Dekembe injury a blessing in disguise

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
Thank goodness Deke got injured and missed 25 games.That allowed our other big men to improve thier game which they all did.Deke now returns with fresh legs and a swagger like hes ready to be "the MAN" in the middle again.

Hoagies99

Benchwarmer
i really dont think mtuombo getting injured was a good thing, if the knicks would have continued to play well, theyd be in the 4th seed, so dikembe getting injured def was not a good thing, he only took up like 24 min per game anways

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
true,but how old is Deke 38?Do you think his legs could withstand 82 games PLUS the playoffs?I dont.He looked old and too slow before the injury.Why do you think Naz got his job starting?Deke was whining alot (remember that?)too so the injury made him keep quiet

TrueBlue20

Benchwarmer
Hoagies99 said:
i really dont think mtuombo getting injured was a good thing, if the knicks would have continued to play well, theyd be in the 4th seed, so dikembe getting injured def was not a good thing, he only took up like 24 min per game anways

I agree. I think that if we had Deke, we could have probably won some of the games that we lost. Deke's defense is invaluable he could have helped at the least.

kriss childs

Benchwarmer
yo i'm sorry but Deke was really sucking during that stretch of the season yall dont remember ? He was mad at Lenny AND Isaiah too!

WiL8000

Rotation player
Dikemebe was complaining about his role, not being a starter, about Thomas. At that time I was getting fed up with all his complaining. Mutombo seems to have gotten his rational behavior back during his recovery from surgery. His legs are fresh, he plays with spirit now. Hopefully he will take that into the playoffs.