 EDT 2009 -->
Uh-Oh, it's Darko!

his contract expires next year; he wont be THAT bad.