Get Ewing That Ring!!

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
also Van Gundy deserves his too, get back at Rat Riles for what he did in 2006.

I was thinking the same thing last night. Riley didn't need to come back that year to prove anything and the team had made it to the conference finals the year before with Van Gundy so the finals and winning it wasn't out of reach. Finally Good Karma in the NBA!

As for Ewing man I couldn't be more proud of him, the guy has been an incredible big man's coach in Houston and Orlando. He deserves that ring as there have never been a more respectful player in the NBA in the court. A true Gentlemen. By far my favorite Knick of all time. I predict Magic in 6 winning in Los Angeles as the format is 2-3-2.

I would have been so mad seeing the Cavs and Lakers matchup. They had a million commercials coming into yesterday's game giving it all the hype.

StreetDreams21

I got Soul
I was thinking the same thing last night. Riley didn't need to come back that year to prove anything and the team had made it to the conference finals the year before with Van Gundy so the finals and winning it wasn't out of reach. Finally Good Karma in the NBA!

As for Ewing man I couldn't be more proud of him, the guy has been an incredible big man's coach in Houston and Orlando. He deserves that ring as there have never been a more respectful player in the NBA in the court. A true Gentlemen. By far my favorite Knick of all time. I predict Magic in 6 winning in Los Angeles as the format is 2-3-2.

I would have been so mad seeing the Cavs and Lakers matchup. They had a million commercials coming into yesterday's game giving it all the hype.

That shows you something. He helped the 2 Best Centers in the game today. Scary thing is, Dwight's not even in his prime yet. He still needs to develop a beastly offensive game. He averaged barely 20ppg in the season.

smokes

Huge Member
That shows you something. He helped the 2 Best Centers in the game today. Scary thing is, Dwight's not even in his prime yet. He still needs to develop a beastly offensive game. He averaged barely 20ppg in the season.

Yeah, I'm not sure if Howard has the ability to develop a solid midrange but if he does he will be one of the best centres ever in the league.

I really want the Magic to win the finals, however I think it will be a tall order for them, they haven't played against a solid frontcourt so far really, Boston was as close as they got and Perkins/Big Baby don't really hold a candle to Gasol/Bynum/Odom. Should be an interesting series, go magic!

King Ewing

Banned
I think the Magic can take on the Lakers front court. Bynum might be the most overrated player in the world.

BTW GREAT Sig smokes.

smokes

Huge Member
I think the Magic can take on the Lakers front court. Bynum might be the most overrated player in the world.

BTW GREAT Sig smokes.

He's overrated but he's still a decent paint presence and with 7' Pau Gasol and Odom off the bench it's not a frontcourt that the Magic have faced so far, the Cavs had little to defend against Orlando's inside/outside game, that was apparent from game 1, they had wide open shots throughout every game because the Cavs are not adept at rotating smartly out of a double team.

The Lakers have a much more experienced and skilled defense than the Cavs which will cause Orlando problems if they are going to live and die by the 3. Howard needs to come up HUGE in this series for Orlando to take the ring.

WVKnickfan

Rotation player
If there is one guy that DESERVES a ring then that guy is Patrick Ewing and I hope he gets that ring.LET GOOOOOOOO MAGIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:peace::beer::thumbsup:

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
Howard will get his and so will Kobe & Gasol. That's 2 on 1 right there. WTF is Gortat gonna do? Bynum is crap but he's XL and is gonna be a headache for the Magic supporting front court.

For Orlando, this series comes down to the 2 & 3 spot. Pietrus, The Glue & Lewis have to play even better than they did in the East playoffs. And that's against a much better all round squad than any they played in the preliminaries or ECFs.

It's not looking good for the Magic @ all.

Fakers in 5.

A-Holes.

MSGhobo247

Rotation player
Magic might have to change up their lineup... no way Lewis can guard Gasol for an entire game let alone series (he'll be worn out on the other side)...Magic also need to stop with so many 3s and drive into the heart and get to the line... GO PATRICK CHEWING!!

knicks600.jpg

smokes

Huge Member
Magic might have to change up their lineup... no way Lewis can guard Gasol for an entire game let alone series (he'll be worn out on the other side)...Magic also need to stop with so many 3s and drive into the heart and get to the line... GO PATRICK CHEWING!!

knicks600.jpg

It still annoys me that Knicks organization didn't employ Ewing when we had the chance. As a defensive coach and center coach it was obvious he would be one of the best in the league, and Orlando has shown so much improvement under his defensive leadership combined with SVG's overall coaching.

Watching the Orlando vs Cleveland series it was amazing to see their defense, the only guy who could consistently beat them was LBJ going one-on-one with Pietrus/Lee/Alston, if you watched closely you would have seen he struggled when going up against Turkoglu over the duration of the series.

Orlando is a better defensive team than the Lakers, but they do rely heavily on the 3 point shot, which won't come so easily, since the Lakers do defend the perimeter much better than Cleveland. However LA only have Kobe and Gasol who can really command the ball, neither of them as well as Lebron can.

LA got a lot of help from their "lesser" players like Ariza during the Denver series. Denver made key defensive mistakes to allow the less dangerous weapons of LA get very good looks. Orlando will probably not make this mistake.

The wildcard is whether the Orlando frontcourt of Howard, Lewis, Turk and Gortat can match up against an LA frontcourt that is much more powerful than any other they have faced on this playoff run.

People said from the start Orlando has no chance without Nelson, but Alston has done a great job filling in, along with Anthony Johnson's key playoff experience they should have no problem matching up with the Lakers less than impressive point guards.

KingCharles34

All Star
i thought i was the only one that didnt like the way pat riley came back and fired stan van gundy...it was messed up. I have been pullin for the Lakers all along, but i really dont care who wins now. Im just looking forward to a good competitive series.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Yeah Ewing get yours in any way you can!! He deserves to be a coach, what a job with Yao and Howard!!

Kiyaman

Legend
Patrick Ewing chances of getting a Ring vs Phil Jackson and the best player in the league (Mike Jordan) Kobe Bryant is zero to none...

How many Get Rings?

How many people in the organization get rings? Is there a general number they issue? I never seen assistant coaches show their rings they got by being on staff of a championship team. Does this happen?
:gony:

King Ewing

Banned
How many people in the organization get rings? Is there a general number they issue? I never seen assistant coaches show their rings they got by being on staff of a championship team. Does this happen?
:gony:

EVERYONE gets a ring. I mean EVERYONE.

The team photographer, the local play by play crew, the assistant coaches, I could go on and on. Everyone gets a ring. Ewing would get one. Last night was kinda a heart break, oh well, they still have a chance.

LETS GO MAGIC! Get Ewing that RING!!

quiggle

Starter
last Ewing story to wrap up the 08-09 campaign.

"One of his workouts was for the Washington Wizards, where Patrick Ewing was then an assistant coach.
After the workout, Ewing stunned Powell, by telling him that he would never make the NBA.
Powell has not forgotten. "Every time I see him," he says, he remembers the words that once cut him. "It was just motivation. I can't do nothing but respect it, if that's his opinion. It just drove me to go hard. It drove me to stay hungry."