Camby/Frye 3 way rumor is back

smokes

Huge Member
I read today that league sources are suggesting a 3 way trade between the Clips/Blazers/Knicks is being discussed to bring back Camby and Frye to NY. This rumor was going around earlier in the season iirc.

Lee to Portland, Q to LA, Frye and Camby to NY. Don't know what the deal is between Portland/LA.

I wouldn't be mad.

Arod2k9

Benchwarmer
This would be a great trade for us. We get bigger up front and give up on Q finally while not re-signing Lee saving money for 2010. I hope this trade goes down, lets not forget Frye and Camby are both 6'11.:thumbsup:

Scribbles

Rotation player
I'd sign off on this if Lee is demanding too much money.

I like Lee but for the right price....

He isn't a stellar player but he's a good player.

dave2138

Rotation player
Damn that looks like a terrible deal..I wouldn't bet much on Camby helping passed next year. Frye did nothing last year so you would think he could be had for much less like a 2nd round pick or something.

The goal should be to get an expiring contract + a young player with good upside or a mid-late 1st round pick. If they are going to let Lee go at least get something that can help us in 2010+.

I was hoping Conley or Jeff Green for Lee +, but maybe I'm not being too realistic.

I just thought trading Conley lets the grizzlies keep Rubio..

and getting a good rebounding C/PF allows Oklahoma to draft Harden.

dave2138

Rotation player
you think the Clippers would do Duhon - Camby straight up? They need a back up PG for Baron Davis more than they need a back up back up center.

dave2138

Rotation player
tough to trade Kaman though..signed through 2012. I doubt there will be many teams even offering a shitty player expiring contract for him. Overpaid, injury prone center signed long term..I think they are stuck with him.

Crazy⑧s

Evacuee
love to have Cambyland back, but I dunno if losing Lee is worth it at Camby's age and constant injury status.

Bit of a pointless trade really cos Frye's a rotten turd nowadays and Camby would retire after next season.

dre48ny

Rotation player
Man a draft pick has to be included via portland to us. If Lee is too expensive it makes sense cause we clear cap space. Camby has like 2 more years left in him and Frye I don't know his deal, kinda iffy.